What's a good excuse/reason for being in a man-made pine forest area?

self isolating :) then cough few times lol

Why am I here? Well, a guy met a woman. And they hit it off. Maybe not right away, but eventually, and they got along really well for at least a couple hours, so... Here I am ;).

Why am I here? Why am I here?! Because I knew YOU would be standing... there - so I had to move. Duh!

Why am I here? Ya know Guido? Guido the Knife? Sure ya do, everybody knows Guido. So ol' Guido, he says to me, he says, "If I catch you within a thousand miles of my old lady, it will not go well for you!" So I grabs my pedometer, and I starts to walkin'.

Why am I here? What do I look like, Mac, a priest or one of those scientificators? How the <BLEEP> should I know?

I got... I really don't like to talk about it, you know? But I was the youngest person ever to get a steel plate implanted in their skull, and it does this antenna thing. I had to come all the way out here just to get some peace and quiet.

Because I figured you'd be along any minute needing somebody to talk to.

She told me to get lost. <SHRUGS>

Why am I here? Why are YOU here?

Aliens, man. Aliens.

Restraining order. 'nuff said.

I saw this greasy looking hippie skulking around, and figured I'd follow him to see what he was up to. But I lost the SOB - and now I seem to have lost ME. Which way to the road, ossifer?

The rabbit died. (You might have to ask an old fart to explain this one.)

I simply felt that this was where I needed to be.

Uh... Where?

I paid that Jeff Bezos $99 for "free" two-day shipping and I wanted to make sure I got my money's worth.

I'm not.

If you were me, brother, you'd be here, too :rolleyes: .

<SHH> I'm playing hide and seek - and I intend to win this time.

It's not why I'm here that matters, man, it's when.

I heard someone say, "Wherever you go, there you are." I'm testing their theory.

Uh... Gee, I dunno. Why am I here?

Because Trump... isn't.

Because you volunteer?

The property is owned by a forestry company. Unfortunately volunteer work isn't done on forestry land.

In short, learn to not get noticed. Learn to walk silently through the woods/brush. Learn about camouflaging yourself, which colors (and levels of brightness) are most likely to blend in to that specific area at that specific time of the year (and, possibly, that specific climate - a dry or wet spell might change the colors/growth/etc. of the vegetation you're trying to look like). Learn how to break up your outline so that you don't have a "human" shape. Learn not to smell like a person! There's more to that than merely leaving the cigarettes at home if you smoke (actually, non-smokers can smell cigarette smokers from a distance, even if they haven't smoked since they last showered and changed clothing - so if you smoke, stop now). Learn how to pass through without leaving footprints, without crushing the things you must pass, without breaking branches/stems. And on and on. It is important to not only not be seen/heard/smelled during the time that you are in there - you need to be able to not leave any signs that you have been there, or passed through on your way from here to there. If you are a hunter, put yourself in position of the prey (because that's what you're doing). If not, it would be a good idea to take a class on hunting, because you will learn a few useful skills that you can practice. Learn to track, because then you'll be learning how to not be (easily) tracked by others. Etc, etc., etc.

The first thing anyone will see is my vehicle. If someone does come along it will be down a dead end dirt road which is the only way in and out of the location. Since the plants will only be 200-300 metres away from my parked vehicle I'll be able to hear any other vehicles arriving. I can't hide the vehicle.

By the way, you'll probably be doing a lot of shovel work. Think on how you can hide this - both carrying in one or more digging implements, where to hide them during the - probably - extended time that you'll be doing the soil prep work - how to get them out without notice, and how to hide the fact that you are digging substantial holes where you are likely not expected to be digging at all. Pine trees tend to acidify the soil that they are growing in/near, so you'll want to do a slurry test for pH at each plant location to see how much lime you'll need to add to bring it up. It's good that you're planning this adventure well beforehand, because different types of lime work at different rates - and waiting until the last minute and throwing in the quickest-acting form of it is not the best way to go. Plus, 50-pound bags (you may end up needing quite a bit, assuming you're growing more than just a few plants and/or if the soil is very acidic) of lime are heavy when you have to take a long, meandering, clandestine route to your planting sites... ducking, duck-walking, weaving, and high-stepping. So multiple trips. Plus the same for whatever else you need in order to turn "it's okay to keep pine trees alive" stuff into cannabis-nurturing super soil. But you probably won't feel like digging a 3'x3'x3' hole all in one go anyway - and you won't be able to dig a dozen in one visit unless you stay for the weekend and, perhaps, have really excellent night vision

All good points. I'll have to dig some holes, approximately 8 holes. And that will take some time. I wasn't even sure how big the holes had to be but I guess it's 3 square feet as you pointed out. I'm sure I can dig 8 holes in a total of 4 hours.

Oh, while I'm thinking about it, pine trees are evergreens - but they still drop needles. A lot of pine trees are allelopathic. What this means is that the needles they shed contain an acid that slowly leaches into the ground to make the soil (more) acidic. This is a great thing for those pine trees, because it prevents other species of plants from growing under and immediately beside them. For cannabis plants and the budding guerilla grower... not so much. So be sure to remove all pine needles from the immediate vicinity of your planting sites, otherwise they'll continue to acidify the soil that you spent the time/effort/money adjusting to be more compatible with cannabis plants. And that's something that you'll want to check for and deal with each time you visit your plants.
It's a common myth that pine needles make soil more acidic. Pine needles don't change the pH level of the soil. At least all sources I've checked call it a myth. I'll buy a pH tester to double check.

Is this a large area, like 100 acres or greater? If so, using something like Google Earth might be helpful. For searching for little natural clearings (if any exist in your chosen area). For finding any small water sources that you might not already be aware of. Possibly even for getting hints about where the water table is close to the surface. Finding and gaining access to a reliable source of water near your plants' locations will be very helpful. One liter of water weighs about one kilogram - and you're going to need a lot of them :rofl: .

It is a larger area but has no natural water sources. My vehicle will only be 200-300 metres away from the plants so that's my walking distance carrying water.

The property is owned by a forestry company.

Oh. I don't think we're supposed to offer help to people who are growing cannabis on other people's property without their knowledge.

It's a common myth that pine needles make soil more acidic. Pine needles don't change the pH level of the soil. At least all sources I've checked call it a myth. I'll buy a pH tester to double check.

It appears to only be certain species of evergreens. (North American) red and white pines, for example. And maybe it's not the needles. I've read that black walnut trees also use a form of allelopathy, as do several other plant species. To be honest, there was a bit of assumption about the actual mechanism (and the percentage of pine tree varieties that have the characteristic, I am now learning).

Good point about establishing a persona. Got to be acting right
Yeah,don’t eat mushrooms and go check on your garden! Start freaking out about what your going to say when you talk to the park ranger. “ im birdwatching” he says. Lol. I guess the answer to this really depends on the types of activity’s-jobs. That’s it! Act like it’s your job and.get you some papers you can show someone that says the work your doing or whatever. “Im taking core samples to test for precious metals, what are you doing?” That’s what you need to say! And you could have shovels and some equipment you will need. Hope that helps you some! Oh bro use some extra hearty strains. A lot of a bunch. A million clones! Lol

The property is owned by a forestry company. Unfortunately volunteer work isn't done on forestry land.

The first thing anyone will see is my vehicle. If someone does come along it will be down a dead end dirt road which is the only way in and out of the location. Since the plants will only be 200-300 metres away from my parked vehicle I'll be able to hear any other vehicles arriving. I can't hide the vehicle.

All good points. I'll have to dig some holes, approximately 8 holes. And that will take some time. I wasn't even sure how big the holes had to be but I guess it's 3 square feet as you pointed out. I'm sure I can dig 8 holes in a total of 4 hours.

It is a larger area but has no natural water sources. My vehicle will only be 200-300 metres away from the plants so that's my walking distance carrying water.
Your going to need a lot of water bro. Got to find a creek or something.

No, It just stared at me til I moved and barked at it. Bro, wild animals will jack you up! You are kinda twisted huh brother?

No, just grew up in a rough neighborhood (and managed to hold my own ;) ). Those weenie big city loan sharks don't hold a candle to the hillbilly version. And the real tough guys scare the willies out of them.

Have you tried other meds?

More than you could probably name without a good reference text or Internet search engine, lol. But that's a discussion that I won't enter into on this forum.

Yeah dude. Maybe stick to the spare bedroom or closet maybe backyard. You aren’t even going to want to deal with watering outdoor trees with a bucket of water. A 5 gal bucket is good for what? 4-10 smaller plants or 1-3 big ones. You want to set up pump in a creek Or something. Idk it sounds sketchy bro. I know they sell burlap bags to hide your plants up in trees sounds like a pain tho. Good luck. It’s about to snow to bro bro. Lol

grow a beard and tell anyone you come across in the woods you're homeless. ask for change and cigarettes. they won't come near again.

Back
Top Bottom