What's In Jim's Grow Room?

Can't you just smell them? The BCP is pretty distinct.
I did think about this and buried my nose in BCP #2 and it smelled like BCP. Somehow I don't remember if I did the same for BCP #1.

But I will say that I'm not sure if they are the same. Remind me again tomorrow and I'll check.

So the girls in the bloom room got a top dressing of Langbeinite this morning and I distributed almost 2 gallons of whatever was remaining from the previous watering and some fresh tea made with Superthrive.

Before I did that though I made sure to sniff closely the two Black Cherry Punches that I suspected some difference. I still believe there's a bit of difference in the plants but it's not in the smell created by them. It's the same stink emanating from those two so I'm no longer very concerned that I screwed the labeling.

The amount of Langbeinite used was less than 1/4 tsp per 2 gallon pot. The girls are looking better today although all of the damaged leaves from earlier screw ups will surely drop off between now and harvest.

Glad they're both BCP, I hate growing a plant I'm not sure of.
I have a small container of "unknown" seeds. I know they're all good quality strains but they're drops or seeds I find laying somewhere. I know what I'm pretty sure they could probably be maybe. But I'd rather give some of them to someone who has no seeds. Certain situations though and I'll give some a go. For instance right now I have a Black Cherry Punch plant growing that I reversed to make some S1 seeds. She is segregated in a tent of her own. I also have a Jellium that I reversed to make S1 Jellium seeds. I took just a little pollen from the Jellium plant and dusted one very small bud on the BCP plant. I'm sure there are going to be a few seeds on that plant other then on that small bud that will be a cross between the Jellium and BCP. I would grow those seeds.

While one of my primary goals with this grow was to pollinate the Pakistan Valley, when I got some pollen from a fellow grower I dusted a Jellium and a Black Cherry Punch. I'm not certain at this point if any of it worked but I remain hopeful. I looked at PV closely this morning at most of the pollinated flowers and saw what looked like dying and receding pistils but didn't see any seed formation. I realize that they have only five and one-half weeks in flower and there's plenty of time. Many of the pollinated branches are low on the plant and might have to be harvested later anyway. We shall see.

Plants got a 2 Tablespoon Budswel tea this morning. That's the actually top end of any of the soup that I've ever fed. They all look pretty good and I got some shots from one each of the BCP and the Jellium along with the lone PV. Some of the trichomes are elongated and turning from clear to milky. Don't you just love it when that happens? A few more weeks and we can have at least a partial harvest. Just more work and I'll have to find some jars.

Enjoy....Stay medicated. :bongrip:

very pretty girls jim I sure hope your pollination took im still waiting confirmation will be in 3 weeks that's when I dig into them good luck bud! :)
I'm thinking we probably pollinated flowers around the same time and with plants about the same age and with the same pollen. Thank you again. o_O

I'll look in my written journal and see exactly when that was.

November 25 - I hit mine for the first time
November 26 - I hit them again
December 7 - I dusted them one last time really good

I'm thinking we probably pollinated flowers around the same time and with plants about the same age and with the same pollen. Thank you again. o_O

I'll look in my written journal and see exactly when that was.

November 25 - I hit mine for the first time
November 26 - I hit them again
December 7 - I dusted them one last time really good
rite back at ya bud:) will keep our fingers crossed my first dusting was 12/1 and I dusted them again about a week later so were pretty close will no in a few weeks for sure! :)

First off @MagicJim that is the healthiest and happiest looking girls I've seen you grow since I've known you. Whatever you're doing keep it up.

With regard to the seed making. I am no expert but I look at 5-6 weeks post pollination as my starting point for mature seeds. Usually by week 3 post pollination you should see seed filled calyxes. About week 5 I'll pluck one single seed to check on its level of maturity.

What determines maturity, shell hardness? Color?
The seed will actually be enclosed in a soft covering and if the seed expands enough the color can be seen without removing that soft cover.

Color will determine maturity. Dark is good. Light is not so good but might be viable.

First off @MagicJim that is the healthiest and happiest looking girls I've seen you grow since I've known you. Whatever you're doing keep it up.

With regard to the seed making. I am no expert but I look at 5-6 weeks post pollination as my starting point for mature seeds. Usually by week 3 post pollination you should see seed filled calyxes. About week 5 I'll pluck one single seed to check on its level of maturity.
I start looking at week 5 to I no some guys say 4 weeks but 5 is better imo to!

What determines maturity, shell hardness? Color?
Shell hardness yes, but the color of the seed as well. You're obviously looking for seeds that are no longer green. A good sign the seeds are really ready is when there is almost no resistance from the umbilical when you pull it off the plant. And finally the calyx on a mature seed slips off really easily. Just sort of squeeze it and the seed pops out.

Donald Trump was impeached last night and I decided to trim my clones. I noticed earlier this week that the cobs had been turned down to about 20% of their potential. Sheesh. Anyway, I seem to always allow them to just get out of hand and a bit unruly. So without much of a plan I just cut away at each of them and I'll show you the before and after photos.

I'm fairly certain these cuts rooted in mid to late November but probably have dates somewhere.

Some of the photographs aren't good but it's what I had.

I took some pictures with my phone this morning so I might as well share them.

Blooming Tent

Clones One day after I trimmed them

Back
Top Bottom