What's this?

Cannoisseuras

420-magazine-mobile1095173324.jpg
420-magazine-mobile146893542.jpg

Whats this?
Im 21 days into flower and some of the older fan leafs are starting to do this....is this a deficiency or is this the natural process of the plant using its nitrogen reserves

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

What's this

Feeding once a week im on week 7 of general hydros flora series go box they are due to eat any day im just waiting for the pot to feel a little lighter

GenHydro needs to be fed every day. It's a hydroponic nutrient, made to be fed regularly via an inert medium. What you've got, is lack of nutrients causing plant starvation.
(Edit) Feed them every day, drain to waste. Period. For three days, then feed every day not drenching the soil, at 6.0-6.2ph

**They don't need extra amendments, they need food.
You know there's a recommended feeding schedule, right? That's not for water, it's for plant health. Get your temps at 80°f for a week or so, it'll accelerate nutrient uptake while the plants recover.

"The world is still a weird place, despite my efforts to make clear and perfect sense of it." -Hunter S. Thompson

If you feed every day without giving time for the soil to dry wouldnt that cause root rot or other issues....fungas gnats etc

As long as your medium is oxygenated and has good drainage, you're all set. Growing in un-amended medium is growing *hydroponically* by definition.
If your medium is crappy, muddy dreck like cheap potting soil then nutrition is only one concern- You'll have issues like root rot or gnats from the crap soil. If you're in coco, rock wool, etc. feeding daily is an absolute.

-Doc

"The world is still a weird place, despite my efforts to make clear and perfect sense of it." -Hunter S. Thompson

Cult, I was saying feed to runoff to get his nutrition straight right now, not permanently. Ugh. I need to edit that lol

"The world is still a weird place, despite my efforts to make clear and perfect sense of it." -Thompson

What's this

Daily feeding? No! The soil already has nutrients in it, and you'll kill them doing that.
It's natural what they're doing.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

What's this

I just read in this forum to not even use nutes once a week. Hard for me to believe you should use them daily. I hope more comment. Cause. I don't believe what you're saying but I am also open minded. And I mean no disrespect.

What's this

For one you're going to get salt buildup fast and lockout nutrients. The right way to give nutes to soil is water with plain water first. Then give nutes. So I don't see how the soil will dry out daily.

Ive grown tens of thousands of plants. You dont have to believe. It does matter what soil it is and i would never recommend that for a super soil. But an out of the bag soil with nothing added will use its nutes up quite quickly once its established. If you keep the ec low and feed often it will be fine, infact it will flourish. You could also go feed feed water repeat to prevent salt build up.

A quality soil wont need any added nutes at all.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Are you talking like half a quart a day? I want to believe if it's true. I wanna see more people comment and agree or disagree.

It depends on the size of the plant and the pot. You have to gauge it. Enough so its dry the next day.

Theres more than one way to get the job done but this works. Again if its a strong super soil dont do this. Im talking about out of the bag generic basic soil.

I dont say anything as fact if ive never done it myself more than once.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Are you talking like half a quart a day? I want to believe if it's true. I wanna see more people comment and agree or disagree.

I'm trying the watering method in coco. It's not really as easy as it sounds. I think there is more to it but also I complicate things.

I'm new to it but so far it seems like they are on to something.

I have been trying it and I think it offers more control than if I were watering once a week.

With me I'm in a colder climate. Also the amount of fresh air I bring in isn't as much as it could be because it needs to be heated more. For me in these conditions i might need to water different amount (less)than someone in hotter condition with more airflow and evaporation. This seems true at first, but once the plants roots have started to fill the container it's in its drinking like crazy. I think it would be easy to over do it on the perlite in the beginning and have to water too often once plant developed in container. It would be dependent on how long I was planning to leave plant in that pot.

There seems to be 50 ways to do things to plants so this isn't the only watering method but it caught my eye and I'll be trying it before I dismiss the idea.

If i get it working good I hope automation will fit in nicely.

Someone mentioned it might cause pests. Well when they say water enough that it dries in about 24 hours. If it's not soggy medium all the time and does dry between waterings somewhat I don't see it too likely. I was worried about it too. Wet coco sitting around 70 degrees sounds like a breeding spot for bugs and shit but the drying slightly daily I think is key.

That's my take on it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Daily feeding? No! The soil already has nutrients in it, and you'll kill them doing that.
It's natural what they're doing.

Um, he's not growing in amended soil, and he's using General Hydroponics nutrients. And no, it's not "natural", what they're doing, being fed hydroponics nutes only 1x/week is a friggin' disaster.

"The world is still a weird place, despite my efforts to make clear and perfect sense of it." -Thompson

Back
Top Bottom