What's causing this

Hey guys I'm finding myself in a pickle with this fussy plant . The leaf is showing some sort of deficiency whatever it might be nitrogen , iron , sulfar or mag .

The plant is still young and I've been feeding at early veg according to my chart.

My tent temp is 20 with a RH of 55 to 60

I'm in promix HP

Any help on what's going on ?
PXL_20230105_021641630.jpg
Screenshot_20221209-133020.png

There's very little magnesium in that brand of grow nutes:

Guaranteed Analysis
Grow A (3-0-0)
Total Nitrogen (N)…………………………….3.0%
0.5% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
2.0% Nitrate Nitrogen
0.5% Urea Nitrogen
Calcium (Ca)……………………………….2.0%
Boron (B)………………………………….0.02 %
Cobalt (Co)…………………………….0.0005%
Copper (Cu)………………………………0.005%
Iron (Fe)………………………………………0.1%
Manganese (Mn)…………………………0.04%
Molybdenum (Mo)…………………….0.002%
Sodium (Na)…………………………………0.1%
Zinc (Zn)……………………………………..0.02%
Derived from calcium nitrate, ammonium nitrate, urea, cobalt nitrate, iron EDTA, sodium borate, sodium molybdate, copper EDTA, manganese EDTA, and zinc EDTA.

Grow B (2-2-5)
Total Nitrogen (N)……………………..2.0 %
0.3% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
1.7% Nitrate Nitrogen
Available phosphate (K2O5)………..2.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O)………………….5.0%
Magnesium (Mg)………………………..0.5 %
Sulfur (S)………………………………….. 0.5%
Derived from potassium nitrate, monopotassium phosphate, magnesium nitrate, ammonium nitrate, and magnesium sulfate.

I'd find a 2-0-0 calmag like botanicare and see if that helps, or you could try a 0-0-0 mix like TPS.

There's very little magnesium in that brand of grow nutes:

Guaranteed Analysis
Grow A (3-0-0)
Total Nitrogen (N)…………………………….3.0%
0.5% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
2.0% Nitrate Nitrogen
0.5% Urea Nitrogen
Calcium (Ca)……………………………….2.0%
Boron (B)………………………………….0.02 %
Cobalt (Co)…………………………….0.0005%
Copper (Cu)………………………………0.005%
Iron (Fe)………………………………………0.1%
Manganese (Mn)…………………………0.04%
Molybdenum (Mo)…………………….0.002%
Sodium (Na)…………………………………0.1%
Zinc (Zn)……………………………………..0.02%
Derived from calcium nitrate, ammonium nitrate, urea, cobalt nitrate, iron EDTA, sodium borate, sodium molybdate, copper EDTA, manganese EDTA, and zinc EDTA.

Grow B (2-2-5)
Total Nitrogen (N)……………………..2.0 %
0.3% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
1.7% Nitrate Nitrogen
Available phosphate (K2O5)………..2.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O)………………….5.0%
Magnesium (Mg)………………………..0.5 %
Sulfur (S)………………………………….. 0.5%
Derived from potassium nitrate, monopotassium phosphate, magnesium nitrate, ammonium nitrate, and magnesium sulfate.

I'd find a 2-0-0 calmag like botanicare and see if that helps, or you could try a 0-0-0 mix like TPS.
Could he use Epsom Salt ?

Hey guys I'm finding myself in a pickle with this fussy plant . The leaf is showing some sort of deficiency whatever it might be nitrogen , iron , sulfar or mag .

The plant is still young and I've been feeding at early veg according to my chart.

My tent temp is 20 with a RH of 55 to 60

I'm in promix HP

Any help on what's going on ?
PXL_20230105_021641630.jpg
Screenshot_20221209-133020.png
Promix hp is a soilless medium.
When I ran it I fed full strength nutrients, next day water, feed , water, feed, water...
All at 5.8 ph to run off every day.
I ran it like coco just alternated water between feedings.
With calmag in the water first.
But definitely at 5.8 ph.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Thanks alot guys. I feel like InTheShed hit the nail on the head with a screen shot worthy comment . I might need to find a bottle with some mag for this one fussy plant for that all the other plants seem fine. I never used Epsom salts before Buds Bunny I'll need to educate myself on that . Thanks brother Bill I've been getting the ph good I've just been feeding every water I'm going to have mine hands full with the autos and having plants at different stages of life seems like they all will need a special mixture for every feed ..... Let's just hope I can find some sort of cal mag

Could he use Epsom Salt ?
Oh good idea! Still might need the calcium later though given the low number there.
Promix hp is a soilless medium.
When I ran it I fed full strength nutrients, next day water, feed , water, feed, water...
All at 5.8 ph to run off every day.
I ran it like coco just alternated water between feedings.
With calmag in the water first.
But definitely at 5.8
Promix is a buffered medium and doesn't need pH adjusted water according to the manufacturer. No harm in doing it but I don't think that's the source of the issue here.

Let's just hope I can find some sort of cal mag
I'll be back in a couple of hours and give you some numbers for Epsom salt to add to your mix. It should help for now anyway. Probably a good idea to have some calmag available later though.

Oh good idea! Still might need the calcium later though given the low number there.

Promix is a buffered medium and doesn't need pH adjusted water according to the manufacturer. No harm in doing it but I don't think that's the source of the issue here.

I'll be back in a couple of hours and give you some numbers for Epsom salt to add to your mix. It should help for now anyway. Probably a good idea to have some calmag available later though.
I'll try and grab this product called callnesium after work .... I'll need to water tomorrow I'll post back here if I remember and we will see if it corrects the issue , are you talking just plain Epsom salt

Just knew it wasn't soil so I thought it best practice to set it.
Never had any issues running it that way.
Put calmag in the water first.
Then full strength nutrients lastly set ph to 5.8.
Maby it didn't need set I'm not sure.
But I never had a single issue.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Until you get the calnesium, a full strength veg blend would be:

Grow A: 11.5ml/gal
Grow B: 12ml/gal
Epsom salt: 0.6ml/gal

Once you get the calnesium, you can drop the epsom salt and go with this for full strength veg:

Grow A: 3.5ml/gal
Grow B: 12.4ml/gal
calnesium: 6.3ml/gal

For younger plants you just mix the above and dilute with water to cut the strength. I usually get to full strength by the third week though. How old is yours?

Until you get the calnesium, a full strength veg blend would be:

Grow A: 11.5ml/gal
Grow B: 12ml/gal
Epsom salt: 0.6ml/gal

Once you get the calnesium, you can drop the epsom salt and go with this for full strength veg:

For younger plants you just mix the above and dilute with water to cut the strength. I usually get to full strength by the third week though. How old is yours?
Thanks brother it's 3 weeks . I'll get some callnesium today hopefully , why are your numbers so far off the chart ?

Thanks brother it's 3 weeks . I'll get some callnesium today hopefully ,
Glad to help HF!
why are your numbers so far off the chart ?
Their numbers are in ml/L, so that's part of the reason. But mostly it's because I'm working of a different set of requirements for full veg.

Their recommendation of 1.25ml/L gives you 62-11-52 with Ca at 25 and Mg at 6.25, all of which seem very low to me.

I would be closer to 120-20-135 with Ca at 68 and Mg at 34. I'm trying to get you there without blowing out the ammoniacal nitrogen (which isn't as useful as nitrate) that comes in the Grow A.

Glad to help HF!

Their numbers are in ml/L, so that's part of the reason. But mostly it's because I'm working of a different set of requirements for full veg.

Their recommendation of 1.25ml/L gives you 62-11-52 with Ca at 25 and Mg at 6.25, all of which seem very low to me.

I would be closer to 120-20-135 with Ca at 68 and Mg at 34. I'm trying to get you there without blowing out the ammoniacal nitrogen (which isn't as useful as nitrate) that comes in the Grow A.
I understand that your talking gallons and the chart is Canadian , it's just your number and the chart are still off but it seems low to you , maybe I'll ramp it up to what you suggest ..... I think callnesium is 2.0.0 I don't wanna have nitro threw the roof brother

I understand that your talking gallons and the chart is Canadian , it's just your number and the chart are still off but it seems low to you , maybe I'll ramp it up to what you suggest ..... I think callnesium is 2.0.0 I don't wanna have nitro threw the roof brother
I factored in the calnesium at the 2-0-0 listed on their website, with Ca at 3 and Mg at 1.

If you're more comfortable using manufacturer's numbers that's fine too, but go to full veg with both the A and B as well as whatever calnesium recommends. I didn't look for a feeding chart for that.

I'll do this as a feed if I get the callnesium brother , there chart seems weak to me as well compared to other nutrients let's see if I can get this plant up to snuff it's the only one I got like this , hopefully it doesn't end up being a male

Back
Top Bottom