White Widow grow under 125w CFL

BifterPower

Well hello there homies, long time reader, first time writer. All you guys seem really cool and helpfull so I thought I'd pick the brains of you knowledgable folk. I've read so much but always doubt myself cause i'm such a novice. but as i said i have read a lot and hopefully as my baby grows i can help other fro mthe mistakes i make.

OK so, I started 1st grow just over a week ago with some feminised WW's that I got from the web. think i have problems already with the oldest one. I call her Penelope Spliff Pot. She has 4 main leaves and about 10 small ones so far but the bigger they get the more they curl down inwards towards the stem. dont look right.

I started with 2 more a couple of days later cause i figured i would probably make a balls of the 1st one. suggestions for names are welcome.

I am using a 125w CFL 6500k and 2 crappy 13w CFL's. Growing in a closet by the way so temp is fairly constant(about 74).

Checked and ph is about 6.5. think thats ok. been giving her pure mineral water and have tried not to over do it (about 20mls). only watered twice since germ (1 wk old now). wondering does she maybe need nutes already. the soil says it can sustain growth for up to 5 weeks though. leaves also slightly yellow at tips. maybe its too much stress. Had to move because the missus doesn't approve. meant i changed from 24/0 to 18/6 2 days ago.

If more info needed for diagnosis let me know.

here is pics from about day 3 on.

Penelope
DSC000813.JPG

WW 1 starting day 2
DSC000823.JPG

Poor little miss Spliff Pot, doesn't she look sad. I feel so responsible but helpless
DSC000943.JPG

Grow room if you could call it that
DSC000922.JPG

Very confused
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I enjoy following other grows so I;ll try to keep anyone who is interested up to date. I just got canned so not much else to do. My babies are keeping me sane. God bless the herb. global recession eh!:thanks:

check if the drainage isnt blocked, i had the same trouble and i end up letting the plant drink the whole pot (usually takes 2days or so, jus check on it everynow-and-then make sure the soil aint too wet)

hope that solves it;)

good old wind. I leave the window open. its right beside the closet. vents in the front and out the back. do you think that could be the issue?

it was 4 me until a wise old paddy told me to put a fan on them a few times a day.. let them dance around a little,it works wonders for the stems

Ha Ha, must invest in one i think. it seems the more i know the more i worry. still hopefully a bit of knowledge will reward me in a few months time. I'll give it a go, hopefully it helps.

I'll keep you posted.

From dublin but live in belfast hydroponicat.

So i'm thinking ahead about nutes...
Anyone used or heard of canna bio vega, canna bio flores and canna bio boost? they sound pretty sweet but cost about £100 in total ($170 approx). Are they worth it. i can give product info if needed.

I'm a novice grower as well, so don't take this advice as golden sh*t or anything like that.

Your soil looks pretty dense, you may want to add some perlite or some other material in it to lighten it up and allow more airflow to the roots. The black on the leaves doesn't look great, has that gone away yet?

Once you reach 25 posts you should try contacting Cherma or McBudz, both are experienced growers that have lots of knowledge. Or post in the forums that address growing problems with your questions...they usually cruise around those forums to help new guys like us.

Good luck! Have patience!

Thanks for that man. I'm gonna transplant into bigger pot. found a hydro store that has good sounding soil. Altami Bio Soil. Here's a description....

Growing in lightly fertilised biological soil means growing in 100% natural soil, a well-aired medium without disease organisms. Atami was able to reach an air content in the Bio-soil substrate of 25% without using perlite. The lightly fertilised soil contains starter nutrients to enable plants to immediately begin their exuberant growth. After the successful start, Atami advises to re-fertilise the plants with liquid fertiliser for an optimal result.

Think this will help or is it too late for Penelope?? Have a few more seeds so might just start again. Any advice greatfully recieved.

ok so after a week and a half of growing I have learned some valuable lessons. good ventillation, good drainage, good soil, dont over water. all VERY important. don't follow these instructions and you will probably end up with a dark and shrivilled plant. Take a look at my earlier pics and you will see what i mean. not sure but i felt it was past saving and is now in the bin.

my 2 other babies seemed to cope a little better and have been moved to a 50 litre box using Atami bio soil. good nutes, good drainage and good ventillation. as they say, the proof is in the pudding so we'll see in a couple of days if there is any improvement. fingers crossed.

hope this helps some novices like my.

Peace and good wishes to all.

fan purchased. got a heater fan. circulates the air and keeps temp fairly constant at about 75f. put it in yesterday and re-potted in good soil. already seems to be helping. curling leaves seem to be improving.

Here's some pics...

White widow. a lot better than 24 hours ago. (9 days from germ)
overlay-round.gif

ah crap it keeps converting from jpg to gif. any ideas. is it because too large?:thanks:

Word of advice. Never throw out a plant unless its actually dead, Unless its taking up floor space. Its like chucking a new born child in the trash you just dont do it. You will be surprised at how they can somtimes make a full recovery. Anyways want kind of soil are you useing atm? Dont quote me on this but i read some where that soil with out slow releasing ferts is better for weed. Anyway Ill be keeping an eye on this grow as im doing a simler grow soon.

:thanks:thanks for that Madz. I did feel pretty guilty. the other ww is doing really well now theough.

transplanted to 50lts of Atami Bio Soil Mix. supposed to be excellent. made in ansterdam.

by the way, does anyone know roughly how much i should water her in the 50lts of soil? shes 11 days in the soil now

:popcorn:ok so time for a quick update and some photo's of my one and only baby left, but i'm pretty happy with how she's doing. let me know what all you learned folk think. just watered today by the way. watered about 1.5lts to 50lts of soil. is that enough/too much/too little. doing this every 3 days. think i'll start the nutes (biocanna vega) on wednesday. she's 13 days old today.

lets see what you make of her....
rsz_penelope_et_al_019.jpg

rsz_penelope_et_al_015.jpg

day_13_1.jpg

:thanks:

I am seeing signs of maybe over watering. I think 1.5 liters is an awful lot for a plant that size. Other than that they look very healthy. I'd cut back on the water though.

Back
Top Bottom