White Widow grow under 125w CFL

thank you thank you thank you! how much do you think then Ms. Fox? Maybe half that?
its just that there's so much soil. when watering do you go by the size/age of the plant rather than amount of soil?:thanks:

I am seeing signs of maybe over watering
Dittos, The leaves curling under on the edges, and the slight burnt tips are tell take signs. There is no set amount when watering. it takes some time to discover what your plants can live with and without, and for how long.
I am concerned as there is only one plant now, and is it or has it shown its sex yet. I see no signs of it. May I suggest starting a few more seeds in case the Miss is a Mr.
Contingencies are a must and it is better to be prepared and have some back up in the wings.

again thanks. this is all good stuff. feel honoured to speaking to the great Cherma. hadn't really expected to see sex yet(only 13 days in total including 2 days germinating). Should i be seeing somthing. I got the seeds feminised so should be a miss unless i stressed her too much.:grinjoint:

Yes, I water for the size of the plant rather than soil amount. I'd cut it down to about 1/2 liter per plant for now. If you still see the leaves drooping, you know you are still watering too much.

:thanks:gonna sound like complete novice but can someone tell me by looking at the below photo's are they bud sites at the internode sites and should i be looking for sex there??

or are they new nodes forming?

penelope_et_al_022.jpg

ok so cherma has got me thinking of the miss/mr issue. bought as feminised seeds so should be a miss right? not seeing any signs yet but suppose could be just me. here's some pics from today 14 days above soil now. what do you guys think? I'd love some input. its all good stuff. thanking all you kind folk in advance!!

ps. the pics arn't great. had to use crappy phone camera.
penelope_et_al_030.jpg

penelope_et_al_029.jpg

penelope_et_al_028.jpg

penelope_et_al_027.jpg

penelope_et_al_026.jpg

pps. thinking about nutes for first time on wed or thurs. again what you think??

dudes and dudets, you rock:thanks:

another question then. thinking of beginning LST but never done it before. only have one plant so want yield to be good but dont wanna kill it either. Its a dilly of a pickle.

come on guys, hit me with some advice to that and anything else i have asked. need someone to tell me i'm not totally messing everything up.

Already thinking of next grow and how much better it will be.

by the way. I have another 125 cfl that i'm not using yet cause its a red spectrum about 2700 lumens. think i should hook it up too or wait till flowering and change from blue to red?????????????

know what i mean?

The soil you are using already contains some starter fertilizers in it. I would wait another week to add nutes. Only because you have a greater chance of nute burn. ;-) I think you could probably add that other light in, as long as you have the mix of red and blue.

What light schedule are you on?

You won't see the sex of the plant until they are mature or when you flower them. ;-)

I have never lst'd before. Here's a thread by Harry Red - Harry's 2nd Grow - LST.

ph is about 7 now as well. thought nute would naturally lower that for me.

I would say the fertilizers that are in the soil will lower the ph, too.

time to pick this grow up a notch! I just ordered a 300w dual spectrum CFL to add to my grow. that will make 1 125w red and 1 125 w blue cfls and the 300. hoping 550w mixture will do nicely. when it arrives I'm gonna move to a better grow space and germ another ww and 2 g13 skunk all feminised.

man this is gettin more expensive than i anticipated but my god its addictive.

hopefully by new monday it will be set up. I'll post some pics of my project then.

cross fingers that it doesnt arrive in several pieces. happened once already and no refund god dam it.

ARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See for yourselves
penelope_et_al_033.jpg

penelope_et_al_032.jpg

this poor leaf growth and browning frazzeled look started just before i started LSTing a couple of days ago. Need help PLEEEEEEEASE

checked ph, its ok at 6.5 and havn't given any nutes yet at day 17 so far. temp about 70 and rh average of 50%.

think that might have over watered or maybe i let my baby fly too close to the sun and she burned her wings??

any advice is welcome and needed before I butcher another poor defenceless baby.:thanks::thanks::thanks:

i'm sooo impatient. been trying to make a definative diognosis by trawling through journals but still aint sure.

anybody out there?

ok so 3 days after my probs. sure it was burn issues but my baby is coming back strong. here she is at day 20 i think.the LST seems to be making her nice and bushy

penelope_et_al_035.jpg

penelope_et_al_034.jpg

still got some r&r to do but gave some nutes with water on saturday and she seems to like them. (3ml/500ml) canna bio vega. breaking her in gently.

that sounds a bit wrong doesn't it!!:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom