White Widow Scrog in Coco

Awfully small screen for five plants. I have a feeling that you are going to have massive overgrowth.

I will be watching this one with interest. Always love to see a Scrog.

Last time I did a Scrog, I had two ladies with the same screen. They did well and produced a good amount of bud. I grew a WW on my last grow and took 6 cuttings. Five of them made it. Figured I would try something different.

I have started cutting away fan leaves that are blocking the light from getting thru. That is was I love about flowering clones, they branch out like crazy. Perfect for Scrog.:yummy:

The growth rate has been great. I may be flipping the lights sooner that I had expected. I have been planning this Scrog for sometime. I love a Scrog, playing and talking to my ladies every day. I make them mind by twisting, pinching and bending. And if that don't work, I tie them down.:yikes:

did you clip the bottom leafs or is that just how they are growing?

I have been clipping the leaves up top to allow for better light. As far as below the screen, I am slowly clipping all the leaves away. It can get dark and humid under the screen once it is all filled in. This will allow for better air circulation to keep the humidity down and any mold out. Before long it will look like a spider web of branches under the screen.:ganjamon:

Nothing much to report today. Ladies are doing very well. This is the part that I enjoy the most with a Scrog, bending and twisting to fill the screen. Looks like I have almost filled the screen halfway. Will think about flipping the lights sometime next week or next weekend.

Honestly I would not clip out any of the bottom leaves until right around when you change the light cycle to 12/12.

Mellowman, thanks for stopping by. Shaded growth quickly shrivels and dies, leaving ideal growth mediums for mold. Excess leaves and shoots should be clipped close to the stem, to avoid leaving stumps as mold sites. The space under the screen is dark and humid, and you want as little plant material under there as possible. I will haul out buckets of leaves and excess shoots from a scrog grow, but the plants can take it. Clip away. ;)

Mellowman, thanks for stopping by. Shaded growth quickly shrivels and dies, leaving ideal growth mediums for mold. Excess leaves and shoots should be clipped close to the stem, to avoid leaving stumps as mold sites. The space under the screen is dark and humid, and you want as little plant material under there as possible. I will haul out buckets of leaves and excess shoots from a scrog grow, but the plants can take it. Clip away. ;)

My... trip into darkness... is fast approaching, so I'll make this quick:

Kudos to you for the above. Someone that understands the whole ScroG thing, who can tell that the canopy (triple canopy? Whoops, wrong war lol) shades the undergrowth, and thus removes the bits of said undergrowth that won't be a benefit - but also knows how to tell what is a benefit, and can use their discretion to determine what to slash and what not to...

+REPs. I'd comment more but I'm losing my humanity...

TorturedSoul, thanks for your kind words. This is only the second time that I have done a Scrog. I learned so much from the info on this and other sites. A grower that used to be on this site taught me alot about Scrogs and growing in coco. His name was Fatjoe and he turned me on to who taught him. His name is Mojo. Between the both of them I learned. I made some mistakes, but hell that's how ya learn, but they kept me going in the right direction. With this grow, I am putting all my skill that I have learned and developed. I am hoping for my best yet.

Here are a few pics that I took last night. The ladies are all looking good. Growth is starting to fill the screen. Trying to keep everything at the same level. Spending about an hour a day working the screen and trimming here and there to keep everything going in the direction I want.

DSC00139.JPG

DSC001261.JPG

DSC001272.JPG

DSC001282.JPG

Yeah I understand the whole mold and no light thing. I have just always been told to wait until you switch light cycles to cut out all of the undergrowth. I guess I have just always done it like that and have never thought to do it differently. I switch my light cycle though a lot earlier when the screen is 40% full though so thats probably why I haven't run into any mold problems in the past. Thanks though Ill start trimming them out earlier.

Mellowman164, thanks for you input. That's what I love about growing this plant that we all love.:yummy: Everyone does it just a little bit different than the other, with the hope of having a good harvest. Somethings work, others don't, but it is all a learning experience. I learn something different each and every time that I grow.

Yeah I understand the whole mold and no light thing. I have just always been told to wait until you switch light cycles to cut out all of the undergrowth. I guess I have just always done it like that and have never thought to do it differently. I switch my light cycle though a lot earlier when the screen is 40% full though so thats probably why I haven't run into any mold problems in the past. Thanks though Ill start trimming them out earlier.

I would have to assume it's a question of light penetration. If any of the undergrowth can still get enough light to produce energy then I always left it. But that could (and did) change from week to week.

I would have to assume it's a question of light penetration. If any of the undergrowth can still get enough light to produce energy then I always left it. But that could (and did) change from week to week.

Selective prunning of fan leaves to allow for better light below and above the screen is needed. For me with this grow, I find that I am prunning about every two days. That is normaly the time it has taken the ladies to product additional growth to bring back under the screen and rerout to a new direction.

Working the ladies this way, you get to be a part of the grow by breath, touching, training, and prunning. I can inspect for any weird shit going on like fungus or insects on a regular basis. To work a Scrog ya got to enjoy spending time with the ladies. It's the best therapy going.

I will be flipping the light tomorrow. The screen is about 50% full. The growth is a great thing to watch after the ladies realize it time to make bud. I can't wait to see the crystals forming on these ladies.:ganjamon:

Things are going well with the grow. Flipped the light last Sunday and still working the ladies in the wire. Here are a few pics taken today when the light came on.

DSC001411.JPG

DSC001431.JPG

DSC001421.JPG

Have been cutting back the lower growth that I know will not make it above the screen. Trying to keep it as clean as I can to prevent any shit from happening.

DSC001532.JPG

Hope to see some flowering in a few weeks.:slide:

Back
Top Bottom