White Widow Scrog in Coco

Baremeat

It's been a while since I have done a grow journal. So bare with me as I go along. I scored some White Widow seed from a friend and started 5 beans some time ago. What I got was one female and three males. No big deal, I was hoping for at least 2 females but one was good enough for what I wanted to do. This grow will be dealing with 5 flowering clones that I took from the female. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC000182.JPG

I am using the cabinet that I built about a year ago. I've had good luck with her and a Scrog is the best way for the space that I have. Look at the end of this post to see my entries on the cabinet that I built. As you will see, most everything used is all home made. The internet is such a wonderful place to get information.:yummy:

Using a 400 watt HPS light with a cool tube. The Stanley blower that I use, keeps the temps and humidity in good growing range. Using Botanicare coco with Canna Coco nutes A and B. Concentration of nutes A and B is 1ml/liter. I use the same concentration with my clones without any problems. Will be using PK 13/14 when in flowering. Been feeding once a day while in the veg cabinet. Now that I have moved them into the flowering cabinet they are going to be feed twice a day. This gives me a nice 10-15%/day runoff. I am using a dripper system to feed my ladies. I keep the ph around 5.8. Running the lights on 18/6 until the screen gets about 2/3 full. Then I will go 12/12. Here are a few pics of my ladies and the set-up that I have going on. With any luck I hope to see nothing but snowy buds.

DSC000658.JPG

DSC000663.JPG

DSC000685.JPG

DSC000872.JPG

DSC000924.JPG

DSC000882.JPG

welcome back baremeat.. last u were on ur girls were just about done.. how'd that last harvest work for ya.... and gl on ur next grow man welcome
Omizzle757

welcome back baremeat.. last u were on ur girls were just about done.. how'd that last harvest work for ya.... and gl on ur next grow man welcome
Omizzle757
Thanks Omizzle757, it's good to be back. The grow that you are talking about did well. Was my first time playing in coco. Learned alot and since that time I did another in coco. Both the coco grows were bag seed that I had cloned. This time I am dealing with a known strain, White Widow, and hope all that I learned will give me a grow to be real proud of. :yummy:

Why are the pots so far from the screen?

Good question Bro. Last time I did a Scrog, I had the distance around 10 inches. I increased the distance to 12 inches for this grow. You need the space so you can get you hands under the screen to redirect the bud sites. The object of a Scrog is to place a bud site in each small square on the screen. Last Scrog I had two ladies working the screen. This time I've got 5. The extra distance will be needed.:bong:

Good question Bro. Last time I did a Scrog, I had the distance around 10 inches. I increased the distance to 12 inches for this grow. You need the space so you can get you hands under the screen to redirect the bud sites. The object of a Scrog is to place a bud site in each small square on the screen. Last Scrog I had two ladies working the screen. This time I've got 5. The extra distance will be needed.:bong:

Oh, ok - that space is only 12". My bad, I was guessing at the size of your pot's pots and using that to judge scale. I was assuming that they were three-gallon pots. It looked (to me) like 18"-24". I generally went with 14" myself - but they were big screens lol.

In that case... So what size pots are those?

I really like scrogg growing... I am anxious to see how you are doing. I have an interest in coco and the nutrients used with it.. I'd like to follow along. I really like to see that field or sea Of snow...
Good Luck
o<

Thanks for everyone's comments. I have been planning this grow since I did my last Scrog. It was in coco but only had bag seed clones from the grow before. This time I am using a known strain that should produce some nice buds.:rollit:

TorturedSoul thanks for the questions. Gets the mind going and betters the growing skill. That was one thing that I forgot to mention, was the pot size that I am using. The pots are 2 gal painter bucks that I found at Lowes. Cut some holes in them and they work great. I used them on my last grow to see if I could grow good bud in a small size pot. I found feeding the ladies twice a day and having a 10-15% runoff, they do very well. At the end of the grow there was one hell of a root ball, but the ladies never showed any sign that they were hurting.:grinjoint:

Growing in coco is about the easiest thing that ya can do. Dripper system or hand watered, get the pH right use Canna Coco nutes and watch them grow. Never worry about over watering them, it's next to imposible.:slide:

I'm excited to follow this grow. Looks like you have a solid scrog setup. Lately I have been seeing a lot of grows where they just throw a net over their plants and call it a scrog.
Subscribed.

Thanks for everyone stoping and and checking out this grow. The ladies are doing their thing and growing well. Have started bending and twisting to keep them under the screen. The way they are growing, I hope to switch over the lights in a week or two. While I was playing with the ladies I started cleaning up under the screen. Looks a lot better.:cheer:
DSC001162.JPG

DSC001131.JPG

DSC001174.JPG

Man looks like your screen is filling in nicely. If I where you though I would switch the light over when the screen is 50-60 percent full because once you switch the lights over the plants will double in size. Which might be soon from what I can see from your pics.

:peace:
Man looks like your screen is filling in nicely. If I where you though I would switch the light over when the screen is 50-60 percent full because once you switch the lights over the plants will double in size. Which might be soon from what I can see from your pics.

Awfully small screen for five plants. I have a feeling that you are going to have massive overgrowth.

I will be watching this one with interest. Always love to see a Scrog.

Back
Top Bottom