White Widow seeds in buds - Why

roundstone

Hi
I have growen 8 white widow extra big bud, at 49day flower i found seeds in the bud, i have just harvest another 8 plants and seeds again. anyone tell me why this is happening there are No male plants in the tent. And the hairs had not ever change colour so it is not that i harvert to late.

Thanks

Re: White widow seeds in buds (WHY)

I agree with Ricorico... I had plants herm a little and produce "false seeds", never saw any bananas. Stress, light leak? Were they feminized beans?

Hi
the seeds where feminized, and these seeds in the bud are full seeds here is photo.
100_38354.JPG
in the cup are just some from about 5 side shoots, i am so gutted as i have 20oz in the tent drying full of seeds

Oh man, so sorry to hear/see. To me it looks like they did in fact get pollinated. I have found some immature seeds on plants that hermed on me due to a light leak; I usually find bananas on said plants. Those look like mature seeds, pollen would of had to get to them. I assume there are no "bananas" on them? In addition, I have noticed that feminized seeds are much more sensitive overall. This is my first year with indoor growing and feminized seeds, 35 years of outdoor growing; two totally different worlds.
Again, so sorry to hear/see. I am currently dealing with spider mites in a perpetual grow.

hi
i dont know what you mean by banana? the tent is totally dark with no light getting in. i have 2 tents and this has happened in both tents, i have just put 12 exodus cheese in the other tent with are week 4 flower tomorrow, so we will see if it happeneds to them aswell.

"i have just put 12 exodus cheese in the other tent with are week 4 flower tomorrow, so we will see if it happeneds to them aswell."

If you didn't clean the tent and the room it's in there is a good chance they will get pollenated too.

hi
i dont know what you mean by banana? the tent is totally dark with no light getting in. i have 2 tents and this has happened in both tents, i have just put 12 exodus cheese in the other tent with are week 4 flower tomorrow, so we will see if it happeneds to them aswell.

Let me acknowledge Oldman60, very good point. I was suggesting that if there was no chance of pollen being in the environment then perhaps the seed production is a result of stress/light leak; however, I have never seen fully mature seeds as a result of the aforementioned. Bananas are part of "herming" - self pollination-, the plant will have what looks like a yellow banana(s) and typicall undeveloped seeds (little green ones).

I would ask for a refund on the seeds. WHAT DID THEY CHARGE PER SEED? I'm curious now. It's worth it to pay more to a seed-seller that can be trusted. Who sold you the seeds? I need them on my BLACKLIST to tell my peers to stay away from them.

good luck next round!????????????my BLACKLIST??????????HUH

i have growen 2 lots now in 2 tent and the same has happened both times, i got them from pick and mix seeds in uk, think it was £30 to £40 for 10. my cheese is from the green house seed co, we will see what happened to them, i cleaned the tent out by sweping the old leafs out and cleaning the tray in soapy water, is that all i have to do????

just google "nanners bananas cannabis" click search, then click images at the top, you'll find pics of the (ba)nanners. if u don't want to reveal the seller/cost of those seeds, maybe u will send me a private message? I want to buy some fem-seeds, but now I'm concerned about the seller I find little history/feedback on the seller I found. thank you. here is a pic of my similar "seeds" I found. Ricorico saved me from a major panic attack when he saw these pics. best of luck to you!!

00seed.jpg
00seeds.jpg

Here are 2 photos of my drying bud i didnt see the seeds until i started to trim as they were in and under the bud,
100_38433.JPG
100_38552.JPG
hope you can see are these bananananananananananananas

and here are my 12 exodus cheese week 4 of flower
100_38572.JPG
100_38562.JPG

I use Nirvana, I have had very good luck with germination (99%), I have had some different phenotypes from the same seed pack but this is expected; and can be a pleasant surprise... Overall, I give Nirvana a thumbs up.

The exodus looks great roundstone, nice full canopy, leaves look healthy; good job, they look happy. Nanners are usually hard to find/see, I found mine while looking through a magnifying glass; on the cola. Google search "bananas on my buds" or something like that and you will find lot's of images. Best of luck with your exodus...

"i cleaned the tent out by sweping the old leafs out and cleaning the tray in soapy water, is that all i have to do????"

No. The entire room and tent (every surface) needs to be sprayed with plain water.
Doesn't have to be dripping wet, just a fine mist will do.

Either your plants have produced pollen and you didn't notice or pollen got into the room from an outside source.

hi,

the seeds look fully formed so this would suggest pollen was in the room a good 4 weeks before harvest or their abouts,

now when you harvested you would of noticed male pollen sacs on the buds if it had of gone hermie, you would of noticed small little yellow things poking out the buds as well, this again is a sign it goes hermie, hermie pollen sacs dont produce much pollen so a plant thats gone hermie wont usually turn the whole plant to seed it will just grow seeds where the pollen sac is,

so check at the nods and see if you can find yellow bananas and or sacs that look like male pollen sacs, these would of been falling off the plant at harvest,
if you dont see any signs of male pollen sacs or banana pollen sacs then the plant never went hermie, you either have a grower near you who is crossing plants and pollen has spread to your room through inlets, you can also get pollen in your room if its on your clothes are anyone elses clothes, basically if anyone has been near a grow room or plant thats got a male in pollen then any breeze will put pollen on clothes and when you go near your plants pollen will spread,

as you have got that many seeds it sounds to me like its more likely to be from a male, if you find no signs of hermie pollen sacs such as bananas or male looking pollen sacs at the nodes or sticking out buds then it cant be hermie, if in fact you do find these then well done youve got yourself and endless supply of fem seeds, its a method i use to produce fem seeds, hermie pollen produces fem seeds, its how they make fem seeds,

so double check the buds and check for pollen sacs, if you have any you need to remove them to prevent pollen getting air bourne and spreading to the other plants,

water kills pollen so spraying the whole room down would be the best option, id also mist all my plants to remove any pollen that may all ready be on them as you dont need much from a male to turn a whole room to seed, if a neighbour is growing bud and has a male in a garden or indoor grow then this can spread for a mile or 2 and pollinate anything it comes across,

so id water everything down, spray plants and grow room with water to make the pollen not viable then that should prevent another case of seeded plants, but the main problem is finding out where the pollen came from,

if its not from your own plants then its from another source, a grower nearby, your clothes, friend and familes clothes, cats etc etc, if pollen can stick to it then it can easily be bought near your plants,

a good spay with water would be the best option to prevent it spreading further, but if it the seeds are from hermie pollen then grow them out and all should be fem,

Back
Top Bottom