White Widow Under 4 4' T-12 Fluorescents - Closet

AlteredTuning

I have accquired a flowering White Widow plant from a friend who is moving away, and am currently attempting my first grow.

After reading these forums for years....

In a 5x2x7 closet, I have 1 White Widow under 4 T-12 fluorescent tubes (alternating both spectrums, 2 and 2). Under an extremely low budget, (I know, I know) I used the dull side of aluminum foil for reflectivity. I am currently on day 2, under 12/12, and my first watering/misting was today, around 4 hours into the daylight cycle. I have a small, but quite powerful, office fan for air movement. The thick wall of the opening allows me to hang a heavy comforter in the innermost side, and a flanel bedsheet on the outside that traps air and provides good insulation. My specimen is propped up with two small paintbrushes with bristles removed, and twist ties. I haven't had money to get ph strips, nutrients, a thermometer, nor anything to measure humidity. I also plan on adding a few more cfls when my budget expands. He was using nutrients, the only thing I know is it was fox farms. He was using a 4 tube T-5, but after his sativas took off, the Widow recieved very little light. He told me I'd likely be fine without adding any more for two weeks or so. I think that covers most bases, if I left anything out please remind me.

Re: White Widow under 4 4' T-12 fluorescents-Closet

Also veg was around 7 weeks, flowering around a week now.

In her previous home
IMAG028616.jpg

Lemon Kush on the left, LST; Critical Jack on the right, no LST
IMAG028819.jpg

Closeup on Lemon Kush mmmm!
IMAG028918.jpg

In her previous home
IMAG028616.jpg

IMAG028819.jpg

IMAG028918.jpg

IMAG029618.jpg
move successful!

IMAG029917.jpg
her new room

IMAG031017.jpg
IMAG030113.jpg
IMAG030322.jpg
Now this concerns me....

IMAG030414.jpg
side view, outside of the closet

She received very little light in her previous home, with the T-5s several feet away, to accomodate the Critical Jack which recieved no LST and had grown quite large. My amigo originally postulated that the lightening of the edges was attributed to this, which I now understand is more likely some deficiency in nutrients and/or incorrect pH.

The lights are both in the picture, but are staggered. I didn't have enough string to hang them evenly, so one is high (one close, about 1.5 inches and one farther, about 4 inches.

In her previous home
IMAG028616.jpg

IMAG028819.jpg

IMAG028918.jpg

So what do you think of my lighting setup? Is it enough? Will my plant do well? Is this an emergency? My budget is short, how long can i wait for ph strips? Nutes? Thermometer? Am I choking them by not having constantly incoming air? The curtains are peeled back several time a day. Rough yield? I may be getting the Lemon Kush as well, do I have enough light? Help please!!

subscribed. your plants are both ready for nutrients now. I would start by giving them a 1/4 recommended dose for flowering. i would get a pH test kit, pH down, a syringe to measure with and start adjusting your waters pH now. you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. the more light you can give to your plats and still reasonably cool your grow area the better and the larger harvest usually.

subscribed. your plants are both ready for nutrients now. I would start by giving them a 1/4 recommended dose for flowering. i would get a pH test kit, pH down, a syringe to measure with and start adjusting your waters pH now. you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. the more light you can give to your plats and still reasonably cool your grow area the better and the larger harvest usually.

Yes I know a pH kit is VITAL. I am going to go a week with only water to try and see if its nute burn, and because my pay comes the lol. I will post pictures of progress today, and some questions/pictures about a new supplemental cfl setup I plan on building from an old fixture. Thanks!

How do put a link to my journal in my Sig?

How do put a link to my journal in my Sig?

I hope this helps you put in a link.
Astonr420 - Picture Tutorial For Posting to your Signature
I hope you get those things needed to help you with the grow.Your plant looks all main topper now and I think tieing her over ,LST, would get your lowers going and eventually have more toppers close to light.Cfls should be as close as possible and if you keep raising your light for the stretch the light will be diminished down low.I would tie a string you have to near the top and arch her over with out folding the stem and tie to a hole you make in pot rim or tape it.This should spread growth out instead of all focus at main topper closest to the light.

Thanks so much for the info closetorganic! This is what I'm talking about, the people on here are all so nice and helpful. This individual even took the time out of their day to draw me a pictoral!! I had a similar idea with LST, but wasn't sure. I definitely will now. (Also what is EC? Doesn't that mainly pertain to hydroponics?) I saw an idea where one used pushpins pushed into the edge of the uppermost part of the pot instead of drilling holes. I can't precisely ascertain the reason behind the yellowing/browning tips/edges until pH is established, correct? Will they last a week until I can test it? Also, typical newbie question with probably no clear cut answer, but does anyone think I can pull at least an ounce dry from her?

An update, Now day 5? (possibly day 4 in my posession, forgive my cloudy memory ;) )
IMAG033512.jpg

I started LST with my sticks and twist ties, and elevated the pot on crate. At the highest points the T-12s are ALMOST touching, they do not emit much heat AT ALL but could this be a problem? Will my leaves flatten back out to face up instead of facing sideways?

Also, here is the pH imbalance/nute burn/deficiency, which is not getting better and has in fact gotten worse. What does this look like HELP! I need it to last a week!
IMAG033414.jpg
IMAG033317.jpg
IMAG033212.jpg
IMAG033117.jpg

I'm watering when the soil is dry 2 inches down as well, I think I forgot to include that.

That was a sweet LST way better than my drawing ;)and I think it will increase your yield. The tip should turn up and those starts at nodes will join the party:thumb: The leaves should just level out or you could help em. I have a T5 for veg and if the leaves grow close enough they burn but the other stuff you got is over my exp. EC I think hydro guys use most but we could check our nutrient mixtures before useing too.I<still newbi grower with low budget) have been reuseing my soil indoors all year adding stuff each time I will have to read thru again that one spot on one leaf I would just be checking for more if they come but the upper leaves with the yellow edges and the lower leaves green I will try and see for you and me too what could be needed or locked out but if you knew the soil ph or even ph of water in and coming out could help for figuring out.It would be cool if she just needed food but giving more with ph off can make things worse, My last 2cents is is doesnt seem nute burn to me:peace:

Thanks man tried to rep you for the picture you drew, I don't think I have any rep points though. Soon as I get some you got it though, you were my first friend here. Again thanks so much for the information and I'll continue to keep things updated, brotha.

Right again, closorg. :)
IMAG033715.jpg

A bathroom lighting fixture I scored for free at a yard sale. I dismantled it, got a length of wire, here I am. I am concerned about there being no ground and don't know how to go about attaching an outlet plug. Any ideas? Thanks!
IMAG033815.jpg

Back
Top Bottom