Who is the veteran longest smoker?

I traded a1/2 lb of homegrown once for a 56 Chevy not running in 66.
The best weed back in the day was eather tie sticks or sum great Afghan hash.
MJ has lots of names same as now but weed just about covers it.
Back in the late fifty’s and sixty’s the hippy movement has been keeping it alive. But it’s been around since the beginning of history.
I started growing in junior high, a friend gave me som seeds from a bag he got from his older brother.
The first clebs I knew about was lenie Bruce, Rowen&Marten,the smothers brothers,Cheeh& Chong.
You still got the Chevy ?

I traded a1/2 lb of homegrown once for a 56 Chevy not running in 66.
The best weed back in the day was eather tie sticks or sum great Afghan hash.
MJ has lots of names same as now but weed just about covers it.
Back in the late fifty’s and sixty’s the hippy movement has been keeping it alive. But it’s been around since the beginning of history.
I started growing in junior high, a friend gave me som seeds from a bag he got from his older brother.
The first clebs I knew about was lenie Bruce, Rowen&Marten,the smothers brothers,Cheeh& Chong.

Give you 3/4 pound for the Chevy :yahoo:

Me and a friend got it running we had a 3&1/2 acre tract in my back yard kind of wet in the spring we use to drive it back and fourth since we had no driver licenses ( to young )to go in the street,I got stoned and sunk it in the mud. My dad came home and saw two idiots sitting on the hood we had to climb out the windows, it was stuck in mud half way over the doors. Besides it was only a 56 Chevy with the blue flame 6 under the hood.

Hi, not your longest smoker. Read this thread and it really bought back memories., smoking joints of unknown weed at the drive in. Started in 1975 or so. Im an Aussie, started work in the mines from around 1977, we smoked constantly on the job, no drug tests back then. Travelled frequently to Asia in between jobs for many years. Smoked all sorts of shit all over Asia and imported quite a lot. Nepalese Hash, opiumated hash (the best) and sumatran red (tripping grass) as standouts. Made my own hash and oil from the Sumatran stuff and imported for a while, Thai was pretty good but never matched the Sumatran. Quite small nugs but very resiny and lsd like trippy. India and Nepal were another planet, anything available. I picked up a heroin habit and got over it 2 years later after narrowly avoiding a death penalty which is another story. I realised that opiates were not to be tampered with and have stuck to grass ever since. Stopped smoking after marriage and kids until the 90s. Due to career choice and personal tragedy bad PTSD kicked in but cannot take opiates without risk of relapse, once a smack freak always a smack freak, I will say if you put some rocks in front of me despite all these years i would be hard to resist. As Neil Young says, the needle and the damage done. I have to say, being able to smoke a bit of pot keeps me alive, the sativa keeps me upbeat and the indica for sleep. I still have contacts who have access to the original Sumatran tripping grass landrace and will within the next few years obtain some seeds and attempt to breed it in this country.

Started on my 13th birthday in '96. Smoked a ton of brick weed up until 6 years ago when I headed west..

My wife had never seen brick weed until 5 minutes ago on this very thread. Lucky duck to not know how it feels to wonder if her next bag will smell like Tide.
I remember those days well, used to think it was perfume, but now that I read "Tide" kind of makes more sense

Hi, not your longest smoker. Read this thread and it really bought back memories., smoking joints of unknown weed at the drive in. Started in 1975 or so. Im an Aussie, started work in the mines from around 1977, we smoked constantly on the job, no drug tests back then. Travelled frequently to Asia in between jobs for many years. Smoked all sorts of shit all over Asia and imported quite a lot. Nepalese Hash, opiumated hash (the best) and sumatran red (tripping grass) as standouts. Made my own hash and oil from the Sumatran stuff and imported for a while, Thai was pretty good but never matched the Sumatran. Quite small nugs but very resiny and lsd like trippy. India and Nepal were another planet, anything available. I picked up a heroin habit and got over it 2 years later after narrowly avoiding a death penalty which is another story. I realised that opiates were not to be tampered with and have stuck to grass ever since. Stopped smoking after marriage and kids until the 90s. Due to career choice and personal tragedy bad PTSD kicked in but cannot take opiates without risk of relapse, once a smack freak always a smack freak, I will say if you put some rocks in front of me despite all these years i would be hard to resist. As Neil Young says, the needle and the damage done. I have to say, being able to smoke a bit of pot keeps me alive, the sativa keeps me upbeat and the indica for sleep. I still have contacts who have access to the original Sumatran tripping grass landrace and will within the next few years obtain some seeds and attempt to breed it in this country.

I wonder how many of us have tried other drugs. Probably most. Many years ago, I fell in love with LSD, took 400 caps a year for 30 years. Two caps every two days. It was very cheap then $200 for a 100. Probably one of the neatest drug there is. I came out of it because I was tired of living on another planet. Never took LSD at work though (I was a teacher) but the rest of the time...
Nowadays pot is enough for my tired brain. But like Captain goodvibes said: you put some in front of me and it would be hard to resist.

I wonder how many of us have tried other drugs. Probably most. Many years ago, I fell in love with LSD, took 400 caps a year for 30 years. Two caps every two days. It was very cheap then $200 for a 100. Probably one of the neatest drug there is. I came out of it because I was tired of living on another planet. Never took LSD at work though (I was a teacher) but the rest of the time...
Nowadays pot is enough for my tired brain. But like Captain goodvibes said: you put some in front of me and it would be hard to resist.
Wow, 400 caps a year for 30 years!! mate, Ive had everything but holy cow. I can remember doing a long overnight road trip through the remote north with a few mates while high on LSD, 78 or 79. We could spot an extremely large bright oval shaped light through the bush as we drove, we would have been hundreds of miles from anything or anyone, for miles we observed this light and freaked out thinking it was a ufo. After about an hour we drove through a clearing where there was no bush. It was the moon sitting low in the sky. That was the last time I took LSD, just stopped becoming available.

And that’s the hitch in the giddy up slowpuffer, there going to squeeze the small grower out of biz.
And forcing u to buy what’s offered by the state run dispensary. At least that’s whats happening here in jersey. Our governor wants to make every tax dollar he can,.... so no growing at all
No recreational grows in WA either. They like our 37.5% tax paid at the register. Thank goodness we still have a surviving black market to get the good stuff when my personal grow stash runs out. Luckily personal grows aren't a big worry to the authorities here, they like to put resources into stopping all of the big illegal outdoor sites.

Good ol' San Antonio Mini bricks, used to get 50 pound lot's for 60/lb. Ahh the good ol' days.
Mexican brown !! Complete with seeds and stems !! We used a Prince Albert tobacco can stuffed full, for an ounce. I got mine in San Diego, but I'm sure it was same weed. $100 a kelo in San Diego, or $8 in Tijuana !! I remember 30 kelos would fit inside my 1953 4 door, Buick Roadmaster doors and spare tire. A Z of that weed was $10 in LA . it was so easy, back in the day !!

As for me, I started smoking in 1965. I was in the US Navy then.

I started in 1963 when we bought "matchbox" sized portions of wretched overpriced pot. I picked up the pace (and the quality) of my smoke in the Navy, also 1965, smuggling Singapore bud aboard the ship. While in the Tonkin Gulf we'd take turns going to the fantail in the wee hours for quick hits. I gave it up entirely 30 years ago but recently began using CBD for pain and PTSD.

Had to be sometime in " 73" when a Professional Cowboy moved in next door with a bale of "Rag Weed" I was 13 at the time and very rebellious. After about three weeks Dad walks into the house picks me up by my belt and walks me out, he was a big man. Outside he told me he would rather see a bullet in my head than a joint in my mouth, being a Force Recon. Vietnam era Marine I believed him. Bounce ahead 5 years and after joining the USN, the party was on. I have smoke Thai in Thailand etc. etc. around the Pacific and around the world. I am now in Cali smoking the best bud out there and growing more for the coming year. Ten years ago my father had been diagnosed officially with PTSD ( duh) and his buddies talked him into smoking with them. He called the next day pissed "Why didn't you convince me earlier" I still laugh about that today. He has since passed but he got to smoke some of the best and we shared some together, I should have convinced him earlier.

My first joint was 1966 back when you bought a lid for about $10 if my memory is working. Mostly seeds but we were just happy to have it.

Grew some outdoors in the 70’s and again in 90’s. Then started indoors in 2000 and haven’t looked back. Have vaporizer but mostly still smoke joints kinda old school.

Those Oklahoma laws look real good. Any dispensaries open yet?

When I was in the military in 67 was stationed in Illinois and one weekend I went to Chicago, bought my first Tin. It was a Prince Albert tobacco tin with manicured pot with a few crushed seeds in it, it weighted just under 2 zips and cost $30. Same shit we would get in south Texas for $10, only very few seeds and no stems.
That was the same day I went to a fairly small music venue, It was in an ol warehouse that had like bleacher seating and on the back of the seat on the row in front of you was a small shelf to put your beer. Oh and by the way the band that played that night was Big Brother and the Holding Company featuring Janis Joplin. Will never forget that night!

I can't remember my first joint, but I know it had to be in the Spring of 1974. I was newly divorced and rebellious. I cringe to think I used to walk around with it in my purse; but it was a different time. Oh, and I was 24.

Back
Top Bottom