Why do my leaves look like this?

bobj

All jumbled and bunched up. What's the issue?

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

All jumbled and bunched up. What's the issue?

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG
It appears too be an overwatering issue. But to know for sure We would have to know what media, nutrients, feeding schedule. Upon other pertinent history of your plant.

Otherwise she looks Pretty darn Healthy.. Help us Help you!?

It appears too be an overwatering issue. But to know for sure We would have to know what media, nutrients, feeding schedule. Upon other pertinent history of your plant.

Otherwise she looks Pretty darn Healthy.. Help us Help you!?
I appreciate the optimism, I really do. But let's not pretend that my plants don't look like the second coming of Quasimodo.

I'll take overwatering as a potential cause of my plants' deformity looking issue. My growing specifics are as follows: I'm using OMRI PROMIX herb & veg mix, in 5 gallon grow bags. I'm using PROMIX OMRI granular fertilizer, a tsp. less than the recommended dose. So 4tbsps. of the 4 1/2 tbsp. recommended dose. I was not watering very often, I have since increased that to every few days, 4-8 cups of water. I DID pump in about 2 gallons of water in less than a week's time, but since then, have maintajined watering every three days.

I appreciate the optimism, I really do. But let's not pretend that my plants don't look like the second coming of Quasimodo.

I'll take overwatering as a potential cause of my plants' deformity looking issue. My growing specifics are as follows: I'm using OMRI PROMIX herb & veg mix, in 5 gallon grow bags. I'm using PROMIX OMRI granular fertilizer, a tsp. less than the recommended dose. So 4tbsps. of the 4 1/2 tbsp. recommended dose. I was not watering very often, I have since increased that to every few days, 4-8 cups of water. I DID pump in about 2 gallons of water in less than a week's time, but since then, have maintajined watering every three days.
I'm sorry I have never met or been introduced to this Quasimodo person you speak of.

I am not well versed on the PROMIX Blend method of growing. As that's kinda a Hydro medium if I'm correct?? There are Numerous Exeptional Coco or Hydro media growers on this Fine 420MAG site that would be able to steer you properly. I grow LOS and dry nutes myself :bong: So if ya got a down and dirty question about LOS, than I might really be able to help ya out ;)

3 possibilities…. light intensity, overwatering or pests.

What’s your light type, wattage & spacing?
Need 30/60 X jewelers loupe snip a fan leaf or three and scope both sides for pests or eggs.

suspect overwatering…. not allowing soil to dry out enough between watering sessions. Don’t water a plant based on your schedule, let the plant tell you when it needs water…. It’s ok to let the soil dry out, the plant is not going to die….. when soil dries completely out the plant sends out tiny root hairs to search for water - this is a good thing

1) Lift the pot method… fill same size container with same soil mix except do not add any water. The container of dry soil is used as comparison weight. Now either lift the pot for weight guesstimate or weigh the container of dry soil on digital kitchen scales and note the weight. Now weigh your container with the damaged plant. Compare weight of the 2 containers …. the plant itself weighs nothing the difference is the water weight. Know that a container of dry soil is light as a feather

2) Buy a pack of bamboo skewer sticks, remove one from the pack and start about 1 inch away from outside edge of container and insert the stick into the soil at an angle. You want the pointed end to hit it the center of the container and press it in to make sure it hits bottom. Leave the skewer in the soil for an hour and after that time has elapsed remove the stick. There should be a visible indicator line on the dip stick as to the moisture level inside the container. Compare color and the feel of your used dip stick with an unused skewer straight from the package…. notice how the dip stick removed from the soil feels cool & damp….

a dip stick must hit the bottom of the container. Gravity works so that when top layer of soil is dry - the bottom is still very much wet. Roots need oxygen and can’t find it in continuously wet or damp soil. A plant that size should be able to go 5 to 7 days easily (perhaps longer) with no water added.

3 possibilities…. light intensity, overwatering or pests.

What’s your light type, wattage & spacing?
Need 30/60 X jewelers loupe snip a fan leaf or three and scope both sides for pests or eggs.

suspect overwatering…. not allowing soil to dry out enough between watering sessions. Don’t water a plant based on your schedule, let the plant tell you when it needs water…. It’s ok to let the soil dry out, the plant is not going to die….. when soil dries completely out the plant sends out tiny root hairs to search for water - this is a good thing

1) Lift the pot method… fill same size container with same soil mix except do not add any water. The container of dry soil is used as comparison weight. Now either lift the pot for weight guesstimate or weigh the container of dry soil on digital kitchen scales and note the weight. Now weigh your container with the damaged plant. Compare weight of the 2 containers …. the plant itself weighs nothing the difference is the water weight. Know that a container of dry soil is light as a feather

2) Buy a pack of bamboo skewer sticks, remove one from the pack and start about 1 inch away from outside edge of container and insert the stick into the soil at an angle. You want the pointed end to hit it the center of the container and press it in to make sure it hits bottom. Leave the skewer in the soil for an hour and after that time has elapsed remove the stick. There should be a visible indicator line on the dip stick as to the moisture level inside the container. Compare color and the feel of your used dip stick with an unused skewer straight from the package…. notice how the dip stick removed from the soil feels cool & damp….

a dip stick must hit the bottom of the container. Gravity works so that when top layer of soil is dry - the bottom is still very much wet. Roots need oxygen and can’t find it in continuously wet or damp soil. A plant that size should be able to go 5 to 7 days easily (perhaps longer) with no water added.
Absolute gold

1) Lift the pot method
Yep, just get a feel for the weight of the pot when first watered vs. when getting dry. I do this all the time now to get clues. Sometimes my big plants will droop some, then I know I've missed the watering window a tad... Hey! water us sooner please! Cannabis plants are so forgiving :) My experience is that my little plants need less watering... makes sense. Big plants are sucking up lots of water. Little ones, not so much.

Nutrients. Phosphorous will do some weird stuff to leaves in excess (gigantism, bending). You really can't overwater as long as you allow drainage. They look nice and healthy otherwise just cut back on the feeding a little, or water more.

Back
Top Bottom