Will these fatten?

guerrillabalconygrower

Euphoria Auto, 8 weeks in. Buds don’t seem to be fattening up. Pistils are brown and retracted. Haven’t seen any new pistils for the past week+
Is this normal?

4536680D-F2FD-4CE2-BCA5-E7E3B0B46113.jpeg

1F524B4C-95EE-4D66-A774-AD5080B27967.jpeg

They should fatten up some more. Just an observation, the leaves are very dark green, you might want to cut back on N a little. Too much N during flower will delay flower development and ripening.
It’s organic dry amended soil. No extra Nutes. Haven’t given any nitrogen feed for a good 2-3 weeks now. Only give it an organic bloom booster and seaweed extract every week

I'm no expert, but that plant looks pretty low and bushy. Could you have cropped it too much, too late in its growth cycle?
It’s intentionally kept short/ horizontal using LST since grow space and lighting setup is limited. Pot size is 3 gal. Not aiming for super high yields. Just quality, home grown bud :)
And it’s auto so has never been topped.

They should fatten up some more. Just an observation, the leaves are very dark green, you might want to cut back on N a little. Too much N during flower will delay flower development and ripening.
Help me understand - the “fattening” - is it layers of new pistils growing over the old ones or just the seed pods growing larger with resin? Or something else?

I dont think at this point that lady will fatten up much.
Autos are hit and miss not to much now a days but you still get the odd freak (small or big)
But to me she had a issue early on which stunted her growth.
Lights needed more /watering etc.Guess thats the down side of autos dont get it right this type of thing happens.

Then again might just been dodgy genetics not much you can do at this point.
Sorry :)

if that is the sum total of the light pictured it might not have had enough to drive it. media also looks a bit dense which may have bottled the nutes and triggered it early. i've had that happen before.

was this an indoor/outdoor grow ?

Help me understand - the “fattening” - is it layers of new pistils growing over the old ones or just the seed pods growing larger with resin? Or something else?

the buds are built of calyxes upon calyxes. plant is as big as it's gonna get, but it could fill in a bit better yet.

if that is the sum total of the light pictured it might not have had enough to drive it. media also looks a bit dense which may have bottled the nutes and triggered it early. i've had that happen before.

was this an indoor/outdoor grow ?

the buds are built of calyxes upon calyxes. plant is as big as it's gonna get, but it could fill in a bit better yet.
Have actually pulled down the exposure in the pic. Light is 40W LED each. Plant gets about 700 PPFD at the base. I do admit that the Soil is dense though. It’s a mix of organic potting soil and perlite with dry amendments. Plant uses up water in 2-3 days.

still a good micro grow. a little looser media and bit better light would make a difference on other grows. good experience to grow forward on.

Have actually pulled down the exposure in the pic. Light is 40W LED each. Plant gets about 700 PPFD at the base. I do admit that the Soil is dense though. It’s a mix of organic potting soil and perlite with dry amendments. Plant uses up water in 2-3 days.

3/4 led bulbs at 40 watt cant really compair to a 100 watt panel.
I think if that was the case we would all be using bulbs and saving a few £$.
I do think lighting was your major issue here intensity plays apart to.
It would be a great investment a small 100 watt panel for you i feel.
But if this was your starting point you did a better job then i did many moons ago.
Took me sometime to even get to a harvest.

Happy growing :thumb:

But if this was your starting point you did a better job then i did many moons ago.
Took my sometime to even get to a harvest.

Light panel is not an option for me. Not available locally and imports cost 2x and will attract way too much attention! Mine is a complete DIY setup built from scratch. Light panels will typically produce avg 400-500 PPFD at 12-18” I suppose? That’s what I aimed for using standard LED bulbs.
Since these are LEDs, I can bring the plants very close to the bulbs without bothering about heat stress. This setup gives me 900 PPFD under the bulb and about 600-700 at a radius of about 5 inches around it.

I also think that since the source of light is close and the intensity high, the plant doesn’t have any incentive to grow tall ie reach out for the light, possibly resulting in smaller bushier plants. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do right? Cheers!

Took me sometime to even get to a harvest.

This is another Sativa landrace I’m growing in the same tent. In the wild, these guys grow upto 2 meters tall. Mine is a tiny little petite girl 😁

27E75A6F-A593-4233-A250-BD1DE6744805.jpeg

Im in the uk so i understand about low key.
LED light 100 watt no more than £120 max.
Dont want to spam your thread with pics.
But my last grow OG sky walker under 120 watt of light.
Give me nearly 7 oz check my journal.
But like you said if thats all you got to work with good job i say.
But again the math dont work like that led bulb wise.
Again if that was the case no one would be using panels there would be no need.
I feel you would get better results from cfl or tubing (T5 etc) on a budget.

:)

you're doing better than i did on a cfl grow.

like the cfls, those bulbs aren't really meant to get it all the way. they tend to work best for seedlings and early veg.

a tiny 100w light panel would use less electricity, have a smaller footprint, likely be even stealthier, and produce better.
are you simply worried about the law tracking the purchase ? if so, most mfgrs have a stealth shipping option. i would check that closely.

there's a few lights from the sponsors we could point you to for a board discount if you ever feel like trying.

Im in the uk so i understand about low key.
LED light 100 watt no more than £120 max.
Dont want to spam your thread with pics.
But my last grow OG sky walker under 120 watt of light.
Give me nearly 7 oz check my journal.
But like you said if thats all you got to work with good job i say.
But again the math dont work like that led bulb wise.
Again if that was the case no one would be using panels there would be no need.
I feel you would get better results from cfl or tubing (T5 etc) on a budget.

:)
Oh for sure panels are better than bulbs. But what are panels if not contiguous LED bulbs :p
Panels will give a higher intensity output, hence better PPFD at larger distances over larger areas.

Eg: a panel will give good intensity say avg 500 PPFD over an area of 1’ x 1’ while the distance from plant to panel is 18”.
To achieve the same 500 PPFD, I have to bring the light to as close as 4-5”. And 1 bulb will only cover a diameter of 8-9” at best.

Also, larger distance from plant to panel helps the plant grow towards the light, so taller plants with good internodal space.
With LED bulb, short, bushy and very tight internodes.

With panels you also have the option of a mix of red and blue diodes. With bulb, you rely on mimicking warm/ cool daylight so only 6500K temp bulbs are usable.

Panels the clear winner. But we guerrilla all the way 😂😂😂

Next grow I’ll think about a complete outdoors window grow. Let’s see how that pans out. Summer is just around the corner!

like the cfls, those bulbs aren't really meant to get it all the way. they tend to work best for seedlings and early veg.

a tiny 100w light panel would use less electricity, have a smaller footprint, likely be even stealthier, and produce better.
are you simply worried about the law tracking the purchase ? if so, most mfgrs have a stealth shipping option. i would check that closely.

there's a few lights from the sponsors we could point you to for a board discount if you ever feel like trying.
Would not be my first choice CFL but with 4/5 i have seen great results tbh.
Dont really need to do much searching to see.But again the draw on power
those would need an led would pay for it self over a year or two.

Honestly, just didn’t want to invest till I got the basics right. (I killed a couple due to overwatering, heavily stunted another 2, lost 4 to rodents etc etc.) The bulb setup costs me $ 50 total.

Oh for sure panels are better than bulbs. But what are panels if not contiguous LED bulbs :p
Panels will give a higher intensity output, hence better PPFD at larger distances over larger areas.

Eg: a panel will give good intensity say avg 500 PPFD over an area of 1’ x 1’ while the distance from plant to panel is 18”.
To achieve the same 500 PPFD, I have to bring the light to as close as 4-5”. And 1 bulb will only cover a diameter of 8-9” at best.

Also, larger distance from plant to panel helps the plant grow towards the light, so taller plants with good internodal space.
With LED bulb, short, bushy and very tight internodes.

With panels you also have the option of a mix of red and blue diodes. With bulb, you rely on mimicking warm/ cool daylight so only 6500K temp bulbs are usable.

Panels the clear winner. But we guerrilla all the way 😂😂😂

Next grow I’ll think about a complete outdoors window grow. Let’s see how that pans out. Summer is just around the corner!
I hear you friend.:Namaste:
But for those cold winters a nice small grow in a wardrobe with a nice light would tide you over.:cheer:

;)Also the P100 in the US right now 79.99 with the discount users here get 10%?
Around $72 not much in it tbh mate.Assuming your in the USA that is.

Back
Top Bottom