Woodsman Outdoors

Well, I have to add I was 20 and the Chaplin would give us "No Sweat Pills" before we went into Bangkok . Besides that Thai whiskey would kill any thing known to man. Up in the jungle was a different story, just suffer till you got back! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Hello my friends! so sorry for being away for so long. Wife and I are dealing with major issues right now that deserved my full attention. Very distressing time for us and as such, found it difficult to 'communicate' with you all through it. Still working on things here, but will try to be around more often now.

I am amazed that with all my recent absenteeism I'm still getting votes for MOM! You are all something else! I feel terrible that I've not been with you all.

:peace:

Woodsman,

I really hope that everything works out. I know that life throws a curve at you sometimes. I know you are a strong person, and will prevail.

I do miss your subtle humor though! We will still be here when you can find the time!

Aghh! Could someone tell me which key it is (on a laptop) that I inadvertently touch, that makes everything disappear from my post before I'm able to submit it?

Woodsman,

I really hope that everything works out. I know that life throws a curve at you sometimes. I know you are a strong person, and will prevail.

I do miss your subtle humor though! We will still be here when you can find the time!

So sorry Woodsman, hate to hear that you have a real life, with real problems. Can't we just keep pretending about stuff... Hey look, I'm wearing paint on g string again.

Take care and hope things get straightened out soon.

No worries, we all have a life beyond 420, but glad to have you back. Hope all is well.

Been missing your humorous rantings~~ Sisco is getting desperate I think, a painted G string.... or is that a painted on G string????

Sorry to hear about the troubles......it will work out....I'm sure.

Missed you Bro :grinjoint:

Hang in there buddy. How's the back doing?

nice job woodsman, great smoke reports aswell very descriptive :) Keep up the good work :)

Thank you Basementdwell, nice of you to say that.

I really appreciate the concern folks (you are all the greatest) , we're just needing to find some work (priority #1) and occasionally we let the weight of the situation effect us. 'Think positive' is what we say to each other a lot! I'm widening my search area to include areas around my brother's place. I would stay there during the work week and come home on weekends. Higher wages in his area and perhaps a better ratio of applications received for every 1 job opening.

On lighter note! I'm enjoying the fruits of my last grow (and still some of the previous one).

The Runt, a NL#5 regeneration that was picked slightly early at mostly cloudy with just a speckle of amber is my favorite everyday smoke, (though I try not to smoke it everyday !!) It is an "uplifting" and very potent high and has helped through these rather rough times.

Just smoked some of my 1B bagweed that is also a very 'uplifting' smoke. Nice, makes you talk more than normal and gives me quite a bit of energy.

Another of the day smokes is the Mazar, even though it is a mostly indica F1 (Afghani X Skunk #1). Again like many of my late harvest plants, she was taken down a tab to early at mostly cloudy with very few amber. Seems that by bringing the plants inside to finish (mid Oct -mid Nov) with the almost nightly freezing temps, caused the aging process to slow down. They were already showing signs of this when I kept them outside (with heater and tent). Everything just started to slow down, plants turned to beautiful shades of purple and went into slooooooooow mode!

What I was left with were some fairly speedy mostly indica hybrids. The Runt (NL), Mazar, and the three bagweeds (1A, 1B, and #2). None of these looked very 'pure indica like' during their growth, definitely hybrids and perhaps closer to 50/50 ratio of indica/sativa traits.

The Bubba Kush was the only indica looking plant I guess and is my favorite late evening, TV or before bedtime smoke. It has an excellent taste and smell - very pungent, sour aroma - and the high, more of an indica one that is nice and strong though because it too was picked a tad early is not so 'couch lock' as perhaps it would have been had I waited another several months for it to 'ripen'!!!LOL Slowed waaaaay down after the cold weather and bringing it inside. There were a few amber tricks, like 5 to 10% max.

I have attempted the 1A and #2 bagweeds a few times even though they are way too strong for me (in my present emotional state! LOL). As I've mentioned earlier, both of those smokes (includes their water cured versions also) are very potent and seem to put me into that semi comatose or narcotic stupor state that allows all the negative thoughts and paranoia's to infiltrate into the forefront and like a 'bad trip', is not looked forward too. When my mind is in a better state (when I find a job). 1A and #2 will be my favorites. They are what I dreamed of 'producing'! Uplifting and intense, long lasting and like an L*D trip not easy to just 'turn it off'. Like when someone knocks on your door when your not expecting anyone....you look like this..:Rasta:. With normal stuff, I can almost turn the high off . With the two bagweeds (and to a slightly lesser degree with the other stuff) I don't see it happening, way to stoney. I'd be like freaking out (silently). I would not want to be at the grocery store after smoking a joint of 1A. I'd look like a total zombie, with the red eyes, three quarter closed eye lids and cottonmouth, big time! Total give a way! :Rasta:

The NL #5 is very mild compared to the others and would be perfect for cruising the aisle.

:blunt:

woodsman,
i do the same thing....on the finger pad, im not sure what you hit with your hot little fingers, but, my thumbs hang out over the pad, and eventually delete my messages....to fix. it ....hit the right button on touch pad and click undo....brings it right back....hope this helps....good to see your gnarley self around again.....my willie nelson went totally hermie....hugs, L:yummy:

Hey Woodsman, positive vibes and I really wish I could try that 1A or Bagweed... I love to get all paranoid, sit back with a double espresso and then put in a documentary like "Collapse". :bitingnails:

I hate it when I take the time to do a nice long post, hit enter and it goes to the log in page. :scratchinghead:

Hi Woodsman! :thumb:

Nice to have you back. Good idea, expanding your area of searching for a job. I wish you well and hope you find something good. Being in that situation is hard you both I know. Hang in there, a good cycle is coming your way. Sending good Aloha vibes your way! :surf:

Liked the summary of your smokes. Good stuff! I don't think any one but you would know were high. You look like a non doper too me. :goodluck:

Sorry for the delay in responding, just a tad preoccupied!

woodsman,
i do the same thing....on the finger pad, im not sure what you hit with your hot little fingers, but, my thumbs hang out over the pad, and eventually delete my messages....to fix. it ....hit the right button on touch pad and click undo....brings it right back....hope this helps....good to see your gnarley self around again.....my willie nelson went totally hermie....hugs, L:yummy:

Thank you Thank you Thank you! Lav, you've given me what I want! An easy solution that even I could understand. Thank you my friend!

Hope your feeling better about the robbery business, it could take time. I've never been robbed at gun point myself, but I've had break ins before. All in Chicago as a matter of fact. Never liked city living! One was at a basement rental back in the late '70's (Chicago). Didn't have much for the a**holes to take other than a nicely sanded old fender bass guitar that I was in the process of refinishing. Didn't cost me much because of it's condition, but I had sanded that sucker so smooth...agh!

The other time was when someone tried (in the dead of winter) to steal my old (early '70's) Fiat 124 Sport Coupe. It was sitting for a week or so with a dead battery (couldn't afford a new one - hey I was only 21 or so). Since the thieves couldn't get the thing to start, they ripped up everything in the front. Dash, wiring, seats, etc etc... Looked like a hurricane had blown through. Well that was the end of that car needless to say...

It took years and years to let these memories not effect me. Used to get really mad when I'd think of those times. funny thing is, after my 'home invasion' I bought a Star PD 45 cal Semi Automatic Pistol. From a crook I knew. Wrong Idea! Couldn't have been more than a week later, when I came home and my back door (basement apt) was wide open and the gun was gone! Nothing left to steal, I'm sure it was the guy who sold me the gun.

That really bothered me, more so than the other two instances. I wonder how many time the guy sold that gun?

None of those compare to you being robbed with a loaded gun pointed at you.

Hey Woodsman, positive vibes and I really wish I could try that 1A or Bagweed... I love to get all paranoid, sit back with a double espresso and then put in a documentary like "Collapse". :bitingnails:

I hate it when I take the time to do a nice long post, hit enter and it goes to the log in page. :scratchinghead:

Well my friend 1A and #2 would do the trick for you. You could wallow in misery for hours on the stuff! Better though to smoke it when you've just lost your job or just after your girl friend or wife leaves you for someone else. I'm sure that given ample time to stew in your own misery you will come up with even more wonderful reasons to smoke the stuff,

It's actually excellent stuff, I'm lacking the right piece of mind right now.

Just smoked some of the #2 yesterday after my daily work searches. I lived through the experience fortunately! It's much better to smoke when the sun is still up and the birds are singing! If I was in my 'right mind' there would be no problem. I've been salivating for years to get my hands on some excellent sh*t. Well I've got enough of the stuff that when I feel better about things it will be there for me. Something to look forward too!

If you love walking around a big dept. store and suddenly you can't remember what you are there for or even why? Chances are you just finished a bowl of 1A (though you won't remember that information at the time). 'Dazed and confused' is what we used to say.

Hi Woodsman! :thumb:

Nice to have you back. Good idea, expanding your area of searching for a job. I wish you well and hope you find something good. Being in that situation is hard you both I know. Hang in there, a good cycle is coming your way. Sending good Aloha vibes your way! :surf:

Liked the summary of your smokes. Good stuff! I don't think any one but you would know were high. You look like a non doper too me. :goodluck:

I know, I look like a business man with my hair short and all (I think long hair looks funny when it only grows from the side and back of the head). I used to be in much better shape (all around) and even had hair then! My hair is wavy when it gets more than a couple of inches long and back in the day (last century)it was laying on my shoulder. Jeff Lynn from ELO (Electric Light Orchestra) he and I could have been twins!

Good luck brother. No money = suckitude

Suck'titude to a high degree my friend! Wouldn't wish unemployment on anyone right now.

My situation wouldn't be so bad (I'd have found a job a long time ago) if I was able to drive (one of my few professions). With the daily migraines and the meds I take for them, driving a loaded 80,000 LB semi down the interstate is not such a great idea. Also most driving jobs require some level of physical activity. An over the road driver may still have to unload his own trailer perhaps as much as half the time. Just the hitching and unhitching of a trailer from the tractor would be hazardous to me with my back all messed up and waiting to torture me at a drop of the hat (literally). Delivery driver is what I did for the first 11 years of my driving career and is definitely a job I could not do right now. Perhaps that time in my life is why I'm hurting so much now! Nothing better for the skeletal structure than jumping off (instead of climbing down, which takes more time) the back of the truck after every delivery for 11 years. When I've got my life back in order and I've got some health insurance, I'll have all these things checked out and perhaps it's not too late to do something about them. I had started to work out just prior to my last 'back episode' and will try to get back into it any day. My wife thinks I should not 'push it'. Worked physical jobs all my life. I'll have to come up with something easier (physically) to do.

Thanks my friends for your patience (waiting for me to reply)

:tokin:

Got to say that bagweed 1B is fast becoming a favorite . Great daytime smoke that creeps up slowly then hits you with a superb 'up' high. This stuff is good for depression and has helped me lately. While the Runt is similar (great daytime up high) it hits right away and is speedy. 1B seems to creep up slowly, then all of a sudden you get this terrific euphoric feeling. A happy high.

:popcorn:

Hello Woodsman...
I too have been gone! It seems we are all treading in mud these days. I'm sure things will be ok. Things have a funny way of working out! I too am returning to 420! I have missed you all so much! I'm glad you are back! It's great!! Your plants look great? How is this grow coming?

Well hellooooooo Bay! So great to have ya around again, sure cheers me up to know your out there in 420 land. Yup I hope thinngs straighten out for all of us. Been a long long road this time, but the light is on the horizen! Great to have ya Renee!

In your honor girl, I'm going to re-post my final smoke report/. Wanted to do it anyway, might as well do it now.

:popcorn:

Here is a re-posting of my final smoke report for those that may have missed it. Enjoy!

"Woodsman Outdoors"
Smoke reports and reviews

Group_2_.JPG

Quick Note before we start..

The following are three independent reviews of each one of my ten different smokes. I will call one of them Researcher A and the other Researcher B (actual human Guinea pigs) with the third review being my own thoughts or comments. I'll do this one type of smoke at a time. Each will be accompanied by some corresponding photos.

Enjoy!

The ten types or strains are:

#1A
#1B
#2 (Pink Lady)
#1A W/C W/C-stands for 'Water Cured'
#1B W/C
#2 W/C
NL#5 from seed
The Runt (NL#5 that I regenerated)
Bubba Kush
Mazar

*Note
My three Bagweeds 1A and 1B are seeds from the same bag while #2 is from a different bag - both bags were from the same source in San Diego, CA. - their lineage is unknown. They were both 'street bought' and were both very good, though dry and somewhat seedy. Regular cured and water cured selections are from the same plant. Example: 1A and 1A W/C are the same, just cured differently.

Also the samples used by the two 'researchers' were cured for between one and one and a half months in air tight canning jars (unless 'water cured' W/C) Unfortunately the samples were over dried as a scare of mold fell on me! That's the reason I 'water cured' some of the bagweeds. Right after the 'testing', I re-hydrated all of my stuff by placing a small piece of grapefruit peel in each jar. They were all removed after no longer than 24 hours. I have very nice cured buds now and I'm sure they are 'less harsh' than the samples used. Unfortunate but it's done! Could have got even higher ratings I'm sure if I had waited and used the 're-hydrated' smoke.

DSCN2188.JPG

Bagweed 1A (Researcher A)

"this is an excellent pot, excellent high, great taste, citrus, love the exhale, this is a keeper for sure....hide this one away, just now wearing off....6hrs"

Very nice high on this reg cured bud. High is just now really wearing off and not bad on the munchies either, energetic, but relaxing. A minty menthol citrus taste. This is an excellent pot, not harsh, nice looking buds and great taste left on lips, citrus, love the exhale just a tiny bit to crisp, but just fine. The bud smells great, maybe some diesel or head
band in this one. Excellent high, just now wearing off at 6hrs! Great smoke congrats, this is a keeper for sure, hide this one away. Didn't even look
at the ash as I liked this one so much

Bagweed_1A8.JPG

Bagseed 1A (Researcher B)

"very nice stoney high, I give her an 9. good stuff!"
Smooth. After 4 hits a very nice stoney high. A good movie watcher stone. I give her an 9. good stuff!

Bagweed_1A_after_2_Month_Cure.JPG

Bagweed 1A (My take)

This is the smoke you want when your in a good mood and wish to 'leave reality behind'. A great choice if I was up in 'my mountains' fishing and camping. I have had negative experiences (two) with this one. I will not smoke this one at night anymore when I'm alone! I'm sure you've all experienced this before... You smoke, you become 'super stoned' and then all of a sudden thoughts begin to enter your mind! To some it may be paranoia, for me all the things I was supposed to do, or the things that I have failed to do try to enter my mind. Not a good smoke for me if I am the slightest bit depressed or upset about something. This one is so so strong and almost impossible to stop! Almost like your tripping, making you susceptible to having a bad trip if your mind is not screwed on right. Researcher 'A' said it was "just starting to wear off after 6 hours". Like I said, a trip! I will use this to 'escape' during the daytime!

DSCN1710.JPG

I think it has a Mentholatum smell ('citrus' is used above to describe it by 'A'). If I wanted to impress someone, this is the one!

I'm sure for most of you this would be a great smoke to experience and it has for me also (daytime) when I can 'see' if I'm going to be doomed! LOL, I do suffer from depression and take medication daily for it. This one 'over rode' my meds!

***Total weight on all the 1A (including water cured bud) was 4 OZ

*A note on Water Curing before we proceed

I've read many discussions about water cures (on the internet) and how or if they affect the potency of a smoke. Here is my own 'personal' take on it.

Take two identical buds (size and shape and weight) from the same plant, both have gone through the air dry and are ready to place in a jar for a regular cure. But we are going to water cure one of them while doing a regular 'burp cure' on the other. You'd have to wait about a month (at least) for the regular cure to be even halfway decent. The water cure is ready for smoking after you've cured it for a week in distilled water followed by a fast dry process.

Take your month old regular cured bud and put it next to your water cured (dried). They used to be the same size remember? Now we find that the water cured bud is a bit smaller than the regular cured bud. Perhaps up to 25 percent smaller. The reason the W/C has shrunk is because during the week that you had it submersed in water some of the plant material (leaves, stems, calyxes etc.) has deteriorated away. Like wet newspaper, it disintegrates. The Trichomes on the other hand didn't go anywhere. They do not (unless you really agitate the stuff) fall off the plant. Trichomes are what get you high not the green material surrounding it.

Your W/C bud is now 'concentrated' after losing some of the 'roughage' or as mentioned above, 25% smaller. You still have the same amount of trichomes though as you have on the reg cured bud. Smoke the same amount of each and the W/C bud will get you higher. Simple as that. If you place 25% less of the W/C bud in the bowl than the reg cured bud, they should be the same strength. So equal portions would favor the W/C. and unless you 'ration' the 'servings' accordingly this is what you will think. Most persons would just fill up the bowl, or roll a joint like normal. You see? Just concentrated more than reg cured bud of the same exact kind.

1A W/C (Researcher A)

"love the taste, this is a wow"

love the taste, esp. on the exhale and of course the color is dark, and i love that black look of the water cure. This is a wow!

Water_Cured_1A_after_2_Month_Cure.JPG

1A W/C (Researcher B)

"Nice Buzz, comes on fast. I like it, a 9.5 rating" "I'm still stoned. Good shit! Long lasting."

No taste that I can identify.
Nice Buzz, comes on fast. I like it, 9.5
......I'm still stoned. Good shit! Long lasting.

Bagweed 1A W/C (My take)

What do I think of the 1A W/C. Well it's the same as the reg cure just that I, like everyone else, smoke the same amount of it and get that much more stoned! With this one, it could be down right lethal! Smells less and tastes less, but is extremely potent. When I was younger this one and the reg cure would have been right up my alley! Must be getting old now and am carrying too much negative 'baggage'!

BAGWEED #1B (Researcher A)

Bagweed_1B4.JPG

"Would i buy it? yes, it is better than a lot I've bought, 8-9 overall with a 10 for looks and ash,initial head band effect, much like the kali, a keeper for me for
day use, not bad at all. Energetic rather than lazy high"

you really flushed it well, fine white fluffy ash, an outstanding job. Didn't really have an exceptional exhale, just clean
Inhale-a slight spicy to almost bland inhale, not what you did, some plants don't. Taste is not bitter, one initial bite, a little on the bitter citrus spice, but mild.

looks-a lot of bag appeal and very nice looking, it's visually very good
no cough, no raw throat, big plus,
Initial head band effect, much like the kali, or headband has.
Good daytime high that lasts about 2-3hrs. I could work while using, can drift on it or be right in reality. Has a fun and airy high, not so couch lock, but good with minor pain relief or anti anxiety, more of a head high though, creative, music, etc.

Overall a good strong 8-9, a 10 on looks, 10 on ash,
Would I buy it? Yes, it is better than a lot and had a good smell, and the look of the bag would also add to it. A day use keeper for me with an energetic rather than lazy high

Bagseed 1B (Researcher B)

"kicks butt, smells great, smell is really good, kind of spicy and sweet"

Kicks butt, tastes good...spicy....4 small hits
and I'm stoned!

Bagweed_1B_after_2_Month_Cure.JPG

I think Bagweed 1B smells great. Feels nice and dry too and I like dry.
The smell is really good, kind of spicy and sweet. Almost musky. My nose likes it too. So don't smell any green at all

Bagweed 1B (My take)

This one has been my favorite 'smelling' of them all. Really smells like some of the sweet smoke of my California days. Again I have trouble identifying the 'exact' smell. The two folks above mention the 'bitter citrus' or 'spicy and sweet', Perhaps an orange or better yet a grapefruit peel smell (though sweet). Like I said already, what I think of when I think of good smelling pot. Problem is that it is not overwhelming like some stuff I've had in the past. It is getting stronger though as we move well into the second full month of it's cure.

Not as powerful as 1A but not a slouch either. It is definitely an 'up high' and is a great 'all around' smoke for me. In potency it's not the strongest, but it definitely will get you there and you could 'function' on it 'slightly' LOL!

***Total Weight for 1B (including water cured bud) was 4.5 OZ

Bagweed 1B W/C (Researcher A)

"very smooth, great high, truly enjoyable"

Water_Cured_1B_after_2_Month_Cure.JPG

very smooth, great high, truly enjoyable....i love the color the water cure turns them, very different.
had a very nice taste even though a w/c and it burned my throat very little, but that was because of how dry it was.
Ash was clean, and did not pop or crackle a very good job

Bagweed 1B W/C (Researcher B)

"I liked it! Rating 8.4"

Really no taste, 3 or 4 hits and on comes a nice stoney feeling, however in 30 minutes it's gone, another two hits and stoney again, I liked it! Rating 8.4.

Bagweed 1B W/C (My take)

Also agree with both of them concerning the 'stoniness'. Very good and like the other W/C not too much of a taste or smell, though a feint glimmer of it's natural smell is still present.

Researcher A mentions the 'dark color' of the water cured buds. They are all a dark dark brown color and are rock, I mean rock solid.

Bagweed #2 'Pink Lady' (Researcher A)

Pink_Cola_of_Bagweed_2.JPG

"absolutely great", "great flavor, kinda floral, and spicy, with a little diesel", "bit of sour flavor, so i really think it has diesel in it and the high is really nice", "between a high 8 and
a high 9"

Absolutely great....harsh...but we know why (a bit to dry) with great flavor, kinda floral, and spicy, with a little diesel taste, the exhale is the same way. The ash is absolutely white and fluffy like it should be with no snapping when smoked so the flush was great. A tiny bit of sour flavor, so i really think it has diesel in it. The high is really nice and lasted quite a while. Very nice! Between a high 8 and
a high 9.

Bagweed_2_Colas.JPG

Bagweed #2 'Pink Lady' (Researcher B)

"She's the best of the lot, I was on my 4th toke before I realized that I was stinking high. Nice, nice smoke!."

DSCN13211.JPG

Smoking the Pink Lady tonight and she's the best of the lot so far! I was on my 4th toke before I realized that I was
stinking high. Nice, nice smoke!.
Tell you what, I sure do like it!.

Pink_Lady_-_Bagweed_2_after_2_Month_Cure.JPG

Bagweed #2 'Pink Lady' (My take)

Well I thought there may be some diesel in this and I mentioned it way back right after harvest the first time I tried her. Now that she's cured (2 and a half months) I don't notice it as much. This is a pungent smelling smoke with character! I don't like chamomile tea, and this has that kind of a smell to it (at least for me) Used to think when it was growing that it smelled like overripe melons of some such. Not what I smell now though. More like the Chamomile tea. Not my favorite smell, but it could be very exceptable to others very easily. Just the chamomile I don't like. Tastes good, no tea flavor. Spicy hot taste perhaps. Not sure as usual! LOL Definitely tastes like 'something familiar' but I have a problem placing it!

Very potent smoke and is up there with 1A though I don't get all weird with it like I have on 1A a couple of times. It is definitely something that I would grow again and if I was into 'moving' something this would be one for sure. An early finisher, in fact the first one I harvested along with 1B. Those two have been curing since early November and it's almost mid January now, so two months solid. And this one is super solid as in 'tight.

Given the choice between this one and 1A (at night), I'd go with this one. Only because I am too old and have too many emotional issues to handle 1A! LOL I'm already crazy and don't need too much help! Several years ago I'd have taken 1A because it is so strong and I was able to handle it.

***Total weight on #2 'Pink Lady' (including water cured bud) was 5 OZ

Bagweed #2 W/C 'Pink Lady'

Water_Cured_2_Pink_Lady_after_2_Month_Cure.JPG

"good 9 for strength, high is instant, lasted about 2,3 hrs. Great high, the exhale was like walking into a garden after a rain storm."

smell, or aroma is kinda like when you open a box of oolong tea, not overwhelming, but clear and with a slight fragrance of flowers on the breeze.

The taste, none really, the exhale was like walking into a garden after a rain storm though and just a touch of maybe floral in the air.

The high was instant, loved the high which.gave me squint eye pretty bad and lasted about 2,3 hrs. Great high!

What kind of a high? Up, a thinking high, a little laid back but not a couch lock only either as I enjoyed laughing.
ashes were nice and white

OK, a little on the harsh side, (cure) and due to drying to much
loved the black color it left. The only thing i really didn't love was the harshness (too dry). A good 9 for strength and I would buy it, and use a vaporizer.

Bagweed #2 W/C 'Pink Lady' (Researcher B)

"Hit's very hard and is very good.
A strong 9, My friend loved it too!"

I smoked that puppy! Must have been really stoned!
I got confused. Rarely, rarely happens!
No real taste again, but pretty smooth
Hit's very hard and is very good. A strong 9.
I saved it and smoked at different times. My friend loved it too!

Bagweed #2 W/C 'Pink Lady' (My take)

Well one of them says it's harsh and the other says its 'pretty smooth'. What it is is damn strong as in potent! This version of the 'Pink Lady' does smell more like 'Chinese tea' than the chamomile of the regular cured Pink Lady. You could smoke this outside and no one would smell 'marijuana' Of course the fact your smoking an odd looking 'cigarette' may attract some attention! Like burning tea leaves!

Great smoke as all the variations of my bagweed are.

Strongest of the three bagweeds is the 1A and 1A W/C then a very close second the Pink Lady #2 and it's 'watered cured brother'. 1B is not quite as potent, but is as potent as most stuff you'd find and it tastes the best of the three.

In my simple but very often stoned mind, I'd rate (for potency) the 1A a 10, the Pink Lady (#2) a close second with a 9.5 and then the terrific smelling 1B as perhaps an 8.5 in potency.

Not a bad outcome indeed! As a gift sent to me by an old friend in SD who said the stuff was nothing special! "Just the normal quarter ounce street weed we buy around here" . I'd love to let her try it now and see what she thinks of her old 'street weed'.

It's all in the way it's grown that makes the difference. If you've got 'good stock' in your bagseed to begin with, you can make it even better. I've tried and still try to pay attention to what is written here about growing from our great world class growers right here on the site.

NL#5 from seed (Researcher A)

"good taste, good exhale, really enjoyed it, good mid range high, good day smoke, gave this an 8"

Northern_Lights_51.JPG

Good taste, a little harsh (dry), good ash and good exhale. Took this one around with me today and really enjoyed it. Didn't get me so screwed up that i didn't function, very mild, good mid range high so a good day smoke. You did an excellent job of flushing and also liked the flavor and smell.
The high was not outrageous, but very nice and could maintain around people on this. Gave this an 8, but
could be stronger, NL is not noted for a kick butt high. With all that said and done, you did a
great job on the plant and still a good day high.

NL#5 from seed (Researcher B)

Didn't do a thing for me, Nothing!

NL#5 from seed (My take)

Well I've grown a few NL#5's lately. Of the three grown last fall/spring (indoor), two of them were very good and potent, the third (Fatleaf for those that were around then) was not potent at all. This time around I grew two with only one from 'seed' and the other a 'regeneration' (reviewed below). While this is my weakest as far as potency goes, it does give a 'medium' high. I have grown 'non potent' weed before and this is not that 'impotent'. It does taste and smell very good, (like sweet fruit - perhaps grape juice?)

NL_5_-From_Seed_after_2_Month_Cure.JPG

Not sure why Researcher B said it 'didn't do a thing' for him, but everyone is affected differently of course. I think it has some degree of 'highness' as noted by Researcher A. Thought the 8 given by 'A' was very generous though. It is the kind of smoke that would be alright for around the town use as you may not 'look' too stoned. It is not a knockout for sure, but is not completely 'impotent'. I'd give it a 6 or 7 on potency and a 8-9 on taste and smell. Would I grow NL#5 again.. Yes definitely. My Big Girl and The Runt from my previous grow were (are - I still have a little) very good. Not sure about it? Just read below about the 'Runt' ( NL#5 Regenerated - regrown)

***Total weight on NL#5 (from seed) was 4.3 OZ

RUNT, NL#5 - Regenerated (Researcher A)

The_Runt6.JPG

"A good 8-9 for strength, I would buy it to have on hand, card games, etc, so far the smoke is very good"

Smell is mild , floral, spicy taste was clean and gave me cotton mouth!
High-'high', comes on in waves , a good nine for strength, a good clean high that you could work with, calming good
for writing.
Ashes-now here is not as good, dark ashes mixed with white
it sizzled and popped all the way thru so it either was a very short flush or very little one, or was going to try to have seeds.
I also liked the appeal of the bud, good bag appeal. I'd buy it to have on hand. So far the smoke is very good

Runt NL#5 - Regenerated (Researcher B)

"Kicks butt!

Kicks butt! Got so stoned I messed up with an online purchase! I just smoked a piece of her. Saving the rest for later. Runt is good.!

NL_5_Regeneration_Runt_after_2_Month_Cure.JPG

Runt NL#5 - Regenerated (My Take)

Well I really like this smoke and I think 'A' and 'B' did also. This has a very sweet taste and smell to it (now). The Researchers had this after only one month of cure. It is at two months now and as is the case with all of my stuff, it has become more tight, odoriferous and tastier!

The_Runt_-_Tops.JPG

I'd give it a 9 for 'potency' while the other 'stronger stuff' like the Bagweed's 1A and #2 would be 9.5's.

This is my choice when I want to get very stoned yet be out in the world. Not that my eyes won't look like I haven't slept for a week (I would just wear sunglasses). Like it a lot! Great for watching TV and I 'do not' want to fall asleep! Not recommended before 'bed time'!

This NL#5 is from the same package of seeds as the other NL#5's I've grown. Some work and some just don't. Out of five grown plants, three have been very good and though they are all different phenos, they all taste/smell sweet to some degree, though they are all different. I would buy NL#5 again.

*note..
This second generation of the Runt is stronger than it's first grow. The previous grow was done inside with minimal lighting (100w HID plus several 26w and 40w cfl's). That smoke was good and stoney, but was 'fluffier' and didn't taste as sweet as this time around. As far as I'm concerned, unless you've got high wattage lighting (400, 600 or 1000w), growing in the Sun takes the prize. My Big Girl (NL#5) from the previous grow was a tad better than the Runt #1 (potency wise) but is not as potent as my latest Runt (regen).

***Total weight on the Runt was 2.3 OZ

Mazar (Afghan X Skunk#1 75% indica) (Researcher A)

Mazar20.JPG

"My wife said she really liked it....on flavor, taste and exhale, as well as high, real good daytime smoke, a good 8 on our scale"

We both agree that it is a little harsh, (sample was a bit dry). The smell was nice, taste not too much, very generic, not much of a starting point in flavor, also could be the cure

*note from Woodsman..as I mentioned before, the samples were about a month into cure when tested, they all taste/smell much stronger now after two months in cure. Also the samples were too dry and since then have been 're-hydrated' and are now fine

Mazar is not my favorite, no matter who grows it. My wife said she really liked it on flavor, taste and exhale, as well as
high which we both agree is a good 8 because of the high. The ash, was pure white, a great job on flushing, just wonderful. A real good day smoke. My wife said it was a real great outside weed, and gives it very high marks on energy.

Mazar (Researcher B)

"Its good!, Just kinda mellow, Great for watching TV"

The Mazar is OK. Great for watching TV. Not full of energy and not stupefying. Just kinda mellow. I'm still smoking your Mazar! Its good!

Mazar_after_2_Month_Cure.JPG

Mazar (My take)

I was very curious while growing this one what it would be like. I grew one Mazar on my indoor grow last fall/winter and it was a 'dud'! Not potent at all.

Mazar_3_.JPG

Well I am pleasantly surprised! Though not as potent as some of my stuff, it is still a stoney weed. Picked slightly early, it does not have the 'couch lock' effect or 'indica' high that it was intended to have, but it gives me a nice neutral high. It has a nice sweet smell and a somewhat sweet taste. The last Mazar I grew smells like the diesel fuel I used to pump into my old Peterbilt and Freightliner Semi Tractors. Both that Mazar and this Mazar are from the same pack of seeds. In fact they are the 'free' seeds that came with the NL#5. Does anyone else get so many different phenos from the same stuff? The only one that is similar to previous grows was the regenerated Runt (NL#5) and the answer to that is obvious.

***Total weight on the Mazar was 4.5 OZ

Bubba Kush (Researcher A)

"you did it right", "the taste is right....the high is good...you grew it right....the inhale is very nice....". "a little on the harsh side again, but we know why (sample was a bit too dry). "makes me eat", "a slower high, gave me the sleepy's", "the flush is perfect", a good 9.."

Bubba_Kush15.JPG

You did it right though a little on the harsh side, but we know why. The taste is right, the high is good, you grew it right. The inhale is very nice and didn't burn my lungs. My wife really enjoyed it a lot. The flush is perfect!

The last two are the best,(*see note below) and except for the dryness they are a good 9 so you should be very happy. Tastes a little on the hash side, which is the affy in there somewhere, love that taste!

*note from Woodsman - Researcher A is referring to the Bagweed #2 (Pink Lady) and the Bubba Kush when she said 'the last two ar the best' (I've 'rearranged the order of the reviews').

Bubba Kush (Researcher B)

"Three hits, Very nice smoke"

Tonight I tried the Bubba Kush and three hits and I'm buzzing. Very nice.
Kinda of a spicy taste. Very nice smoke!

DSCN19331.JPG

Bubba Kush (My take)

This is my relaxing weed. Doesn't make me sleep (not at all), but it seems to me like a part body high and part head high. Has an exotic smell (kind of sour) and taste and is also getting better every day. The calyxes on this one are huge and the trichome, well I have not seen so many before (on my stuff). They were huge tall stalks with large bulbous heads. The trichomes on this one were just starting to turn to amber when I picked her (no more than 5-10 percent I would say, the rest are cloudy with even a few still clear. I think that by moving my remaining stuff inside before they were done maturing (too cold outside and wet), may have caused them all to slow their maturation process down. Seemed like in the few weeks they were inside, they changed color, but at a snails pace, a slow snail!.

Bubba_Kush_2_5.JPG

This Bubba Kush was a small plant and was that way I'm sure, because it was started a couple of months behind the rest. Large (huge) leaves that turned purple as the weather got cooler. By the end, this was a entirely purple leafed plant. This one may not be as powerful as the Bagweeds 1A and #2 but it is close and perhaps in a more 'subtle' way. Great for a movie or for sitting outside on a nice day watching things go on around you or reading a book.

Bubba_Kush_after_2_Month_Cure.JPG

DSCN19363.JPG

Looks great! Prettiest looking buds, turning a much lighter green now that its into it's second month of cure. At first, used to stink like crazy in the jar, now it's mellowed and the sour is not as sour anymore, more like sweet and sour now.

I wouldn't mind having this in my garden for all my grows. It was fairly bug free and gave me no headaches like the others did. Kept the soil 'in the zone' between 6 and 7 through it's whole grow. Wish I'd have started this one at the same time as the others. Would have had twice as much.

***Total weight on the Bubba Kush was 3.2 OZ#2 W/C

***Total weight for the grow was 27.8 OZ. I may have lost an ounce (approximate) during the water curing process. I lost a few ounces to the stem borers also (a guess). All in all a good haul. Was it worth all the work and effort? Yes! I've got some great smoke that will last me a long long time! Besides, I was able to share it all with you!

Regular_Cured_and_Water_Cured_after_2_Months.JPG

Thank you for checking out my Smoke Reports! I'd like to thank my two fantastic researchers for the great work they did and for all the sacrifices they made! LOL!

A big thanks to all of you who have so patiently waited for this. I hope I didn't disappoint anyone.

I'll most likely close the Journal in a 'couple of weeks' and will have more time then to visit with you at your Journals.

As always...your comments and suggestions are most welcome!

Woodsman

:blunt:

Hey Woodsman. Don't know if you've talked to OMM recently but he was assaulted and his plants were stolen by some lowlife scum. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Hope you're feeling better, take care.

Hey Woodsman. Don't know if you've talked to OMM recently but he was assaulted and his plants were stolen by some lowlife scum. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Hope you're feeling better, take care.

I have been sooooo out of it lately! Thank you Blue for waking me up! Terrible thing that has happened to our friend. Not as scary a situation as Lavendars , but heartbreaking none the less. May the folks who stole O's stuff, all choke on it and not recover! My best wishes to OMM. Do not give up brother!

Back
Top Bottom