X Marks the Spot - XLR8's Big Bang Auto Hydro Grow 2011

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

Per your request, I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Hey Dude, I need to catch up on your thread here. I fell off when ya got your B-Bang out. Looked like one sweet plant. Should be nice and cured by now. Hopefully it turned into some sweet taste treat. You asked about Jack the Ripper. Yes I did one last year outside. It was a sativa dominated pheno. But it got pulled because of some bad planing on my side. And mother nature threw a bad fall at me.
Well myself I've not grown alot up here in the PNW. It's got alot of clouds, and high humidity. I had started it inside maybe 3 weeks before putting outside. It had alot of cloudy weather ahead and hence grew alittle leggier that nice lights wood've produced. I used like a 10 gallon pot for awhile till I culled 3 for the greenhouse. The house is like 12X10 Good Dirt, so I hoped 3 wood fit fine. 1 Jack the Ripper and 2 Church's. The old saying is pot will grow to allotted space. Especial when the have unlimited dirt under them. They filled it fast. Alittle more than I planed. I had to super crop alittle and then I found the first spots of bud rot. I need air flow in the greenhouse, so I opted to kill of the Jack seeing it had a longer flowering time. It was a monster for sure. about 10' tall and was mingled in with the other plants. Well in the end I got some fine ass church buds saved.
But you can grow it I'd bet inside. Flower it small and use some Bush Master's as a foliar once. That stuff works. I'm sold on it for anything indoors. It's a MUST for them 'grow wheels' the ones That finish like 150 plants in a 10x12' space. I'd try it again if I had stock. Has a great linage Well I need to catch up afew pages, I just wanted to let ya know what happened to mine. Keepem Green

Hey thanks brother! Great advice on the Bush Masters - I almost forgot about that stuff, and it would probably be great for something like a Jack the Ripper or other Sativa in the tent. I'd definitely flower early to keep size under control.

Sorry missed where ya was feeling alittle poorly. I know alot of us are getting to where we have some problems, and I hope yours was a small one and it takes leave very soon. Looked at what ya wrote for seed. 'White Siberian' I was grown before hydro and dirt. Was a great plant with a doable flowering time. The plant seemed to take to topping well and was top shelf herb's. Iffin it were me that's one I'd grow and clone for a whole grow. Shes compact if kept topped down. Best with whatever ya grow. I wish I had a Chocope plant. However its spelled. I here that's some ripper smoke. Lot of growers here are doing it. Keep em Green

Thanks buddy - my health stuff was pretty heavy duty, but I'm recovering quickly and things are definitely on a good track. Great feedback on the White Siberian - cool! I'm super excited about the Chocolope - can't wait to give it a go. :thanks: for the feedback!

Soooooo Your already at it Huh? Some recovery Bud...in fact an amazing recovery! Sounds like some great strains xlr8.:cheer:

Hi OMM! I almost missed your post (and a few others) -- too many good meds yesterday. ;)

Yes, I can't seem to sit still for too long. Honestly, I should be taking it easier than I am, though I'm being pretty careful not to do anything foolish that could cause further injury/damage. The recovery is going very well so far, and I am ahead of schedule so far - just have to keep reminding myself that I still have a ways to go. ;)

I was inspired by your praise for Lucy - after hearing how much you (and a few others around here) like it, it seemed like a no brainer to add to my next grow. So far I've got 2 Lucy's, and 1 Skywalker already forming their first sets of tiny little leaves.

I expect that another Skywalker and a Lavender should eventually poke their heads out of the Rapid Rooters by later this evening (I hope). I plan on keeping and growing 4 of these 5 seedlings. Ideally 2 Lucy's, a Lavender, and a Skywalker. Depends on whether I have issues with the Lavender seedling which hasn't sprouted yet (or the Skywalker).

For kicks, I'm planning on germinating one more seed - a newer Sativa and putting it in it's own single bucket system in the flowering room after a very small veg state. I've been wanting a good Sativa for a while now. :)

I think I got 6 good branches and with a little lst those grew up to be about 16" tall, that was from a 2.5 gallon Hempy.

Nice! Thanks for sharing that, Sisco. I think that's the general idea of what I'll want to do to keep Sativa's under control, height-wise. :thumb:

That should last you for a minute... Congrats on the harvest :bravo: I also would like to thank you for your great journal and your great personality. Keep it real and stay strong bro.

Hi Sisco -

Hopefully a few minutes! ;) :thanks: for the kind words my friend - the feeling is likewise. :high-five:

AAaaaahhhh, the bitter sweet ending to a fantastic grow, and journal my friend.:bravo: I'ts been an honor to ride along with you, thanks for your friendship, help when I needed it, and for having me here! Can't wait to see the new system, and your new strains buddy!!:high-five:

Thanks Quix - for everything. You've become a great friend here, and I appreciate it truly! :high-five:

Hey xlr8 :)

Well, done brother! Nice smoke report. Glad the girl helps with your pain. That's the whole point.

Really nice wrap up and summary. Very complete and well written.

Get that new journal up or I'll start jonesing for xlr8 to post.

Congrats my friend. :circle-of-love::party:

You've become a great friend, OMM. Thanks for the kind feedback. I'll get something going again soon... :thanks:

Great job, XLR8, on your "record-breaking" grow! Interesting that the auto turned out the best overall quality meds you've grown so far - it's really making me want to try an auto at some point! :)

Hope you're doing well and I can't wait to see the new journal! :high-five:

Couldn't have asked for a better result from one plant as a summer experiment. I feel blessed, especially as it's helping me with a lot of pain issues right now. I'm definitely open to doing more autos someday. The ONLY thing I didn't like (blessing and a curse) was the constant longer (18+hour) light cycle. Takes more electricity, and makes stealth a little trickier yet. The plus side is having more available time to tinker with things in the tent and grow space.

:thanks: for all the kind words and being a part of my grow. You're a great guy, and :goodluck: with MOTM.

Xlr8!!

Awesome journal my friend, one of my favorites so far, astounding job of a grow. Can't get any better results than this, well not by much anyways.:thumb::goodjob::bongrip::welldone::peacetwo::yummy::peace:

:thanks: buddy!

Those are really nice words. I appreciate the kudos and support. You've been a breath of positivity around here, and it's been great having you a part of my journal. :high-five:

Great job, X --- you, Krip, Stevehman, God's Trichomes, and many others have made this a happy home for me again. :thanks::thanks::peace:

Hope your health continues to improve -- positive vibes to you and yours from MI!

Great job, X --- you, Krip, Stevehman, God's Trichomes, and many others have made this a happy home for me again. :thanks::thanks::peace:

Hope your health continues to improve -- positive vibes to you and yours from MI!

Thanks brother! I feel the same way - sure glad to have you in my group of grow buddies here. :high-five:

I'm getting those vibes from you all I think. I feel better all the time, mentally and physically both. True story! :thumb:

X, quick, in your opinion, who has the best freebies!? I cant take it anymore, I have to get some seeds!!

Right now, I'd say Attitude seeds has best freebies from what I can tell. Single Seed center is pretty good deal, too, because you can buy single seed quantities if you want and still get a couple of free seeds without spending as much. If you are going to spend a little more, though, Attitudes freebies are better I think. Just my 2 cents!

Right now, I'd say Attitude seeds has best freebies from what I can tell. Single Seed center is pretty good deal, too, because you can buy single seed quantities if you want and still get a couple of free seeds without spending as much. If you are going to spend a little more, though, Attitudes freebies are better I think. Just my 2 cents!

Thanks brotha! I'm looking at both right now. I am looking to do singles, and my budget is 60-80 bones. Just not too familiar with Attitude's site. So the UFOs are the freebies right?

I'm all about the Attitude.

Yep, I think I am now too. Much cheaper for some reason?...
Only problem is, they're out of my Strawberry Diesel I wanted....[Insert bummer smiley here]

Yep, I think I am now too. Much cheaper for some reason?...
Only problem is, they're out of my Strawberry Diesel I wanted....[Insert bummer smiley here]

Quix, with Attitude, use promo code #420 and you'll get a discount! :yahoo:

Quix, with Attitude, use promo code #420 and you'll get a discount! :yahoo:
Thanks Mr. K:high-five: I saw your post about that the other day, and I intend to!!

Back
Top Bottom