X Marks the Spot - XLR8's Big Bang Auto Hydro Grow 2011

That's just cuz' I'm faster than you are so I get here and and get my response in first! If you got here first, I'd be agreeing with you! :)

You just need to be a little Quixer! :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: AAAaaaahhhHH.....Now thats funny, I dont care who ya are lol....

But you're too kind K. Trust me, I know who's more knowledgable here, and it's you. I look to your posts knowing I'm likely to learn something new. Its obvious how much homework you've done, and still do, at least to me its obvious. Hell, I read for HOURS on this crap (mostly just forum chit-chat lately), a fair share of it is very informative though, and I'm still a long way from knowing as much as you do about the science of this. (I don't retain as much as I used to lol)
Anyway, I also think that's why you are a perfect candidate for MotM, you do your share, and then you help others indiscriminately. (Even the weirdos lol)

Maybe I need to change my name to SlowGold!!

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Quixer!! LOL! I'm ripped....And you got me too about an hour ago on RVG's journal!!!:Namaste::bong: I think mine an quix's stash is a lil more couchlock than yours!:roorrip::high-five:

LMFAO!!
Hey GT, notice how late he's up, and how many threads he's been on tonight? Really makin his rounds since bein nomed for the MotM contest huh!?

Aaaahha ha ha, just messin Kripster!!:)

Sorry I'm ripped tonight too!:high-five:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: AAAaaaahhhHH.....Now thats funny, I dont care who ya are lol....

But you're too kind K. Trust me, I know who's more knowledgable here, and it's you. I look to your posts knowing I'm likely to learn something new. Its obvious how much homework you've done, and still do, at least to me its obvious. Hell, I read for HOURS on this crap (mostly just forum chit-chat lately), a fair share of it is very informative though, and I'm still a long way from knowing as much as you do about the science of this. (I don't retain as much as I used to lol)
Anyway, I also think that's why you are a perfect candidate for MotM, you do your share, and then you help others indiscriminately. (Even the weirdos lol)

Maybe I need to change my name to SlowGold!!

Thank you for those compliments, Quix! You're far too kind & generous! :thanks:

I do tend to retain a lot of info but that's because I have a near photographic memory that allows me to....ummm...sorry...what were we talking about again? :)

Don't worry, I'm not that far ahead of you, if at all, and as I've said before, what I know about smoking I learned on my own, but what I know about growing I learned here on :420:

I appreciate all the support I'm getting for MOTM, so thanks again!

BTW....if you're gonna switch screennames to another precious metal, I'd recommend "Pure Platinum", which reminds me of an ex-girlfriend, but that's another story! :)

LMFAO!!
Hey GT, notice how late he's up, and how many threads he's been on tonight? Really makin his rounds since bein nomed for the MotM contest huh!?

Aaaahha ha ha, just messin Kripster!!:)

Sorry I'm ripped tonight too!:high-five:

You blew it, Bro! I WAS going to send you a couple boxes of "Krip for MOTM" fountain pens and a whole case of bumper stickers, but since you gave away my secret, I'm gonna send 'em to XLR8 instead! :rofl:

You blew it, Bro! I WAS going to send you a couple boxes of "Krip for MOTM" fountain pens and a whole case of bumper stickers, but since you gave away my secret, I'm gonna send 'em to XLR8 instead! :rofl:

I'll exect my pens delivered within 3 business days, or no vote, period.
:rofl:
You can keep the bumper stickers, I dont own a subaru!:)

I'll exect my pens delivered within 3 business days, or no vote, period.
:rofl:
You can keep the bumper stickers, I dont own a subaru!:)

OK...Deal! Vote for me twice and I'll throw in a calendar magnet you can stick on your refrigerator! :rofl:

Hey Dude, I need to catch up on your thread here. I fell off when ya got your B-Bang out. Looked like one sweet plant. Should be nice and cured by now. Hopefully it turned into some sweet taste treat. You asked about Jack the Ripper. Yes I did one last year outside. It was a sativa dominated pheno. But it got pulled because of some bad planing on my side. And mother nature threw a bad fall at me.
Well myself I've not grown alot up here in the PNW. It's got alot of clouds, and high humidity. I had started it inside maybe 3 weeks before putting outside. It had alot of cloudy weather ahead and hence grew alittle leggier that nice lights wood've produced. I used like a 10 gallon pot for awhile till I culled 3 for the greenhouse. The house is like 12X10 Good Dirt, so I hoped 3 wood fit fine. 1 Jack the Ripper and 2 Church's. The old saying is pot will grow to allotted space. Especial when the have unlimited dirt under them. They filled it fast. Alittle more than I planed. I had to super crop alittle and then I found the first spots of bud rot. I need air flow in the greenhouse, so I opted to kill of the Jack seeing it had a longer flowering time. It was a monster for sure. about 10' tall and was mingled in with the other plants. Well in the end I got some fine ass church buds saved.
But you can grow it I'd bet inside. Flower it small and use some Bush Master's as a foliar once. That stuff works. I'm sold on it for anything indoors. It's a MUST for them 'grow wheels' the ones That finish like 150 plants in a 10x12' space. I'd try it again if I had stock. Has a great linage Well I need to catch up afew pages, I just wanted to let ya know what happened to mine. Keepem Green

Sorry missed where ya was feeling alittle poorly. I know alot of us are getting to where we have some problems, and I hope yours was a small one and it takes leave very soon. Looked at what ya wrote for seed. 'White Siberian' I was grown before hydro and dirt. Was a great plant with a doable flowering time. The plant seemed to take to topping well and was top shelf herb's. Iffin it were me that's one I'd grow and clone for a whole grow. Shes compact if kept topped down. Best with whatever ya grow. I wish I had a Chocope plant. However its spelled. I here that's some ripper smoke. Lot of growers here are doing it. Keep em Green

What are the flowering times on those new strains? Looking forward to seeing a 12/12 from seed grow.

Hi Steve -

Mostly 10-11 week range I think. My sativas are still on order but should be here in a week or so. Thought I'd start vegging my indica heavy hybrids, and then throw one of the new sativa seeds in a hydro bucket with little to no veg. It would obviously finish up a couple weeks after the others, but since it'll be in it's own hydro bucket, it should work I think. I'm just impatient and want a sativa bad, so didn't want to wait until after this grow to throw a sativa into the mix...

Right now I have a mix of seeds in paper towels waiting for taproots to show:

Lucy, Skywalker, and a Lavender (Soma) - just in case I threw a Paradise "Magic Bud" bean in there too, and a viable looking seed that came from my Blueberry knocking up the mystery bagseed a couple of grow ago - if it's viable, could be an interesting mix. All of these are 8-9 week hybrids. In the end, I plan on keeping 4-5 of them and growing them out. Gonna go check for taproots now!

X, good to see your hobbling along... I've only grown 1 Sativa dom strain, Lemon Skunk, I fim'ed her at it's 3rd node cause I didn't want the Sativa type of branching, more colas was the target..

Hope you get all those beans to crack, take care and take it easy broda.

Thanks buddy. Did you find the fimming helped quite a bit? Were you able to get more colas compared to what you would have had? The Sativa thing will be new to me.... :)

I think I got 6 good branches and with a little lst those grew up to be about 16" tall, that was from a 2.5 gallon Hempy.
004508.jpg
LS_flushed.jpg

Okay, since this wasn't really a perpetual journal - maybe it's time to wrap things up with this Big Bang Auto-flower. Here's a repost of a couple of final pictures, and a smoke report.

Just before chop:
bba2.jpg

Jars filled up - 4.7z total :) :
bba_jarred.jpg

Nugs in the jar:
bba_inside_jar_clsp.jpg

Smoke Report:

Well, this is without a doubt an instant favorite. It's on the strong end of the potency scale, and it has a really nice mix of head/body high. It's enough indica to truly make measurable pain relief possible. I've been dealing with some pain issues lately, and this was really amazing at helping with pain relief. Perfect timing for this trait in my situation.

What I love though, is that there is a whole cereberal side to it as well. Makes me want to do stuff - makes me quite active and happy overall. After a couple of hours it's lights out couchlock, though. :)

Taste/smell:

On the plant, the buds smelled like sour apples a bit. A clean fresh smell. Now that they'e cured some, it still has a tiny hint of the apple smell, but mostly a juicy fruit/citrus smell to the buds. They are sticky and curing very nicely at the moment.

I have only vaped these so far, but they taste fantastic in the vaporizer. I prefer the flavor over any strain I've grown so far. It's an interesting mix of earthy, sage, citrus/sweet. Very pleasing taste to vape, and even better than the Blueberry from my last grow.

Overall, both my wife and I agree that this is the best medicine we've grown both in terms of overall appeal, potency, taste and effect. Really a great plant - autoflower or not! :)

Last, but not least -- thank you all for participating in my grow journal, as well as the help and friendship along the way.

I am germinating a few seeds as we speak and I will start another journal soon. I will be testing the new Flo N Gro hydro system I got earlier in the summer but haven't used yet. I will most likely growing a couple of Skywalkers, and a couple of Lucy's. Might throw either a Lavender or a Sativa of some sort in the mix, too... Anyway - would love to have you in my new journal once it's up and running. :)

The End... For now! Moderators please feel free to move to completed journals. :Namaste:

AAaaaahhhh, the bitter sweet ending to a fantastic grow, and journal my friend.:bravo: I'ts been an honor to ride along with you, thanks for your friendship, help when I needed it, and for having me here! Can't wait to see the new system, and your new strains buddy!!:high-five:

Hey xlr8 :)

Well, done brother! Nice smoke report. Glad the girl helps with your pain. That's the whole point.

Really nice wrap up and summary. Very complete and well written.

Get that new journal up or I'll start jonesing for xlr8 to post.

Congrats my friend. :circle-of-love::party:

Great job, XLR8, on your "record-breaking" grow! Interesting that the auto turned out the best overall quality meds you've grown so far - it's really making me want to try an auto at some point! :)

Hope you're doing well and I can't wait to see the new journal! :high-five:

Okay, since this wasn't really a perpetual journal - maybe it's time to wrap things up with this Big Bang Auto-flower. Here's a repost of a couple of final pictures, and a smoke report.

Just before chop:
bba2.jpg

Jars filled up - 4.7z total :) :
bba_jarred.jpg

Nugs in the jar:
bba_inside_jar_clsp.jpg

Smoke Report:

Well, this is without a doubt an instant favorite. It's on the strong end of the potency scale, and it has a really nice mix of head/body high. It's enough indica to truly make measurable pain relief possible. I've been dealing with some pain issues lately, and this was really amazing at helping with pain relief. Perfect timing for this trait in my situation.

What I love though, is that there is a whole cereberal side to it as well. Makes me want to do stuff - makes me quite active and happy overall. After a couple of hours it's lights out couchlock, though. :)

Taste/smell:

On the plant, the buds smelled like sour apples a bit. A clean fresh smell. Now that they'e cured some, it still has a tiny hint of the apple smell, but mostly a juicy fruit/citrus smell to the buds. They are sticky and curing very nicely at the moment.

I have only vaped these so far, but they taste fantastic in the vaporizer. I prefer the flavor over any strain I've grown so far. It's an interesting mix of earthy, sage, citrus/sweet. Very pleasing taste to vape, and even better than the Blueberry from my last grow.

Overall, both my wife and I agree that this is the best medicine we've grown both in terms of overall appeal, potency, taste and effect. Really a great plant - autoflower or not! :)

Last, but not least -- thank you all for participating in my grow journal, as well as the help and friendship along the way.

I am germinating a few seeds as we speak and I will start another journal soon. I will be testing the new Flo N Gro hydro system I got earlier in the summer but haven't used yet. I will most likely growing a couple of Skywalkers, and a couple of Lucy's. Might throw either a Lavender or a Sativa of some sort in the mix, too... Anyway - would love to have you in my new journal once it's up and running. :)

The End... For now! Moderators please feel free to move to completed journals. :Namaste:

Xlr8!!

Awesome journal my friend, one of my favorites so far, astounding job of a grow. Can't get any better results than this, well not by much anyways.:thumb::goodjob::bongrip::welldone::peacetwo::yummy::peace:

Back
Top Bottom