X Marks the Spot - XLR8's Big Bang Auto Hydro Grow 2011

Hey X! Well crap man sorry ive been away so long! Awesome grow and harvest though!! :adore::bravo::high-five: Id say the Lucy and Skywalker both get my votes! See you when you get back buddy!

:thanks: Jango - no worries. I know how life goes. This is the first time I've been on here in over a week, and that's just how it goes sometimes.

I'm thrilled with the harvest and results -- thanks for the props. :high-five:

It sounds like people are liking my initial thoughts - Skywalker and Lucy. So, how can I go wrong with them? Thanks for weighing in, and nice to see you around again.

Oh....My....God....
Dude, 4.7!!!??? WTF!?
It's all been said already, but I'll ad my congratulations on an epic haul! Especially for only one indoor AUTO!
You've reall set the bar my friend, I mean that. I cant wait to see your next adventure!

I really hope all is well with you brother, health and otherwise. Get at me whenever you're back around!

Thanks Quix - Sure made me smile to read your post. I'm thrilled with the outcome, and it sure does seem like a successful haul to me too.

I have been dealing with some fairly serious health issues, but everything is looking positive at the moment, and I'm on the path to recovery so far. Helps having a lot of support both at home and from my friends - including friends here like you Quix. :thanks:

Hi Quix! :)
Our Buddy is gone for a while and I'm kinda keeping his journal alive with Mr. Krip's help.:high-five: That plant was a real eye opener as for as autos go. :Namaste:

:thanks: OMM and Mr. Krip (and all of my friends here!) It was nice seeing some posts happen here while I was away, sure made a smile come to my face. :)

You said it my friend! I've definitely changed my view of autos, and am actually considering some for a future run!

:)

Oh and X, Skywalker is one bad ass strain, definitely go with that one!...And Lucy is always a fav around here!

Quix - I think you summed up my thoughts entirely. Seems hard to go wrong with those 2 strains, from what I can tell... :)

Since XLR8 is away for a few days, I thought we'd all take another look at that beautiful auto of his:

We miss you, Bro!

Thanks for re-posting those pictures, Mr. Krip. :high-five:

I missed you guys too. Sure glad to be back and feeling a bit better again.

Phenominal. Let's all smoke down in honor of X and his wicked grow!

:bongrip:

Super cool! I've been dealing with health stuff and it's kept me away from the herb and a whole lot of other stuff, so it was actually pretty cool for you guys to smoke one in my honor! :high-five:

I feel blessed to have found such great friends here. :)

Now, I'm a little bit better and I think I shall vape one in all of your honor, okay - two:

:bong: :bong:

hey xlr, I just received my bloombox, about a week and a bit into veg and I already turned on the pump and pump override switch at the back..but it looks the the auto watering system is over-watering my little seedlings :( should I just hang in there? or jturn off the switch at the back, unplug the pump, drain the res and hand water for another week or so?

Hi Mastershuffle - Glad you dropped by. That's a really nice machine you have, and you can definitely grow some terrific medicine with one of those. I have a fair knowledge of your system and would be glad to help as much as I can whenever you need it, so don't be shy about asking questions. :)

Hmm. Hard to say without pictures, but... Here are a couple of thoughts and a question or two. First, what kind of medium are you using in the netpots? Rockwool? Hydroton? The better I understand that, the better I may be able to help.

I've always started my seeds in rapid rooter plugs, and then transferred those seeds into a net-cup with hydroton in it. Hydroton drains pretty well, and because of that I've found that I can use the automatic drippers for watering fairly soon.

I've not used it, but I believe rockwool holds water longer, and you may want to wait a bit longer into development before using the drippers to water. You definitely want to avoid over-watering if possible.

Couple more questions: Exactly how large are your seedlings? How many true sets of leaves, how tall? - pictures would help some if you were comfortable posting them or sending them to me via PM.

Also, what is the timing of your drippers automatically watering? How does that compare to when the lights are on or off? For example, I used to have mine set-up so lights came on at 10pm, watering came on from 12am-12:05am, and again at 5am-5:05am, then lights went off again at 10am (during flowering). Once roots are in the reservoir, this process is really more about keeping salts cleaned out of your medium as the roots are constantly feeding from the reservoir.

Now, I'd advise having the drippers unplugged until you are ready to stop hand watering, but having the reservoir bubbling just barely underneath your net pots can encourage the roots to go down and seek the moist oxygenated solution (so I sometimes have the reservoir bubbling beneath even if I'm hand watering from above, if that makes sense).

Hope some of this helps, and if you let me know a few more details/pics I might be able to help more. At least I'll do my best! :goodluck: X

Hi all -

I know I've dropped bits and pieces of information about this lately and have been a little vague about leaving for personal reasons a bit. Well, it's been health related, and I've had to deal with some fairly serious, non life-threatening medical stuff. I don't like getting into it all here, but I'm on my way to recovery, things look optimistic, and I'm feeling a bit better at the moment than I have in a week or two. So.... that's all good.

I'm still pretty incapacitated, but I'm hoping to grow something again soon when I can. In the mean time, I'm most definitely a ways below 100%. So, please bear with me as it will take a while to get caught up on peoples journals. I'm only going to be able to pop in a little at a time for now until things come a bit farther with my health.

Just wanted to let you know that everything's going really well on my way to recovery, and that I appreciate the well-wishes and good vibes - I felt them when I needed them, even when I wasn't checking in here -- if that makes sense. :thanks: everyone, sincerely!

:circle-of-love:

Hi Mastershuffle - Glad you dropped by. That's a really nice machine you have, and you can definitely grow some terrific medicine with one of those. I have a fair knowledge of your system and would be glad to help as much as I can whenever you need it, so don't be shy about asking questions. :)

Hmm. Hard to say without pictures, but... Here are a couple of thoughts and a question or two. First, what kind of medium are you using in the netpots? Rockwool? Hydroton? The better I understand that, the better I may be able to help.

I've always started my seeds in rapid rooter plugs, and then transferred those seeds into a net-cup with hydroton in it. Hydroton drains pretty well, and because of that I've found that I can use the automatic drippers for watering fairly soon.

I've not used it, but I believe rockwool holds water longer, and you may want to wait a bit longer into development before using the drippers to water. You definitely want to avoid over-watering if possible.

Couple more questions: Exactly how large are your seedlings? How many true sets of leaves, how tall? - pictures would help some if you were comfortable posting them or sending them to me via PM.

Also, what is the timing of your drippers automatically watering? How does that compare to when the lights are on or off? For example, I used to have mine set-up so lights came on at 10pm, watering came on from 12am-12:05am, and again at 5am-5:05am, then lights went off again at 10am (during flowering). Once roots are in the reservoir, this process is really more about keeping salts cleaned out of your medium as the roots are constantly feeding from the reservoir.

Now, I'd advise having the drippers unplugged until you are ready to stop hand watering, but having the reservoir bubbling just barely underneath your net pots can encourage the roots to go down and seek the moist oxygenated solution (so I sometimes have the reservoir bubbling beneath even if I'm hand watering from above, if that makes sense).

Hope some of this helps, and if you let me know a few more details/pics I might be able to help more. At least I'll do my best! :goodluck: X

wow you know your shit and then some, I totally understand what you mean and I have pics to show too :) and I believe my watering is set from 6:45-6:50 and 4:20-4:25 and the lights come on and 6 am and go off at 12 midnight

IMG_21362.JPG

IMG_21372.JPG

Glad to see you back xlr8 :bravo:

Take your time recovering Buddy......as you can see.....everyone just waited for you to come back. That's another way of saying we will still be here no matter how long it takes. :circle-of-love:

wow you know your shit and then some, I totally understand what you mean and I have pics to show too :) and I believe my watering is set from 6:45-6:50 and 4:20-4:25 and the lights come on and 6 am and go off at 12 midnight

IMG_21362.JPG

IMG_21372.JPG

Heya Mastershuffle!

Just my opinion, but those don't look too bad at all. Good color, and the new leaves look nice and healthy.

I have zero experience with rockwool, but they do hold water well from all accounts. Once the roots are through both rockwool cubes I think you can probably just let the auto-water drippers do their thing without question. Me personally, I'd wait until then to auto water - but maybe someone with more rockwool experience could help with that better.

Personally, I believe good root development is key first. Hand watering only when they need it will promote better root development faster.

Good news is that they look healthy enough in those pictures, so I see nothing to be too worried about as long as you're getting good root development. New growth looks perfect, so you may want to stick with what you've been doing. :goodluck:

Glad to see you back xlr8 :bravo:

Take your time recovering Buddy......as you can see.....everyone just waited for you to come back. That's another way of saying we will still be here no matter how long it takes. :circle-of-love:

Simply awesome. Thanks doesn't cut it! :)

Yes sir X, like I always say brother, just get around when you're able! Your health and comfort are more important than posting here. I know this is a lifestyle, but it comes second my friend. Sending you healing vibes, and wishes for a speedy recovery!!

Hey my friend, take it easy and just spend some time gettin well, no need to cause yourself any more stress. We will all be here:circle-of-love: supporting your return to good health. God bless and PEEEEAAAAACCCCCEEEE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom