X Marks the Spot - XLR8's Big Bang Auto Hydro Grow 2011

I have never grown a auto strain except for a freebie that forgot she was a auto. It still turned out good weed but auto strains is not something I look for. Nice grow and nice nugs.

Thanks Mr Smith!

I'm planning on using the Titan Flo N Gro system on my next grow (basically Ebb N Gro but a little different buckets). So far I've only done DWC variations, so I'm wondering if I can tap you for advice now and then once I make the switch (next grow)?

I'm a huge fan of your grows and I know you have grown some beauties with the Ebb N Gro buckets. (I'm loving the aeroponic system you have now, btw). I've already bookmarked a page of yours where you explain your flood cycles and timing...

Appreciate you checking out my grow, and :thanks: again for the kudos!

Wasn't kind words,,,, was fact's. Good Grow.. One day I'll really try to get into some hydro. I can see some good in it. How's the smoke? The flavor's? I noticed the few hydro's I've done were Strong they just lacked that hashy, dirty, musk smells. Hey you did great inside and if ever given the chance you should fair well on a outdoors grow. One thing I can't ever stress enough about outside, is how far you wanna commit. Pot size dictates plant size. Some using 200 gallon pots. Scary to me. What wood I do with 16 x 200 gallons waste dirt? JK Keep em Green

Sorry I'm so late xlr8 :smokin:

What fine job you did all the way through.....you adapted to your changing environment, a good grower does that! You proved that there are some worthy autos out there too. In fact I was astonished by her. She sure paid you back for such good care. Congratulations 10 fold! :bravo:

:party:

XL,

When are you starting the next grow? :)

Well, I am definately impressed! I read back the last few pages and got caught up where I left off... amazing! 4.7oz... wow. I really think that this Big Bang has some big potential. :)
You had a great journal that was very discrpitive and was a pleasure to follow.
My hat is off to ya.
Enjoy the bud, I will be watching for your next journal. :)

Peace bro.

Jonny

Thanks a ton brother! :high-five:

You have no idea how many times I use your last journal as an example for how to Scrog. Whenever someone asks me about scrogging I have them check out your journal or send them a picture of your plant. True story!

The BBAuto nugs do look really nice as far as bag appeal. They are so covered in trichomes it makes them look a really pretty light green in person. The pictures are nice, but they don't quite do them justice still.

Nice to see you around my friend!

Haha, you're too kind man.

I'm hoping to be around more often, maybe even start a journal again next go around.

What's your plans for the next grow? I need to get an early seat. :yummy:

:peace:

Wasn't kind words,,,, was fact's. Good Grow.. One day I'll really try to get into some hydro. I can see some good in it. How's the smoke? The flavor's? I noticed the few hydro's I've done were Strong they just lacked that hashy, dirty, musk smells. Hey you did great inside and if ever given the chance you should fair well on a outdoors grow. One thing I can't ever stress enough about outside, is how far you wanna commit. Pot size dictates plant size. Some using 200 gallon pots. Scary to me. What wood I do with 16 x 200 gallons waste dirt? JK Keep em Green

I haven't had any soil grown weed in so long, I really can't tell you how they compare as far as flavor anymore. I think the flavor is fantastic on what I've been growing, but I vape most things now, too, and I've never vaped soil grown weed.

I love those videos where they are walking through large gardens with 7-10 foot monsters planted like corn in long rows. They measure their plant harvests in lbs instead of oz. Crazy!

Good tip on the size of the pot. Makes sense. I'm definitely going with 200 gallon pots if I go outside. Go big or go home, right?! :yahoo:

Sorry I'm so late xlr8 :smokin:

What fine job you did all the way through.....you adapted to your changing environment, a good grower does that! You proved that there are some worthy autos out there too. In fact I was astonished by her. She sure paid you back for such good care. Congratulations 10 fold! :bravo:

:party:

:thanks: OMM -

For your support, for your friendship and for setting the bar high on having a grow journal. :high-five:

I can't wait to get the mini-matterhorn really crammed full of plants. Now that I feel good about being able to control the light, temps and humidity the way I want, I can't wait to fill it up!!

Now to go take a monster vape hit, and forget my name. :)

:bong:

XL,

When are you starting the next grow? :)

I've got some personal stuff to take care of in the near future that will keep me from being able to grow anything for a little while, but I'm hoping to start something in a few weeks or so. Sooner if I can, but it might be a few weeks. :)

I will also most likely be away from the forums most of, if not all of next week. I'm going to miss you guys!

Well, I am definately impressed! I read back the last few pages and got caught up where I left off... amazing! 4.7oz... wow. I really think that this Big Bang has some big potential. :)
You had a great journal that was very discrpitive and was a pleasure to follow.
My hat is off to ya.
Enjoy the bud, I will be watching for your next journal. :)

Peace bro.

Jonny

Thanks Jonny. I really appreciate that. You seem to really have the non-auto version down. Can't wait to see how your numbers come in for your current harvest. You're probably trimming it up right now is my guess. :yummy:

I'm hoping to start something going in a few weeks at the latest, but I need to take a little break in the meantime. I'm going to try something new - an Ebb n Gro style grow with the new Titan Flo N Gro system. 4 gallon buckets. Would love to have you subbed to it - I have great respect for your grow skills and knowledge. :high-five:

XLR8, sorry you're gonna be away for a while & we'll miss you, too, Bro! :circle-of-love:

Don't worry, we'll keep your journal active while you're away! :)

Luckily, you pulled enough off the one auto that you can take a few weeks off and not worry about it! :thumb:

I hope all goes well for you!

Haha, you're too kind man.

I'm hoping to be around more often, maybe even start a journal again next go around.

What's your plans for the next grow? I need to get an early seat. :yummy:

:peace:

If you start another journal I'm in for sure. I wasn't just being kind -- I really have been pimping your scrog photos/journal to show people what a scrog is all about. For example, check out "Sqwheels" journal from sometime about a week ago, and you'll see a picture of your scrogged plant - I used it as an example when explaining Scrog vs Sog vs LST. :)

I'm hoping 3 weeks or so on another journal. Need to take a break until then to take care of some personal matters. Would love to have you tag along, brother! :high-five:

Oh, and I'm planning on test driving Blue Planet nutrients for my next grow. (Thanks Blue Planet!) Should be interesting!

You did justice to those ladies brother. Seems you teased out every tasty nug available to produce a very worthy harvest. Most excellant. Now enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Thanks GMT. Indeed I will my friend, indeed I will.... errrrr indeed I am... :bong:

XLR8, sorry you're gonna be away for a while & we'll miss you, too, Bro! :circle-of-love:

Don't worry, we'll keep your journal active while you're away! :)

Luckily, you pulled enough off the one auto that you can take a few weeks off and not worry about it! :thumb:

I hope all goes well for you!

Thanks man - I appreciate that a lot Mr. K. I'll post again as soon as I'm able - you can be pretty certain it'll be hard to keep me away too long.

I'm totally thrilled to have had that kind of harvest - I was really disappointed with the yield on my last harvest, and the harvest before I lost some to mold due to a brain-fart. This made up for all that, and it couldn't have been more unexpected for me. :yahoo:

Thanks man - I appreciate that a lot Mr. K. I'll post again as soon as I'm able - you can be pretty certain it'll be hard to keep me away too long.

I'm totally thrilled to have had that kind of harvest - I was really disappointed with the yield on my last harvest, and the harvest before I lost some to mold due to a brain-fart. This made up for all that, and it couldn't have been more unexpected for me. :yahoo:

Summer experiment huh? :yahoo:

That was a hell of a one plant grow...one to remember! :Namaste:

Not to worry..as Mr. Krip said we'll keep it going until your back. :high-five:

Summer experiment huh? :yahoo:

That was a hell of a one plant grow...one to remember! :Namaste:

Not to worry..as Mr. Krip said we'll keep it going until your back. :high-five:

Thanks OMM

There was a point earlier in the grow where I was getting a decent following considering it was one auto-flower plant -- All I could think of as the pages added up some was: "what if this little auto dies, is a dud or yields poor, what a let down that would be!" As a result, I'm pretty relieved she was a good one. :)

Oh, and thanks for holding down the fort - you too Mr. Krip! :high-five:

Thanks OMM

There was a point earlier in the grow where I was getting a decent following considering it was one auto-flower plant -- All I could think of as the pages added up some was: "what if this little auto dies, is a dud or yields poor, what a let down that would be!" As a result, I'm pretty relieved she was a good one. :)

Oh, and thanks for holding down the fort - you too Mr. Krip! :high-five:

I love it! We all do it! What if blow this grow? If it happens I'll go hide somewhere! :yahoo:

Hi everyone!

I will be away for a few days, maybe longer, while I attend with some personal matters - but I will be back as soon as I can! Meanwhile, I'm thinking about the future. After much consideration, I think I will most likely grow 4 plants next time. At least that's the plan! Here are the strains I'm considering most heavily:

• Lucy (Mazar/Skunk)
  • Skywalker
  • Lavender
  • Afghan Kush
  • Humboldt
  • Exodus Cheese

Honestly, I'm leaning toward a mix of Lucy and Skywalker for this next grow, but thought I'd throw out all the strains I've been considering. The only one I'm completely set on at the moment is Lucy. ;)

See you all again when I can -- X

Back
Top Bottom