XLR8's BCNL Mixed Strain Hydro Grow 2011

Final pictures of Ms. Blueberry before harvest:

april_22_blueberry.jpg

april_22_blueberry2.jpg

april_22_blueberry3.jpg

april_22_blueberry4.jpg

april_22_blueberry6.jpg

:rip: :bong: :)

Congrats my friend, great job and what beautiful buds!

That trim was done very clean, great pics too!

Time for some blueberry pie.... or just smoke your blueberry and eat a bunch of pie, you choose :rofl:

:goodjob:

WOW!!! Great job, XLR8!!! :bravo:

Very nice buds!!! :yummy:

Until they were trimmed, I didn't realize how much purple you had in there. Those buds look gorgeous and are definately NOTM material!
:welldone:

RIP blueberry you sure went out in spectacular fashion!

I haven't been by the contests lately but I hope you're going to enter her in the POTM & BOTM contests bro... :thumb:

Thanks so much, Bluedog. She's in the POTM, but not representing, lol. Because of the confined space and it being in hydro it's really difficult to get a good representation of whole plant from a photo. That's okay - contests aren't really what it's about for me. I might enter a nug from her in the NOTM at some point - we'll see.

I really appreciate the kind words and the time you've spent following my grow, Blue - first class all the way brother. :thanks:

:peacetwo:

Pretty, pretty buds man...nice color...very pretty..great work!!

:Namaste:

Thanks Giantsfan - she definitely had great color, pretty buds, and she is killer smoke. Very euphoric early on and comfortably numb the rest of the way. Love it! I really appreciate the kudos, and the time you've taken to check out and follow my grow. :thumb:

Very nice job Xlr8

extremely very nice indeed.

But how is it that,

when you got green thumbs...

You end up with purple weed? :) :ganjamon:

Haha - I love it! Thanks a lot BassPlayer. Now if I only had your skills when it comes to homemade grow tents and systems, I'd REALLY have something.

I appreciate the clever compliment and it's been awesome having you follow my grow, brother! :thanks:

Congrats my friend, great job and what beautiful buds!

That trim was done very clean, great pics too!

Time for some blueberry pie.... or just smoke your blueberry and eat a bunch of pie, you choose :rofl:

Well, I did smoke Blueberry and eat a bunch of pie yesterday! True story! I am planning on making some "Blueberry" blueberry muffins at some point when my shake/trim is all dry.

Thanks for the props on the trim and the pics. Appreciate it greatly, my friend! You've definitely got some beautiful buds going too, Dime. That CFL fixture has really produced!

:thanks:

Hey Buddy! :thumb:

Plain old beautiful plant, and what beautiful buds. :yummy:

Of course all captured in beautiful pictures! :Rasta:

Ah the smell of Blueberrys.:party:

Congrates! Big Time!:thumb:

:thanks: OMM!

She was a pretty plant - and she definitely put out some fine looking buds. I was a bit disappointed in yield (don't have dried numbers, yet).

I was also a bit fooled by her in that the plant behind her was much bigger and had limited the blueberry much more than I thought. Space was so cramped, it was really difficult to tell how she'd yield. I'm guessing about 2z - but that's a poor harvest for me compared to last few grows.

On the plus side - really, really great smoke. It's even helped so much with some of my pain issues that this is the best I've felt physically in weeks. I can't tell you how huge that is for me right now.

OMM - you've been such a great supportive presence in my grow. I truly appreciate it - :thanks:

WOW!!! Great job, XLR8!!! :bravo:

Very nice buds!!! :yummy:

Until they were trimmed, I didn't realize how much purple you had in there. Those buds look gorgeous and are definately NOTM material!
:welldone:

:thanks: Mr. K! she was a 10 on the prettiness scale. Nearly a 10 on the quality of the high, too. Not a big yield, unfortunately, but great smoke.

I appreciate you checking in and thanks a ton for following along this entire grow buddy. :thumb:

Well everything is still drying with the Blueberry plant, and it was pretty weak, yield-wise. The good news is that it doesn't look like it ever really seeded itself (if so, it will be minor). She liked to occasionally throw a male flower, but I kept up pretty well through most of the grow... however...

The bad news: she seems to have got the bagseed plant (Missy) good. Missy ends up being a much bigger plant than I thought she was, but she's not producing good size buds at all, and many of them look pollinated (F*&$#@$#*ck!!!)

The only upside to Missy is that, though the buds are small and seeded, there are a LOT of them. I did try a test bud and Missy was definitely strong, seeded or not.

I made a decision when the Blueberry hermied some that I'd keep her, so I'm living with those consequences I guess. This is the first (probably last) time I'll keep a hermie in my grow. Too much work and hassle.

I managed to save the Blueberry, but screwed up the other plant because she was just starting to get nice and fertile when I was no longer able to see all the possible male flowers on the Blueberry. I really needed the herb, and didn't want to be left with nothing but the bagseed - so that's what I got. I'm done with bagseed and hermies, now!

Time to stick with good genetics so that I don't care if I end up losing one now and then due to an occasional hermie, etc. Well, I might care a little...

One last thing - I'm feeling pretty bad about the lack of time I've been able to spend visiting other journals lately, but I can't wait to see what you all have going on! I feel so blessed to have so many awesome growers and such supportive people taking the time to hang out and comment in my journal.

:thanks: everyone!! Best community in the world.

Well everything is still drying with the Blueberry plant, and it was pretty weak, yield-wise. The good news is that it doesn't look like it ever really seeded itself (if so, it will be minor). She liked to occasionally throw a male flower, but I kept up pretty well through most of the grow... however...

The bad news: she seems to have got the bagseed plant (Missy) good. Missy ends up being a much bigger plant than I thought she was, but she's not producing good size buds at all, and many of them look pollinated (F*&$#@$#*ck!!!)

The only upside to Missy is that, though the buds are small and seeded, there are a LOT of them. I did try a test bud and Missy was definitely strong, seeded or not.

I made a decision when the Blueberry hermied some that I'd keep her, so I'm living with those consequences I guess. This is the first (probably last) time I'll keep a hermie in my grow. Too much work and hassle.

I managed to save the Blueberry, but screwed up the other plant because she was just starting to get nice and fertile when I was no longer able to see all the possible male flowers on the Blueberry. I really needed the herb, and didn't want to be left with nothing but the bagseed - so that's what I got. I'm done with bagseed and hermies, now!

Time to stick with good genetics so that I don't care if I end up losing one now and then due to an occasional hermie, etc. Well, I might care a little...

One last thing - I'm feeling pretty bad about the lack of time I've been able to spend visiting other journals lately, but I can't wait to see what you all have going on! I feel so blessed to have so many awesome growers and such supportive people taking the time to hang out and comment in my journal.

:thanks: everyone!! Best community in the world.

Hi xlr8 :)

Sorry to hear your disappointed with the way things went. Your still going to get some good smoke, Just not what you envisioned in yield.

Your summary said it all and you've learned a few things, that will help in future grows, so all is not lost. Actually, I think you've done well given all the circumstances you faced. :surf:

Back
Top Bottom