New Grower Using a BCNL Producer

Re: New Grower that is using a BCNL Producer

BTW, when i start a grow I generally start 4 or 5 seeds and then I select the healthiest, tallest one. Then I veg that plant until it's 18" tall and I start taking cuttings for clones. If I am planning to grow 15 plants, I will take 20 cuttings (assuming they don't all make it). 2 weeks into vegging these cutting I will take one and move it to a bloom setup. Ideally after two weeks I will have 19 clones that are 4 weeks old and 1 clone in the bloom setup that will be showing sex. If it's a female, I know I've got a good mother and 19 clones. If it's male, I just saved myself alot of time and I can start again.

This would likely be a better path to take it you plan on producing 10+ plants. By using clones, you are guarateeing exact genetic copies of your mother and they will produce consitent results.

BTW, in terms of grow methods rockwool is probably the second hardest. It's generally a transition grow medium for people who have grown in dirt and would like to move towards hydroponics. It generally does not require alot of equipment: pumps, resevoirs, air pumps/stones, etc etc - but is is harder than DWC or ebb & flow. Definitely give the rockwool another shot, but if you have the extra cash you may wish to try DWC. It's intensely easy and relatively cheap with a good reputation for producing decent yields. I'm a huge DWC fanboy. lol

Cheer, RM

Dude im really sorry for your girls getting all moldy... I really dont know why that happened ......Just keep trying and look at other journals in here that have the same type of grow you have going and see how they do it...good luck i'll be checking in from time to time...

Thanks for the input!

Well High there!! I hear your having a hard time with your first grow! Not to worry my friend, come read my journal and look what my first plant has gone through to get where she is today! She is in the plant of the month contest nad about 1 more week to harvest! Please come by my journal I think it's the right kind of thing you need right now! the link is in my signature it's the "Live & Learn" quote! Just click on it and it will take you there... Please comment after you look through it.... I am sending all my positive energy to you and your grow!! Keep it up and remember.. like I was told, Its a WEED they are really hard to kill!! :peace:

Thanks for the energy! Really been needing it but I will get back at it! I will check your journal out by the end of the day and comment! Thanks for stopping by my jounal. Stay posted!!

scrap these plants. they look terrible. I think you need to retry on a smaller scale to save some seeds.

First off don't waste the large rockwool cubes on seed starting. You should take a single rockwool plug 1.5" x 1.5" x 2" approx size and follow these instructions;

1.) put some tap water in a shot glass
2.) drop in 1 seed
3.) wait 12 hours
4.) drop the seed into the dry rockwool/grodan starter plug
NOTE: if you smoke cigarettes, wear a latex glove whenever handling a seed or clone. nicotine will dmage these plants.
5.) water the rockwool/grodan plug until thoroughly saturated
6.) place the grodan cube in a warm place with no dome and put a ingle cfl 12 inches above the plant. Light should remain on 24/7
7.) wait 4 days
8.) water the grodan cube
9.) when the seedling sprouts the second and third set of fan leaves (first set are tear drop shaped sun leaves) place the rockwool plug in the larger rockwool cube and add your drip line
10.) place the plant under 24/7 HID or CFL lighting with a minium 2500+ lumens/sqft

From looking at your photos, something is terribly wrong with your setup. All these plants died hideously. You should step back and master sprouting a single seed before you attempt to try multiple seeds. It may take you a few tries but if you follow the above instructions, you should be fairly succesful. At no time before you move them to the larger grow cube, should you use any nutrients at all. ZERO. When the seedlings move into the main grow setup, you should only add 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutes for the first week.

I urge you to try this with 1 or 2 seeds and really master it before trying to attempt a full grow. Cheers, RM

RM. thanks so much for the advice. I will be following this recipe for my next shot! Waiting for seeds to arrive and I will only be trying 1-2 seeds so that I don't continue to waste money on them! They become expensive! They will be feminized again. And I will be checking out your journal as within the next two weeks, I will be soaking my brain in all this knowledge from 420 members!!!!

Everyone, THANK YOU for the support! It is greatly appreciated! Everyone will see me more active in the forums. I will be posting and asking alot of questions so please don't mind!

On another note, I think one my plants has made it and I will continue on with this one plant for now. I will learn from her and make my mistakes on her so stay posted! Once again, Thanks!

RM. thanks so much for the advice. I will be following this recipe for my next shot! Waiting for seeds to arrive and I will only be trying 1-2 seeds so that I don't continue to waste money on them! They become expensive! They will be feminized again. And I will be checking out your journal as within the next two weeks, I will be soaking my brain in all this knowledge from 420 members!!!!

Yeah, if you prefer seed it's not a bad idea to let a crop go to seed first so you can get a pile of seeds together. Personally I prefer clones. It's wierd. If you take 5 seeds and germinate them, in 10 days you'll likely have 1 unhealthy sprout, 3 average sprouts, and 1 that is twice as large as the rest. that's usually how it seems to work out.

Personally I never tried femenized seeds. They seem so expensive for what you get and from what I've read they have lower germination rates.

Yeah, if you prefer seed it's not a bad idea to let a crop go to seed first so you can get a pile of seeds together. Personally I prefer clones. It's wierd. If you take 5 seeds and germinate them, in 10 days you'll likely have 1 unhealthy sprout, 3 average sprouts, and 1 that is twice as large as the rest. that's usually how it seems to work out.

Personally I never tried femenized seeds. They seem so expensive for what you get and from what I've read they have lower germination rates.

Well I can tell you that all of my feminized seeds sprouted. Maybe just a good company. And if I can get my hand on clones, I would. But Seeds is what I can get right now.

BTW, I was looking back through your pics and I assume you are going to try using rockwool again.

One thing worth noting is that you may want to use a tray with deeper grooves at the bottom to facilitate better drainage and attach a drip line. rockwool is notorious for terrible drainage and being susceptible to the same problems you see in dirt grows with overwatering. If you do a drip line, then you should also aerate the resevoir this will get more oxygen to the root even if the rockwool has drainage issues.

Well I can tell you that all of my feminized seeds sprouted. Maybe just a good company. And if I can get my hand on clones, I would. But Seeds is what I can get right now.

Well if you get 1 plant to about 18" tall, you could try your hand at taking clones from it. It's really not that hard and it can be done in those rockwool start plugs pretty easily with some clonex gel, an exacto knife, and some rubbing alcohol.

Everyone, THANK YOU for the support! It is greatly appreciated! Everyone will see me more active in the forums. I will be posting and asking alot of questions so please don't mind!

On another note, I think one my plants has made it and I will continue on with this one plant for now. I will learn from her and make my mistakes on her so stay posted! Once again, Thanks!

So sad to hear of the death of most of your babies. :rip:

I would definetly keep that one going. She's a survivor! You'll be all primed for the new ones when they get going too.

I never have problems with seeds but seem not to do so well with clones so logic dictates that you should excel with clones!

Whenever I'm not sure what to do with a plant I ask myself . . . WWMD? (What Would Mom Do?) She's still got the greenest thumbs I ever saw since grandma died thirty some odd years ago.

You'll do a lot better next time. Just never be afraid to ask questions. There are no dumb questions, just lousy results for not having asked enough!

C'ya L8r.

:peace:

005246.JPG

What do you think? Is she gonna survive?

006213.JPG

What about her?

007215.JPG

She is looking ok.

008212.JPG

009176.JPG

010179.JPG

011159.JPG

013143.JPG

The last five of 18 still standing!

So sad to hear of the death of most of your babies. :rip:

I would definetly keep that one going. She's a survivor! You'll be all primed for the new ones when they get going too.

I never have problems with seeds but seem not to do so well with clones so logic dictates that you should excel with clones!

Whenever I'm not sure what to do with a plant I ask myself . . . WWMD? (What Would Mom Do?) She's still got the greenest thumbs I ever saw since grandma died thirty some odd years ago.

You'll do a lot better next time. Just never be afraid to ask questions. There are no dumb questions, just lousy results for not having asked enough!

C'ya L8r.

Thanks Labrat! :thanks:

maybe try put a cut open soda bottle on them and sticking them under a cfl light for a few days till they get big and healthier. good luck bro

I'd try carefully trimming away the dead parts of the leaves to help stop the spread of the necrosis. I wouldn't cover them again but maybe a fine mist of VERY dilute nutes or Superthrive once or twice a day. The healthy one not so much. Feed it a little of those dilute nutes if it's dry enough and don't put the light as close as when they are healthy. CFLs at 4-6" and no more than one @ 23 watts until they start perking up.

That's what I would do anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom