BCNL Producer & DIY Cabs 3 Strains

Day 49 of 12/12 in the Producer. Buds are still bulking nicely. Although compromises (cal-mag levels) have been made to try to accomodate both strains, there are shortcomings noticeable in the leaves. It doesn't seem to be affecting bud development so I'm not going to count that as a complaint. Yet. Week 8 and Final Phase begin tomorrow.

DSCN13841.JPG
DSC_1464.JPG
DSC_1468.JPG
DSC_1469.JPG
DSC_14701.JPG

Euforia

DSC_14721.JPG
DSC_14751.JPG

White Widow

DSC_1480.JPG
DSC_14781.JPG

Mutation

DSC_1483.JPG
DSC_1487.JPG

Day 56 for the DIY cab. These Euforia are coming down this week. I don't want to risk advancing ripeness too far and losing the current effect. If I had time I'd probably pluck them tomorrow. As you can see I've paid little attention to their posture. They've thrived at the positions they've fallen to. I've only tied one nylon string around them to keep them arranged so they have paths to light. Upon harvest they will be replaced with 2 WW's from the veg cab. I may flower my current mothers and tame 2 WW's taken from my strongest pheno into moms. They're from the last cloning. Now that I have a better handle on trimming and keeping neater moms a fresh start would be helpful. More height control this time around.

A question for those of you familiar with hash making. Do you feel that these two plants would yield enough from the cuttings to bother making bubble hash? Bear in mind I'm really not going to trim the buds real close as the bud leaves are pretty trich-rich.

Oddly, at this stage the smoke is very benign. Little taste or smell on the burn. No expansive effect. But shit, it really is powerful. So far a silent killer.

DSC_1494.JPG
DSC_14981.JPG
DSC_15131.JPG
DSC_1503.JPG
DSC_1515.JPG
DSC_15061.JPG

New batch of clones started today. Tap, 5.8, 73º. Cuttings were soaked in cold tap, then scarified and 45'ed. The goal is to go straight from the cloner to flower. If I need to stall for time I'll just do mild nutes in the cloner.

DSC_1523.JPG

;)

Everything continues to look great, WnF! Fantastic job!

Regarding the hash, I guess it would depend on the amound of trimmings, but I believe about 10% in weight is a fair estimate, so for every 10 grams of trim, you'd get about 1 gram of bubble. Although, with those girls, you may closer to 15% or more! :grinjoint:

Everything looks fabulous, Weed. Congrats and good luck on your Euforia harvest. Really nice buds in those photos - fat, resinous, and picture perfect!

You'll have a lot of trim - should be worth making hash I'd think (but I've not done it yet). You'll be trimming for days, literally! Wait til you see how long it takes just for the Euforia. Then again, I'm a bit OCD when I trim... Over time, I really have grown to dread trimming a bit. Probably just my old creaky bones, lol.

Holy moly! Some serious looking buds. I love the way that bcnl looks all filled u with buds. I forget if ive asked you. Does that come equipped with co2? And if not, have you thought about adding any?

You can definitely tell the loss in weight between the t5 and the HID lights with the euphorias. But the ones under the t5s just look soooo nice and frosty.
Great work man cant wait to see the buds nice and trimmed!

I hope this post finds you all in good health and spirits with bountiful crops! I have to apologize for having gone AWOL suddenly with no mention. We tend to do things impulsively around here when schedules allow, so we did just that and made a run for sun and sand. I sit before you today a casualty of a truly satisfying Caribbean sojourn. We've been back for several days but just now am able to take the time to do an update.

A large debt of gratitude is paid to my dear old friend "The Limit" who tended to things perfectly in our absence. True to form, he asked nothing in return. Therefore he will be getting two of the largest WW & Eu colas from the Producer once cured and ready... tastefully gift wrapped of course.

The Euforia in the DIY were harvested, trimmed and placed in the dryer the day before we left.

The DIY yielded this sheet and another about 1/2 as full. They were harvested on day 60.

DSC_1530.JPG

They spent 8 days in the dryer. Although very effective, it isn't nearly as large as I had hoped. I will be making a larger DIY dryer with screens and a charcoal filter to take up the slack. There is no way this thing will accomodate a full Producer harvest based on the mass I've experienced thus far.

DSC_1572.JPG

The jars are kept in the dark and opened twice daily for air exchange/humidity release, and gentle repositioning. The odor is difficult to describe at this point. It's reminiscent of a teenage girl new to perfume application. Overly sweet and intense and nearly objectionable when paired with the underlying skunk. Like nothing I've ever smelled. Sampling finds it burning evenly. It inhales and holds with little-to-no expansion. Smooth as silk and still fairly weak in taste. The effect is wonderful. 80 head, 20 body.

DSC_1532-C.JPG

My original WW mothers were moved to the DIY cab for further veg recovery from having taken clones. Those began 12/12 yesterday. As you can see I approached the shaping of the 2 moms differently. I wanted to see what served best. Both had done well.

DSC_1600.JPG

I may have jumped the gun a bit on the clones, but at least I won't be waiting on them. They're getting 25% Sensi Grow A&B, and VooDoo Juice. Their roots are well formed and they seem to be eager to get out of there. I hope to get them to a point that will allow me to forego vegging in the Producer.

DSC_1598.JPG

Upon return, I harvested the 4 Euforia in the Producer at day 62. They're now in the dryer. The trimmings are frozen and will go the way of hash as time permits. The mutant was nothing but a hash plant. The bud structure was so dense (broccoli-like) that it quickly became clear that it too was destined for hash.

Cola a few days before the cut.

DSC_1550.JPG

A few buds.

DSC_1574.JPG

These are the last pics of the 9 White Widows with the lights on. They're now in total darkness with pH'ed ice cubes added daily to the res in a gesture to elicit every bit of self preservation from them.

DSC_1562.JPG
DSC_1563.JPG
DSC_1564.JPG
DSC_1584.JPG

This gal's wider than a beer can at it's base.

DSC_1568.JPG

I very much look forward to catching up on all my subbed journals and making personal replies to each of you in the coming days as time eases.
Again, my apology for the quick exit. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom