New Grower Using a BCNL Producer

Re: New Grower that is using a BCNL Producer

I'd try carefully trimming away the dead parts of the leaves to help stop the spread of the necrosis. I wouldn't cover them again but maybe a fine mist of VERY dilute nutes or Superthrive once or twice a day. The healthy one not so much. Feed it a little of those dilute nutes if it's dry enough and don't put the light as close as when they are healthy. CFLs at 4-6" and no more than one @ 23 watts until they start perking up.

That's what I would do anyhow.

:peace:

Agreed. :goodjob:

as long as you get a new leaf set sprouting there's always a chanc eit will survive, but it's gonna add at least 2 weeks to the veg stage assuming that you've figure out what was killing these plants. If I had to guess, I'd put my money on a pH or fert burn problem. You may want to check the roots on a few dead ones to rule out mechanical damage or root rot.

I'd try carefully trimming away the dead parts of the leaves to help stop the spread of the necrosis. I wouldn't cover them again but maybe a fine mist of VERY dilute nutes or Superthrive once or twice a day. The healthy one not so much. Feed it a little of those dilute nutes if it's dry enough and don't put the light as close as when they are healthy. CFLs at 4-6" and no more than one @ 23 watts until they start perking up.

That's what I would do anyhow.

:peace:

I wouldn't bother with trimming. dead leaf spots don't spread. those spots only get larger while the fert burn/nute lock is a problem. After it's corrected the leaves will lose their tips or develop holes and eventually they will yellow completely. A damaged leaf will not remain as a foundation part of the leaf mass. The plant will eventually purge it.

005246.JPG

What do you think? Is she gonna survive?

006213.JPG

What about her?

007215.JPG

She is looking ok.

008212.JPG

009176.JPG

010179.JPG

011159.JPG

013143.JPG

The last five of 18 still standing!

They look like they want to recover. What exactly are you doing different now?

hey dude. i'm sorry to hear about your set-backs. i was there just this past fall. (check my journal if you don't believe me) it's good to see that you've got some that have made it. that larger one in particular looks like she'll do ok. i agree with ragemonkey when he says grow it up and clone it.
i grow my mothers in dirt and clone to rockwool or peat pellets. these go into a DIY DWC setup. the plants in dirt, when mixed properly, are easy to maintain and survive a little more mistreatment. then i can focus more on my little clones. make sure they are healthy and happy.
i'm about to try something new, a misting cloner. it should make cloning much easier.

btw, when you get water from a town or city (unless you live far from civilization) you won't find any algae in the water unless your operator is a moron. the carbon & sand filters in water treatment plants remove the algae. the big issues you need to concern yourself with are Chlorine and Fluoride. these are toxic to plants.

i'm subscribed and watching. good luck brother.

Some of those gals look like they passed your stress test for selective breeding - good job weeding out the weak ones from the batch. ;)

As setting sun asked, are you doing anything differently?

Also, its a little risky, but I have pulled my rock wool cubes apart - in half along the root line a few times to check things after the plants are dead. And you will be able to see clearly what the problem was.

Just so u know ,that PH pen that came with your package is junk,I've had 4 of them,they all gave a different reading,do yourself a favor and throw that thing out. also i was looking at some of your pics and u should of started to veg sooner,I'm on my 5th grow and I don't know it all,, but I my be able to help u.

I use a similar setup from BCNL. I have a suggestion for future grows: ditch the rockwool and start your seeds in rapid rooters. Google or search this site for more info, but I've had great success with rapid rooters and I think they are easier for a new grower than rockwool.

After germination, I start mine in rapid rooter plugs. Within a few days I've usually got at least a tap root showing through the bottom. I then move my humidity dome into the box, and give them ph balanced water until additional roots show through the bottom/sides. During this time I take the dome off for a few minutes each time I check on them so they get used to the outside air. I typically mist them with PH bal water during this time as well.

Once the roots are showing through the rapid rooters I move them to the net pots in the machine, embedding the rapid rooters into hydroton within the net-pots. I've had 100% success with this method so far, and haven't had an unhealthy plant yet (other than some very mild nute burn on tips during my first grow).

"RapidRooter combines composted organic material with plant-derived polymers to provide ideal conditions for beneficial microbes to thrive in the root zone of developing plants. This gives plants a head-start that results in excellent growth potential during the life of the plant."

Good luck, and let me know if I can help with anything - I've gotten pretty comfortable with my BCNL box, and I would be happy to assist if I can.

Almost forgot - make sure if you do go with the rapid rooter/hydroton method -- make sure you rinse the hydroton good first (helps with keeping PH in line, or so I've been told).

Good luck!

Hey everyone. Im back after a few weeks of doing alot of studying and reading alot of journals. I've decided to build a grow room and go with the ebb and grow method! I'm still in construction as we speak but it shouldn't be too long until I'm done. As for the last few remaining plants, I just decided to end it for them and stop their suffering! I am going to try with rapid rooter and hydroton. I should have that up and running within the next few days. Stay tuned. Thanks everyone again for their support.

Hey everyone. Im back after a few weeks of doing alot of studying and reading alot of journals. I've decided to build a grow room and go with the ebb and grow method! I'm still in construction as we speak but it shouldn't be too long until I'm done. As for the last few remaining plants, I just decided to end it for them and stop their suffering! I am going to try with rapid rooter and hydroton. I should have that up and running within the next few days. Stay tuned. Thanks everyone again for their support.

Hey there New Grower - I think you'll have an easier time getting things going with the rapid rooters and hydroton. Can't wait to follow your progress - good luck!

very cool, are you going to start an new journal?

Just so u know ,that PH pen that came with your package is junk,I've had 4 of them,they all gave a different reading,do yourself a favor and throw that thing out. also i was looking at some of your pics and u should of started to veg sooner,I'm on my 5th grow and I don't know it all,, but I my be able to help u.

Milwaukee ph600 is a super reliable inexpensive accurate ph pen. ABout $22

HEY EVERYONE I'M Back!!!! I'm about 95% done with the grow room setup. I decided to go with a 12 pot ebb and grow setup. I have set up two separate rooms: one for flower and one for seeds/veg. I have a 1k air cooled glass enclosed HPS light with hortilux bulb for flower and a 400 watt MH light for my seeds/veg room. I just placed the seeds in water and hopefully when I check tonight, they should have already cracked through. I am doing 10 Nirvana Master Kush feminized seeds and 2 random. I will be placing the seeds in rapid rooter after they crack open. It feels good to be back on the forum and chit chatting again. Once again, I'm looking for all the support from this great community. It is truly a family in here!!! Stay tuned for pics tonight or tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom