BCNL Producer & DIY Cabs 3 Strains

Thank you X! I agree with you about vegging longer. My approach was tempered by the contrast in strains, (planned around the tallest) and trying to avoid an unruly too-tall crop first time out. Played it safe to be sure. In the future I'll use whatever I can learn about a strain's mom growing in veg and hopefully apply that and it's known characteristics to make a better approximation. I'm still kind of fixed on avoiding any veg time after the cloner if possible. Less energy and shorter turn-around are watchwords for me.
Just one more nicety of learning to grow will be in finding ways to make it more efficient with respect to cost and time. I guess saying "dial it in" would have sufficed. :laughtwo:

Inspired by Marley's work, I'm considering making an "insurance" screen that can easily be put in place if things look like they're going to go north. I'm thinking a few well placed 90* aluminum angle brackets supporting a perimeter frame with a screen pre-attached by nylon ties would do it.

Marley definitely has a nice scrog going. I think a screen like that would work well in the Producer. I've seen it done in one - can't remember if it was this site or somewhere else -- (maybe you sent me a link?) Anyway, seems like the Producer would be great for that. Alternatively, I would try about 2" taller in veg. than where you flipped at. My guess is it would fill it right up, but not put you in too much danger with the lights, etc. I'd love to see you try the Scrog - I'll bet it would work fantastic.

Hey WnF what awesome pics!!!

I love looking at closeups of the trichs and buds, they look otherworldly.

Keep them coming bro :bong:

Thanks Blue! With you on the otherworldly thing. I'll try to snap a few whenever the hand is steady enough. :laugh:

Great pics, Wnf! Budacious looking trichs!

I'm assuming those pics are from the Celestron. Was the software you mentioned included with the Celestron?

Thanks Krip! They are from the Celestron and the software is bundled. It's nothing great, but certainly good enough.

Very nice work! :thumb:

Marley definitely has a nice scrog going. I think a screen like that would work well in the Producer. I've seen it done in one - can't remember if it was this site or somewhere else -- (maybe you sent me a link?) Anyway, seems like the Producer would be great for that. Alternatively, I would try about 2" taller in veg. than where you flipped at. My guess is it would fill it right up, but not put you in too much danger with the lights, etc. I'd love to see you try the Scrog - I'll bet it would work fantastic.

Yeah, Marley certainly does make that plant look like many. I ran into that Producer scrog grow too but can't recall where. You're right about the additional 2" in veg. That's the height I'll be shooting for next round. Between that and healthy clones that airspace up top should be lesser.
As for your suggestion of scgrogging... it's not ruled out, I just won;t attempt it until I gain more experience. Actually, I'd like to get a good baseline from standard use before I change methods.

Day 35 in the Producer and the frosting is advancing nicely. Tomorrow's res change (week 6) will include the 1st of 2 weeks of Overdrive. Buds have put on good weight this past week. The odor continues becoming stronger but it's contained within the room. Thankfully.

DSC_1166.JPG
DSC_1172.JPG
DSC_1173.JPG

DSC_1185.JPG
DSC_1203.JPG

DSC_1179.JPG

DSC_1191.JPG
DSC_1189.JPG
DSC_1192.JPG

Mutant

DSC_1187.JPG
DSC_11991.JPG

DIY
I love watching these Euforia grow! Always something different going on. This is one lovely plant.
Day 42 (week7). Last week of Overdrive. They're getting thicker with more orange hair and I've seen about a dozen amber-balled trichs, though I think they're just odd exceptions.

DSC_1213.JPG
DSC_12151.JPG
DSC_12161.JPG
DSC_1219.JPG
DSC_12231.JPG
DSC_1225.JPG
DSC_1244.JPG
DSC_12491.JPG
DSC_12481.JPG
DSC_12391.JPG
DSC_1231.JPG

Average trichome length (according to the doubtfully accurate measuring convention) is about 80nm. These pics were taken stationary with the scope in it's mount. They're of a sample bud. It's going to be a great night. ;)

Image80.jpg
Image811.jpg
Image821.jpg
Image83.jpg
Image84.jpg
Image85.jpg
Image86.jpg
Image89.jpg
Image90.jpg
Image911.jpg
Image93.jpg
Image96.jpg
Image921.jpg
Image94.jpg
Image95.jpg
Image97.jpg

Beautiful plants and awesome pics bro, great job all around!

I was reading this on my droid and somehow ended up on your DIY sulphur burner thread, did you just create that? How's it working for you so far? I think I'd like to try that myself. :peace:

Great job, WnF! :welldone:

Plants look awesome and I love the trich pics! Funny that you mention the amber exceptions...I thought I had about 10% amber trichs a week or so ago, then when I checked the last couple of times under the new scope, there were no amber. Then I realized the difference...The first time, I checked under the LED lights, and I'm now sure the red LED's were causing some of the trichs to appear amber! :)

So, are you still planning on harvesting in two weeks? What's your plan for drying? Also, what's your impression, after only a week, of the Overdrive?

Really looking great, Bro!
:thumb:

Beautiful plants and awesome pics bro, great job all around!

I was reading this on my droid and somehow ended up on your DIY sulphur burner thread, did you just create that? How's it working for you so far? I think I'd like to try that myself. :peace:

I appreciate that Blue, thanks. The burner was late January I think. It worked fine for me. I think I did 4 burns. Some lingering sulphur odor for a while, but a price gladly paid. Thankfully there hasn't been a recurrence of the white plague since. It was very easy to make and I'm certain there's 1000 other ways to do it. Those happened to be the parts on hand though.

Hoping you never need it.

Great job, WnF! :welldone:

Plants look awesome and I love the trich pics! Funny that you mention the amber exceptions...I thought I had about 10% amber trichs a week or so ago, then when I checked the last couple of times under the new scope, there were no amber. Then I realized the difference...The first time, I checked under the LED lights, and I'm now sure the red LED's were causing some of the trichs to appear amber! :)

So, are you still planning on harvesting in two weeks? What's your plan for drying? Also, what's your impression, after only a week, of the Overdrive?

Really looking great, Bro!
:thumb:

Thanks very much Mr Krip! Yeah, when checking the trichs I'm going to only draw conclusions on the ones that have the right lighting and contrast, but I'm sure they'll make themselves evident. Good point there.

Harvesting. I'm going to stay faithful to the BCNL menu, but remain open to a longer period if necessary. I'll adapt when/if the indicators are delayed.

Drying will be done with the BCNL Dryer that came with the package. It's a fan ventilated box (same quality and materials as the Producer) with screen shelving and a carbon filter.

I'll begin with a trim, then hang them in the dark for as long as it takes for the remaining triched leaves to fall over them... then move them (minimal handling) to the dryer until the stems snap. After that, curing for 2-3 months or until good aroma and smoke are present.

Overdrive. If last weeks coloration changes and drooping of the plants under the weight of the buds is a result of it... I'm sold. Ask me a gain in a year when I've got more experience. Just started Overdrive in the Producer today at week 6.

Hey Weed - put me and Kripster in your Will, huh? We'll take whatever you'll give us, but that Producer and Dryer are both high on our list of wants/needs. Sure hope nothing ever happens to you, but if it does someday it'd sure be nice to think that the Producer and Dryer have a good home, wouldn't it? Love, X and Mr. Krip

P.S. We'll take good care of it all, promise!

P.P.S - Mr. K - hope you don't mind me including you in this... :)

P.P.P.S - May you live long and prosper plenty first!!

P.P.P.P... ( whatever) Just noticed this was my 777th post. :) Take note Dime!!

I'd love to get some trichomes tattooed on me, imagine that.. a few clear but mostlly cloudy, with a sprinkle of amber.:slide::popcorn::goodluck: :)

I think you should just go for the mix of clear & cloudy. Then, when you spent time in the sun, the clear would turn amber and you'd be ready to chop! :)

Back
Top Bottom