BCNL Producer & DIY Cabs 3 Strains

Bro I can so relate to how you felt!

I started a year ago mid-March with 22 bagseeds. Until I found this site I didn't even know you only kept/smoked the females. And I've been smoking on and off for almost 40 years... 25 of them full on and 15 mostly off. But all I knew was it was weed and buds, I never thought a whole lot more about it except if it was good or not. Now I can tell you where on the plant a bud or leaf most likely came from :slide:

Anyhow my first grow I had 7 big girls in flower and 5-6 other monsters still vegging, out in my backyard and not particularly private. In other words I was an idiot. One day I freaked and chopped all the girls in flower at about 7 weeks. As you can imagine that smoke sucked, it's the crap I just burned in the fireplace. All it did was give me a slight buzz and then a headache.

I regrouped though thanks to OMM and put the rest into flower. Turns out I had 3 females. Based on some bad advice I got I ended up putting them back into veg in the middle of flower. I finally chopped them after 13 freaking weeks in flower and not only did I lose half the yield to bud rot, but this smoke was also not very good. Better than the first crap but not by a whole lot. So now it's the end of October, I've spent a fortune and been at this all year and I basically have nothing to show for it.

So then I had my OC+ grow. I started sampling buds at about 8 weeks of 12/12. It was ok but not great. 9 weeks, 10 weeks... the same. I was getting so bummed, I was thinking there was something terribly wrong with what I was doing.

And then one day I tested the ak again, I'm sitting around and all of a sudden it hit me - I was stoned on my ass! I was so freaking excited it took me a week to calm down lol! Actually I still haven't calmed down :yahoo:

I think there should be a name for the day that you first get really stoned from your own grow. I'll never forget it and I'll bet you won't either :party:

Thanks Brother Blue... great words! Most importantly you never gave up. And now look at you. You're it. As you know, I stopped by your place for a while. I really dug the tenor and vibe there and look forward to tuning in and catching up.

That must have been really frustrating running into the wall like that. Looking into this I was thinking I'd be paying my dues too. Figured on either abject failure or meager success first time out. So far lucky. I don't think I can overstate how important this place has been to me and my grow. It's like a living, breathing growing encyclopedia cannabia (maybe I'll TM that). Xlr8 dropped some sage advice on me early and by following it I believe it's saved my days. It was to not over-manage ph. Might sound simple... but it got into my head and stuck. I might well have chased ph and other stuff had it not been put to me so well. X has a way. Others have offered great suggestions and the chill when I needed it and that really helps in staying on the rails.

Like you, I've been smoking for a long time. I've been fortunate to have had some really good weed, but never a grow. On that point, when I began my grow I said I had never grown anything. That wasn't entirely true. When younger, we used to take our bag beans and throw them in the fields and water them whenever we remembered. We got some great socks to choke on and more seeds than could ever be counted. That, a beard and this damned hangnail are the only things though.

I'm glad we have that feeling in common and I look forward to having that with many other good folks here. You said it man... that was just so freaking exciting! It really was.

What are we gonna call that day... good thought. :hmmmm: Kind of surprised there isn't one for it already.

I did name my product that night. My-Agra. That'll give you some idea how it hit me, I actually dedicated gray matter to that. :bong:

looking good bud .your doing great.do you have any males to get seeds.

Thanks much Cano. Naa, no males. I'm keeping moms and doing the cloning gig. Easiest for me and I don't have to sweat the sex.

Thanks much Cano. Naa, no males. I'm keeping moms and doing the cloning gig. Easiest for me and I don't have to sweat the sex.

sweaty sex. :rofl:

Hi WeednFeed. :)

You told me you were just learning! But what did I find?

Someone who is a fast learner.
A person that has done his homework.
A person that listens
A well thought out grow.
A wonderful room.
A great cloner.
Beautiful girls growing.
Great Pictures.
A crowed following.
A person that has found out he has green thumbs.
A person that keeps a great journal for us all.
A person that will make 420 even better!

You have set a great standard for us all! :high-five:

A person that listens
A well thought out grow.
A wonderful room.
A great cloner.
Beautiful girls growing.
Great Pictures.
A crowed following.

Took the words right out of my mouth :)

I agree with the OMM.:high-five:

A person that listens
A well thought out grow.
A wonderful room.
A great cloner.
Beautiful girls growing.
Great Pictures.
A crowed following.

Took the words right out of my mouth :)

I agree with the OMM.:high-five:

Wow.

I am stone flattered. I genuinely thank you for your abundant kindness.
You both however should take a bow for taking such an integral role in propagating the goodness around here. I'm fortunate to be a cog in your machine and certainly pleased to contribute any way I can. Just giving what I'm getting.

Still moving along with no visible problems. My res change day is Monday. Right about now (later in the week) I get to coast a little more as after a few days the res holds pH and PPM pretty well. That's good to know so I can plan short getaways around that.

DSC_1075.JPG

DSC_1082.JPG

DSC_1100_1.JPG

DSC_1102.JPG

DSC_10871.JPG

DSC_10913.JPG

I've got my eye on you Lady...

DSC_10962.JPG

DSC_10972.JPG

DIY Eu's just keep getting more lovely by the day. I was mistaken calling the changing color red... it's a beautiful orange. They are getting more plump. Don't know if that's the Overdrive or just the course of things. Either way they're going to need some string holding them up soon.
When watering, I water through. Due to being only 1-gallon pots I'm able to feed 3-4 times a week.

DSC_1116.JPG

DSC_1131.JPG

DSC_1132.JPG

DSC_11201.JPG

DSC_11231.JPG

DSC_1149.JPG

DSC_1150.JPG

DSC_1154.JPG

DSC_11451.JPG

DSC_11421.JPG

DSC_1129.JPG

Wow Weed - They look great. That "Frankenbud" is flat out crazy looking. I still can't get over how beautiful those Euforias are. You should consider vegging a little longer in the Producer at some point in a future grow - just to compare. I'm thinking you did a smart thing by going to 12/12 when you did, but it would be a good comparison to try going even more vertical (just a little) at some point in down the road. IDK - just a thought. I still think you did the right thing, though, especially first time using the box. It's a handful when they get too big.

Plants look great as always my friend! :bravo:

They look great my friend!

My nute concoction is the same way, pH spikes a full point after 24 hrs as the alkalinity in the water reasserts itself. But when I pH that back down it stays nice and stable.

Wow Weed - They look great. That "Frankenbud" is flat out crazy looking. I still can't get over how beautiful those Euforias are. You should consider vegging a little longer in the Producer at some point in a future grow - just to compare. I'm thinking you did a smart thing by going to 12/12 when you did, but it would be a good comparison to try going even more vertical (just a little) at some point in down the road. IDK - just a thought. I still think you did the right thing, though, especially first time using the box. It's a handful when they get too big.

Plants look great as always my friend! :bravo:

Thank you X! I agree with you about vegging longer. My approach was tempered by the contrast in strains, (planned around the tallest) and trying to avoid an unruly too-tall crop first time out. Played it safe to be sure. In the future I'll use whatever I can learn about a strain's mom growing in veg and hopefully apply that and it's known characteristics to make a better approximation. I'm still kind of fixed on avoiding any veg time after the cloner if possible. Less energy and shorter turn-around are watchwords for me.
Just one more nicety of learning to grow will be in finding ways to make it more efficient with respect to cost and time. I guess saying "dial it in" would have sufficed. :laughtwo:

Inspired by Marley's work, I'm considering making an "insurance" screen that can easily be put in place if things look like they're going to go north. I'm thinking a few well placed 90* aluminum angle brackets supporting a perimeter frame with a screen pre-attached by nylon ties would do it.

Just beautiful WeednFeed.

I love how you've tied em up! :)

Thanks OMM!

They look great my friend!

My nute concoction is the same way, pH spikes a full point after 24 hrs as the alkalinity in the water reasserts itself. But when I pH that back down it stays nice and stable.

Yeah, it's like clockwork isn't it. Hashassassin suggested switching to Great White from Hygrozyme to ease those swings. I'm willing to try that out next cycle.

Going to start keeping a closer eye on things for a better understanding of what happens with the things I can't see.
For anyone interested, the mean length of the well developed trichs is about 46nm. (The software for the magnifier has a measurement tool)

Image74.jpg

Petiole

Image76.jpg

Image79.jpg

Leaf base

Image78.jpg

Image721.jpg

Image70.jpg

Image68.jpg

Image69.jpg

Image711.jpg

Image67.jpg

Great pics, Wnf! Budacious looking trichs!

I'm assuming those pics are from the Celestron. Was the software you mentioned included with the Celestron?

Very nice work! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom