XLR8's BCNL Mixed Strain Hydro Grow 2011

Haha - just now realized that somewhere along the line, I got my day counts screwed up. Not sure how or when, but it's only a few days I suppose. Mostly for my own benefit, here is where things are really at (pretty certain this time, lol).

Yesterday completed: Day 56 of flowering, and Day 90 from seed for Missy, Day 83 for Blueberry

:peacetwo:

Well my man.. I thought I would celebrate something with you, that you celebrated with me... my six hundred and sixty-sixth post :)
:party::party::party:

:high-five: :rofl::rofl: :high-five:

Too funny - I love it! I feel so honored, Dime!

I've decided to start a flush for the Blueberry tonight. My plan is to continue the DM Zone, Silica and Add .27 but discontinue nutrients per Dutch Master's recommendation. I'm guessing the Blueberry will be ready in the next 7-10 days at this point, so seemed like the right time to flush.

My plan is flush for a week or so, pull the blueberry, and then let "Missy" finish behind her. My guess is another 2-3 weeks for Missy, but I'll just keep watching her trichs and watching for her to max out her swelling.

Think I'm gonna sample some Blueberry bud tonight - will be my first sample of her and I can't wait. :yahoo:

I've decided to start a flush for the Blueberry tonight. My plan is to continue the DM Zone, Silica and Add .27 but discontinue nutrients per Dutch Master's recommendation. I'm guessing the Blueberry will be ready in the next 7-10 days at this point, so seemed like the right time to flush.

My plan is flush for a week or so, pull the blueberry, and then let "Missy" finish behind her. My guess is another 2-3 weeks for Missy, but I'll just keep watching her trichs and watching for her to max out her swelling.

Think I'm gonna sample some Blueberry bud tonight - will be my first sample of her and I can't wait. :yahoo:

:cheer:

Thanks w1sest! Bluedog really called it pretty close, huh?! I have a feeling we all face that moral dilemma once in a while!

The biggest moral dilemma ever, which lady to please and when.... Ugh it's a lot harder than I thought.. Here's a little sample of what I get... "If you spent as much time on "Insert anythinggg here" as you did studying ways to grow, You could "insert any other remark after". It's a fine balance...to tip toe ;)

O the joys of growing! They never did put this stuff in the growers bible... should be a chapter on how to navigate past all that hahah

The biggest moral dilemma ever, which lady to please and when.... Ugh it's a lot harder than I thought.. Here's a little sample of what I get... "If you spent as much time on "Insert anythinggg here" as you did studying ways to grow, You could "insert any other remark after". It's a fine balance...to tip toe ;)

O the joys of growing! They never did put this stuff in the growers bible... should be a chapter on how to navigate past all that hahah

:rofl: Perfectly put, w1sest! I agree, it should have it's own chapter - chapter 1! :)

I quick dried a blueberry bud as planned to get a sneak peak of taste/potency, but I absent-mindedly got high before I tried it. Made sense at the time, but then I was like - wait a minute, I'm already completely baked. As could be expected two things happened after that: I sampled the Blueberry and got more high, and... okay one thing happened after that.

But - not surprisingly I couldn't even tell you much about the Blueberry yet except that if you're high, it gets you higher. I know!

Hey xlr8 you'll have to try and hit it first tomorrow... is there any left? I remember those days well... what do I have to test first today? A tough row to hoe for us growers for sure :lot-o-toke:

Hey xlr8 you'll have to try and hit it first tomorrow... is there any left? I remember those days well... what do I have to test first today? A tough row to hoe for us growers for sure :lot-o-toke:

Tonight I gave it a shot "fresh" so to speak in that I still had half bowl or so of last nights sample. 2 (really) good hits was enough to make me feel pretty lit. And... I like it! Really uplifting but not hyper. Just felt really good without being too paranoid. A little bit euphoric. Taste sucked because it was quick-dryed, uncured etc. so it was pretty harsh. Nice high though. I wish I'd have had a little more of my sample left to kick it up another notch, but this was very good! :)

Edit: Wow, it does make you a bit sleepy at the end. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My cute little sample bud:

april_18_sampleBB.jpg

Isn't she just the cutest? :dreamy:

I manicured it first to see how it trimmed up and it was a really dense little pinecone shaped bud nugget. Loved how dense and tight it was. I didn't have the heart to prematurely pluck any of the nice bigger buds yet. Just the little bugger. :)

Day 58 of flowering, and Day 92 from seed for Missy, Day 85 for Blueberry:

Picture update - Lights were on, so the reds are really screwing up how pretty the blueberry is in person. Seems like more color and purpling every day. Especially in the lower buds where it's not as warm, but I've noticed purpling starting on the upper buds now, too. They are ridiculously resinous and look completely sugar coated. :yahoo: :)

My bagseed "Missy" has pretty rusty red hairs and her buds are growing a little each day it seems. I'm not expecting much, but who knows - could be a pleasant surprise.

Here's Missy - she's mostly hidden behind the blueberry, so I can only get pictures of a couple of her smaller buds for now:
april_18_missy2.jpg

april_18_missy.jpg

Here are some bud shots of the Blueberry
april_18_blueberry5.jpg

april_18_blueberry.jpg

april_18_blueberry2.jpg

april_18_blueberry3.jpg

april_18_blueberry4.jpg

:peacetwo: :bong:

My Lips are smacking for that great looking Blueberry! :)

Nice pictures too. :grinjoint:

:thanks: OMM - makes my lips smack too - kinda like that bowl full of Moby you just chopped. Yum! It'll be interesting to see if your Blueberry ends up similar to mine. Hope you don't have some of the challenges/issues I had with her. She was a handful and difficult from the start.

Hey xlr8 that sample bud sure was cute RIP :)

Looking spectacular you're almost home my friend... :bravo:

:thanks: Blue, you're right: almost there. I can't wait! :yahoo: :slide:

My achy bones kinda dread trimming, but this'll be pretty simple with one plant. The wife and I get our space set up, crank some tunes, heat up the vaporizer and make a pretty fun time of trimming.

Looks like winter has hit your grow... Frost bite in a very good way!

Does your camera have an adjustable white balance? You can knock the red out by dropping it down to the lower kelvin scale. I try to shoot at 2700K with my camera...with my cell phone I just adjust the red levels with editing software. I hope I haven't suggested this to you already...:) I do that sometimes when I'm medicated :rofl:

Looks like winter has hit your grow... Frost bite in a very good way!

Does your camera have an adjustable white balance? You can knock the red out by dropping it down to the lower kelvin scale. I try to shoot at 2700K with my camera...with my cell phone I just adjust the red levels with editing software. I hope I haven't suggested this to you already...:) I do that sometimes when I'm medicated :rofl:

Thanks for the great suggestion, Dime. I'll look into it. It's a entry level pro grade DSLR, but I'm a bit of a hack, so it's not as easy as the point and shoots that I'm used to. It's an amazing camera, so there's probably a whole lot I can do if I take the time to figure it out. I appreciate the great suggestion - and no you haven't suggested it to me yet (I don't think - but then I'm often medicated, too...)

Back
Top Bottom