X Marks the Spot - XLR8's Big Bang Auto Hydro Grow 2011

Yes sir X, like I always say brother, just get around when you're able! Your health and comfort are more important than posting here. I know this is a lifestyle, but it comes second my friend. Sending you healing vibes, and wishes for a speedy recovery!!

XLR8:icon_roll I'm sorry your out of commission for a bit, recovery road for you my friend. Take it easy, drink your fluids..eat and rest..:Namaste:

Hey my friend, take it easy and just spend some time gettin well, no need to cause yourself any more stress. We will all be here:circle-of-love: supporting your return to good health. God bless and PEEEEAAAAACCCCCEEEE!!!!

Get a good rest, my brother. :Namaste:

Hi all - Turns out I have been overdoing it a bit the last couple of days, and I'm really over-tired as a result. I usually like to respond to each persons post, but in the interest of not over-doing things again, I'm going to just say:

:thanks:

You guys all rock, and my appreciation is 100% sincere. I'll try to pop in and out, but I just overdid everything yesterday (not that this is so much work, but it had a trickle down effect). See you all when I can. :high-five:

thank you very much for your help and I wish you the best of luck, it's hard to find people such as yourself these days

Well mastershuffle, I had to specifically tell you that you really made my day with this post. I'm pretty miserable with some health stuff right now, and it felt good that someone I just met sent such a nice, thoughtful comment. :thanks:

Take care, and hope to continue to see you around! :high-five:

Well mastershuffle, I had to specifically tell you that you really made my day with this post. I'm pretty miserable with some health stuff right now, and it felt good that someone I just met sent such a nice, thoughtful comment. :thanks:

Take care, and hope to continue to see you around! :high-five:

just remember life's too short...no matter what happens you have to look for the positives, and honestly with all the love from everyone on this site, I could only imagine the support you have in real life :adore::goodluck: and btw, your tips have made my seedlings love you

Hi all -

I know I've dropped bits and pieces of information about this lately and have been a little vague about leaving for personal reasons a bit. Well, it's been health related, and I've had to deal with some fairly serious, non life-threatening medical stuff. I don't like getting into it all here, but I'm on my way to recovery, things look optimistic, and I'm feeling a bit better at the moment than I have in a week or two. So.... that's all good.

I'm still pretty incapacitated, but I'm hoping to grow something again soon when I can. In the mean time, I'm most definitely a ways below 100%. So, please bear with me as it will take a while to get caught up on peoples journals. I'm only going to be able to pop in a little at a time for now until things come a bit farther with my health.

Just wanted to let you know that everything's going really well on my way to recovery, and that I appreciate the well-wishes and good vibes - I felt them when I needed them, even when I wasn't checking in here -- if that makes sense. :thanks: everyone, sincerely!

:circle-of-love:

Hey XL,

Damn, sorry you are feeling bad lately, but i'm glad you are getting well, i know how it is being down, went to the doctor 51 times in the last year and a half...

hoping for a speedy recovery brother!

kind regards,
naphtali

No need to reply...

Just hope you get to where you need to be, physically, mentally & spiritually. Oh, and remember to enjoy the moments in between!

e.

Hey XL,

Damn, sorry you are feeling bad lately, but i'm glad you are getting well, i know how it is being down, went to the doctor 51 times in the last year and a half...

hoping for a speedy recovery brother!

kind regards,
naphtali

51 times... Wow Naph, that's certainly a number that I hope goes down for you dramatically. Dr. stuff is sure no fun.

No need to reply...

Just hope you get to where you need to be, physically, mentally & spiritually. Oh, and remember to enjoy the moments in between!

e.

Thanks Endive, that's very kind. I'm feeling a little better all the time, but I keep having to remind myself to not over-do it. I really wore myself out and set myself back a little by trying to heal up all at once. I need to be more patient! :)

Yep, no need to reply brother. We see ya "liking" stuff around here ;)

Still poking my head in, but I had to limit posting or I end up spending all my time doing this and not taking my meds/resting like I should.

Getting better all the time! Thanks for the well wishes guys! :high-five:

Bought some seeds recently, and got some cool freebies with my purchase. So far I've only grown indicas or indica heavy hybrids. Seemed like it would be fun to find a way to throw something more Sativa into the mix. Size is always an issue, but hopefully I can find away to make some of this work. Here are the new strains I purchased:

• Chocolope - DNA genetics
  • Super Lemon Haze - Green House
  • Jack the Ripper - TGA Subcool
  • Claustrum - Positronics

PLUS - 4 freebie fem seeds from DinaFem: Super Silver, Deep Grapefruit, California Hash Plant, and White Siberian

I'd never heard of Claustrum before, but check out the genetics: Mix of Kali Mist, Super Silver Haze, and Jack Herer. From all accounts these are 3 of the best Sativas ever produced, so seemed like an interesting strain to try...

Hi everyone!

Well, I'm developing a plan that I'd like to put into action, but I'd love any feedback on it. I'm super excited about my new seeds, but I'm thinking of waiting for future grow for most of them... Here's what I'm thinking:

Using the new Flo N Gro set-up to grow out 4 plants. Most likely a mix of "Lucy" and "Skywalker" like I'd previously mentioned. The plan would be to start cracking seeds as early as today (starting the process) for these seeds.

Beyond that, I'm thinking of taking one of the Sativas and squeezing it in separatately in it's own bucket (the hydro bucket I used for the BBauto). But maybe not letting it veg as long (if at all) for height reasons. So I'd separately have a 12/12 from seed going of a Sativa-heavy "Jack the Ripper" or something. I thought this would allow me to have it not outgrow the height restrictions being inside a tent, customize the nutrient needs, and a good way to dabble with my first Sativa...

Thoughts on this idea? Please weigh in! :)

:thanks: again for all the love and support. You guys are a great support network. :high-five:

Hey, XLR8! Great to see you "back in the saddle" again! :high-five:

Sounds like you have a good plan and a great bunch of seeds! :welldone:

That Claustrum sounds fantastic and I'm anxious to see how that one turns out.

I've never done a 12/12 from seed grow, but have seen a bunch. From what I've read/seen/experienced, I would (personally) be more inclined to let her veg for a week or two before going to 12/12 and then using LST/Supercropping to help control height, if needed. I think the extra week or two of vegging will really help improve yield and give you a "healthier" plant (i.e. more developed root structure, etc.) to start with.

Either way, you know I'll be here checking it out! :)

Really glad you're doing better, my friend! Stay strong!

BTW...Did you see the article I posted in RVG's journal on decarboxylation? It was right around the time you left, and it turns out, you were right! :thumb:

Hey, XLR8! Great to see you "back in the saddle" again! :high-five:

Sounds like you have a good plan and a great bunch of seeds! :welldone:

That Claustrum sounds fantastic and I'm anxious to see how that one turns out.

I've never done a 12/12 from seed grow, but have seen a bunch. From what I've read/seen/experienced, I would (personally) be more inclined to let her veg for a week or two before going to 12/12 and then using LST/Supercropping to help control height, if needed. I think the extra week or two of vegging will really help improve yield and give you a "healthier" plant (i.e. more developed root structure, etc.) to start with.

Either way, you know I'll be here checking it out! :)

Really glad you're doing better, my friend! Stay strong!

BTW...Did you see the article I posted in RVG's journal on decarboxylation? It was right around the time you left, and it turns out, you were right! :thumb:

Hi Mr. Krip! Great advice on the Sativa, in fact, that's more accurate to what I'm leaning toward doing -- small veg. period, and then LST perhaps. I'll check out RVG's grow. Thanks for the heads up, and the continued support and friendship. :high-five:

No problem, Brother!

I should add that I think a 12/12 from seed strategy is great for SOG, since it would result in a single cola plant and you could pack a bunch of them close together, but since your real concern is vertical height, I would think you'd be fine with the short veg.

Yo Xlr,

Sending healthy vibes your way man, hope they get there quick!

I'm just starting to get into seeds myself so unfortunately I can't offer a whole lot of feedback to your question. I'm sure whatever you do it will end up pretty damn sweet, you've got a mighty greenthumb.

:peacetwo:

Yo Xlr,

Sending healthy vibes your way man, hope they get there quick!

I'm just starting to get into seeds myself so unfortunately I can't offer a whole lot of feedback to your question. I'm sure whatever you do it will end up pretty damn sweet, you've got a mighty greenthumb.

:peacetwo:

Thanks Marley! I really appreciate that - sincerely. I'm anxious to see how your new seeds turn out for you - I like growing from seed, mostly for bug/disease avoidance.

Hey X no fair! I haven't got my wish list yet! Lol, those seeds sound fun my friend.
I agree with Krip, (what's new!?) And think you'll probably NEED to employ some LST on the sativa, as well as veg the indies a bit first. I know by now you know your stuff, but just something to think about too, is the flowering period on a sative compared to the indicas and hybrids, will be signifigantly longer....

With your setup, the nutrient solution is all the same right? Or can it be adjusted for each plant depending on its needs?

Hey X no fair! I haven't got my wish list yet! Lol, those seeds sound fun my friend.
I agree with Krip, (what's new!?) And think you'll probably NEED to employ some LST on the sativa, as well as veg the indies a bit first. I know by now you know your stuff, but just something to think about too, is the flowering period on a sative compared to the indicas and hybrids, will be signifigantly longer....

With your setup, the nutrient solution is all the same right? Or can it be adjusted for each plant depending on its needs?

Hi Quix!

My plan was to put the 4 indica hybrids on one system, and then put a sativa seed into it's own "system" (the hydro bucket I used for the auto) with very little veg time first. Just a thought, not sold for sure yet... :)

...I agree with Krip, (what's new!?) ....

That's just cuz' I'm faster than you are so I get here and and get my response in first! If you got here first, I'd be agreeing with you! :)

You just need to be a little Quixer! :rofl:

That's just cuz' I'm faster than you are so I get here and and get my response in first! If you got here first, I'd be agreeing with you! :)

You just need to be a little Quixer! :rofl:

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Quixer!! LOL! I'm ripped....And you got me too about an hour ago on RVG's journal!!!:Namaste::bong: I think mine an quix's stash is a lil more couchlock than yours!:roorrip::high-five:

Back
Top Bottom