X Marks the Spot - XLR8's Big Bang Auto Hydro Grow 2011

Here's a couple of pictures of the new room. It's a square room about 6' x 6', but one corner is angled and has the door on it - as you walk in. It made more sense due to the fact that I wanted to make it good size, but not super intrusive on the space that it's in. It seems like the camera lens makes things look a little fish-eyed, but I can assure you the walls, door, etc., are plumb, level and straight. ;)

It's not huge, but it'll be big enough to keep the Mothership in there as a Veg box, and add the GL80L tent for bloom. There's ducting in there that I can tap into if needed for air conditioning, and I've got a pretty good plan for exhausting warm air from the tent into a crawl space outside of the room and area that the tent is in...

newroom3.jpg

View from inside, looking back at door (the shelves are filled now but weren't in the picture yet):
newroominside.jpg

I'm just so glad this part is done! :)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb::goodjob:

Beautiful job my friend! Thats no easy task, I'm in construction, I know what you just did there man! Thats gotta give ya a sense of accomplishment!! I cant wait to see what you're able to do with that space brother!!:popcorn:

I'll just add the same Xlr8 - the room looks extremely professional and congrats on your well-deserved nomination :woohoo:

Yaaay, congrats on your nomination :)

Oh and congrats on your nomination, you deserve it!!
:goodluck:

Hey thanks guys! I'm so flattered, and w1sest, that's about the coolest, nicest thing anyone's done for me in some time. I'm so honored to be a nominee on a list that includes great members like Dime and Giantsfan (not to slight the other nominees). Makes me smile! :)

Congrats on the room. I'm sure the 2 400W will cover your needs better than 1 600W.:thumb:

Thanks PB! I hope so - I'm sure it'll really rock compared to the small set-up I've been using. :)

Love the look of the room from the outside and in man

:yummy:

:thanks: brother! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I wanted to sheet rock it, but it's in a basement that's loaded with similar sheet paneling, and it seemed like a pretty easy solution (compared to mudding/taping sheetrock). I've been planning it in my head for a while now, and it came together almost exactly how I imagined it. That rarely happens for me! I'm going to try to get a couple more pictures now that I've got the camera batteries charged up - probably later today/tonight.

Nice tidy space Xlr8, cool tent set up too,
Im lookinin forward to watchin the magic of forced nature :morenutes: :)
:Namaste:

Thanks Bass! I'm pretty stoked (over the moon!) about the new space and goodies. I did a bunch of shopping already yesterday, and I'll detail in a separate post - should be great. I'm the luckiest guy around to have a wife as supportive as mine, true story!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb::goodjob:

Beautiful job my friend! Thats no easy task, I'm in construction, I know what you just did there man! Thats gotta give ya a sense of accomplishment!! I cant wait to see what you're able to do with that space brother!!:popcorn:

:thanks: Quix! I really appreciate the support and kudos - it probably would've been easier had I had a helper, but I chose to do this on some days where I had the house to myself (no distractions, but no help!) I actually enjoyed the project quite a bit, mostly because I was feeling a bit better physically, and it was so nice to be a bit more productive for a change.

I can't wait to fill it up either. :) I've been a shopping fool, and just need to find the time to start piecing it all together. :yahoo:

Bro take a pic from the door looking in when you get a chance :peace:

^Yes Please!^

No prob! Here are a couple of pictures looking through the door:

in_through_door.jpg

in_through_door2.jpg

The new tent will go against the back wall - and should fit in there snuggly but nicely. For now, I plan on keeping the Mothership as a veg station, but that could change eventually.

Grow Update - Big Bang Auto, Day 23 from seed:

Struggling to keep RH up still, but it was 45% this morning. Roots look okay, a little better. Did a res change Sunday night, upped DM Zone to 15ml, from originally 8ml in a 8 gallon reservoir.

Ph = 5.6
PPM = 550
RH = 45%
Temp = 75f day, 68f night (approx.)

Big_Bang_May17.jpg

:bong:

Thanks everyone for all the support regarding both the new room, as well as the MOTM nomination. You all rock!

Oh, bought a whole bunch of stuff, but I have to run for now... Will be posting details of my shopping spree when I get some more time. Should fill up the room nicely. :yahoo:

No prob! Here are a couple of pictures looking through the door:

in_through_door.jpg

in_through_door2.jpg

The new tent will go against the back wall - and should fit in there snuggly but nicely. For now, I plan on keeping the Mothership as a veg station, but that could change eventually.

I'm pretty sure the mothership would fit just fine in my "corner" Brother. So, as a favor to you, I will get it out of your way, I'll even pay for shipping(maybe):rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm pretty sure the mothership would fit just fine in my "corner" Brother. So, as a favor to you, I will get it out of your way, I'll even pay for shipping(maybe):rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ha ha - duly noted! I paid a pretty penny for that thing, but it does work well. I hope I can keep it in there without any problems, but I'm pretty nervous about how tight the space is. I'll have to keep your suggestion in mind, Quix. ;)

Back
Top Bottom