X Marks the Spot - XLR8's Big Bang Auto Hydro Grow 2011

Looking good brother, can't wait to hear about all the goodies!

Nice segue, Dime - and thanks buddy!

Stuff I've bought so far: Grow Lab 80L tent approx(5'x3'x6'7"), One "Adjust a Wing" with spreader (planning on buying another soon), 200 cfm fan, phresh filter, ducting, and a Titan Flo n Gro system (6 sites, similar to Ebb n Grow I think). Now I just need to set it up! :slide:

I don't really know much about the Flo n Gro system (or Ebb n Grow) so if anyone has thoughts, questions or suggestions that would help - fire away! It looked and sounded like it would work well for my needs, but really didn't research it much before buying it. Supposed to be like Ebb n Grow, but much more reliable I think. They look and sound pretty good to me, but I have never done flood and drain/ebb n grow system before. I just bought the controller and 6 site expansion pack - gonna go with my own reservoir of some sort.

Right now it's all in boxes tempting me - but I'm kinda swamped with other family/work/auto issues that need to be focused on first (nothing bad - just busy!) Hoping to start digging into it this week, but if not it's my weekend focus. :) :yahoo: :)

I know how overwhelming it gets X I bought everything for the setup i have now an let me tell you I thought i was superman an could knock it out in a couple hours try a week with my busy schedule lol...an then on top of that it was like another 3-4 days before i even got the my clones keep up the great work I cant wait to see some pics when you get it all laid out brother

X, have you thought about putting an airstone in an open bucket of water and running it all the time to help keep the RH up ?

just a thought...

Nice segue, Dime - and thanks buddy!

Stuff I've bought so far: Grow Lab 80L tent approx(5'x3'x6'7"), One "Adjust a Wing" with spreader (planning on buying another soon), 200 cfm fan, phresh filter, ducting, and a Titan Flo n Gro system (6 sites, similar to Ebb n Grow I think). Now I just need to set it up! :slide:

I don't really know much about the Flo n Gro system (or Ebb n Grow) so if anyone has thoughts, questions or suggestions that would help - fire away! It looked and sounded like it would work well for my needs, but really didn't research it much before buying it. Supposed to be like Ebb n Grow, but much more reliable I think. They look and sound pretty good to me, but I have never done flood and drain/ebb n grow system before. I just bought the controller and 6 site expansion pack - gonna go with my own reservoir of some sort.

Right now it's all in boxes tempting me - but I'm kinda swamped with other family/work/auto issues that need to be focused on first (nothing bad - just busy!) Hoping to start digging into it this week, but if not it's my weekend focus. :) :yahoo: :)

X, contact PitViper, he has a continuous journal that is a must read - he's the only Ebb and Grow guru that i know of here :)

Here's his journal link

The VipersNest Continuous

I know how overwhelming it gets X I bought everything for the setup i have now an let me tell you I thought i was superman an could knock it out in a couple hours try a week with my busy schedule lol...an then on top of that it was like another 3-4 days before i even got the my clones keep up the great work I cant wait to see some pics when you get it all laid out brother

Thanks Crower - almost there. Got the fan, filter and light in today and turned it all on for a few minutes before I ran out of time for the day. Looks like it should run great - gonna give it a better test tomorrow. Just need to get the hydro system running now. So far, so good!

X, have you thought about putting an airstone in an open bucket of water and running it all the time to help keep the RH up ?

just a thought...

Good idea, Nap! Very creative - she's doing pretty good right now (plant), and I'm so damned busy on other tasks at the moment I'm okay with my jury-rigged set-up. But, I'll keep that in mind! :)

X, contact PitViper, he has a continuous journal that is a must read - he's the only Ebb and Grow guru that i know of here :)

Here's his journal link

The VipersNest Continuous

Good idea again - it's been a while, but I used to follow Pit's grows, and you're right he probably would be a great resource for this. Thanks! If I remember right he uses (or used at one point) the same nutrient program, too. (Dutch Master)

Munki's an ebb n flow guy too, that's 2 great growers to copy or get tips from.

Awesome - I am following Munki's current journal - his plants look so nice, especially under the LED's!

:thanks: for the suggestions guys. I haven't checked on his grows or gotten to know him yet, but Mr. Smith (think that's his name) is a ebb/grow guy too if I remember right - and a POTM winner I think, too.

I'll have to hit up all of their journals and keep them in mind for questions.

Congrats on all that gear, now I'm watching close cuz I don't know how to use it. :rofl:

Hey, if you built that room ... you can build that system :thumb:

Git-R-Done!

That's kinda how I feel! I'm completely trying to think that way. All set up now except for the hydro system. Looks and works great so far from what I can tell, but haven't had much time to test it.

Thanks for the positive support, brother!

Pics tomorrow of what's been done. :) :) :)

Everything looks awesome so far man man. How do you like that mothership rig? I almost considered getting one for pure ease of mind but decided to go tenting. ^_^

Happy growing my friend.

Hey ITW - thanks man! The mothership works great, very easy to use and creates a good environment - though space is limited. But, I'm thinking the tent will probably be a much better way to go in the end.

:thanks: for checking out my grow!

Hope you're not overdoing things my friend! I'm glad you're mostly done with the physical stuff now.

Between Munki, PitViper and Mr. Smith it would be hard to go wrong, they all know their stuff and crank out awesome buds.

:peace:

Tell me about it Buddy. :yikes:

Some times life gets in the way of the important things....like setting up a new grow! :ganjamon:

Hope you're not overdoing things my friend! I'm glad you're mostly done with the physical stuff now.

Between Munki, PitViper and Mr. Smith it would be hard to go wrong, they all know their stuff and crank out awesome buds.

:peace:

Been trying to study up on their (excellent) threads - part of why I've been so bad at posting lately! Great suggestions as always, Blue

Everything sounds great XLR8! I'm looking forward to seeing the new setup! I think it's time for a pic update for those of us that don't really read! :tokin:

So true and so right you are!

Grow Update - Big Bang Auto, Day 27 from seed:

Here is the Big Bang Auto in all of her young splendor. Looking really perky and good tonight. Finally kicking it into gear a little - not sure if I'm just getting more impatient or is the first few weeks from seed always slow and boring, lol? Seems like it is - but it should start to get more interesting soon, now.

big_bang_5_20_11.jpg

Roots also looking a bit whiter tonight - maybe the DM Zone is doing some good. Not sure what was ailing them, but they just didn't seem as white and healthy there for a few days. I think things always seem to look better when I keep the RH up, but my manual solution works good if I keep up with it...

Thanks for hanging in there even though it's been tough to find time to post lately! :)

:bong:

Here are some more pictures of the new improved grow space as it starts to come together. I plan on assembling the hydro system this weekend (I hope!)

Just (1) 400w and Adjust a Wing in there for now -- eventually should be (2)...

Just inside the door - now, just beyond the little shelves I built in, is the left corner of the tent...
nutrient_shelves.jpg

Just inside the door looking straight ahead at tent - Mothership is in lower right corner of photo...
view_in_door.jpg

Looking inside door, more to the right side...
view_in_door2.jpg

Inside tent, left side as you enter room...
tent_inside2.jpg

Right side of tent...
tent_inside.jpg

Up above - filter, fan and ducting:
tent_inside3.jpg

Environmentals (76f/41%RH) Yesterday after a quick run, today after being on in full (minus hydro system) it got up to a max of 79f, not bad but I worry about that number going much higher with another light!
tempandRH.jpg

Hi xlr8. :ganjamon:

Buddy, you cut that just right for the tent to just fit, well done. That's a nice wing too. You'll probably get a bit more coverage than I will with my standard light fixture. How high up will you place the oscillating fans? The reason I ask is that I'm afraid mine will blow my new little plants away if I put the fan on low speed. Once they are larger I know the fans will be used for air passing under the foliage. I just realized that my airpots will be about 1' tall, I will just aim them at the pots until the girls reach a bigger size. Guess I answered my own question. I think it's cool we will be starting our grows at the same time. :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom