Yeatster's Grow Box Journal - Jack Herer Auto - LED - 2016

What a flashback! Those plants are fine, not toasting. I did the same thing 2 months ago :). I have almost identical pics in 3 places, I was so worried. all 4 of mine had the same type of "sun tan" on the new growth. That is normal. They look perfect so far.

Thank you SOO much, was getting impatient and was ready to go pull the plug on the cfls, haha.
aside from that, i do think they look pretty happy. don't think I have seen that "sun tan" on any other posts. Any clue what it is, exactly?

Did you journal those plants? I would love to see the pics and how they progressed. Thanks again Schtiggy!!!

I did not do a journal. But this is what they looked like 9 days ago. Both Jack Herrer, one topped, one not topped.
P101000160.JPG
P101000359.JPG

If you take a couple of tooth pic and start spreading that new growth, very gently, a few times a day to let the light deeper between them, it will help stack the nodes a bit closer and if you are planning on topping, it will help you be above your 3rd node quicker.

Def interested but not sure I quite understand what "spreading" of the new growth would entail, sorry.

Those Jacks are a good enough testimonial for this kid!:bravo:

Def interested but not sure I quite understand what "spreading" of the new growth would entail, sorry.

Those Jacks are a good enough testimonial for this kid!:bravo:

Hi Yeatster , i'm sorry i'm late hope there are some chairs left .
what schtiggy means is as the new growth emerges you will start to see very small leaves , these will be pointing upwards , all you need to do is give them a little help by opening the young tiny leaves up so the light can get to the top surface of the leaf faster .
great journal so far :goodjob:
Be safe .

That suntan colour is absolutely normal, maybe not every baby but certainly some, have had it myself,, ive no idea why, just going through its growth colour stage I guess,, new growth, in my experience, is always pale compared to old growth, just is, in my experience

Now, I would never suggest any other comments from anyone are not completely correct, hundred percent, but, I would not be poking around any central core area on those plants,, those tiny leaves are not the smallest leaves in there, there are even tinier ones, still a twinkle in mamas eye nearly,, they can be heavily damaged,, one sees this damage, sometimes, when topping,, new shoots can show the damage done, kinda, anyway, no need to go pokin in there, they are perfect,:Namaste:

Edit,, trying to find a pic of how close my cfls are,, one sec, be right back,,

P11405651.JPG

Maybe not the best, but, close, two inches too far, even babies,, honest

I found the Ozeri, 10",90 degree, 3 speed, oscillating, on amazon prime, without remote, for $24.95.
thanks!

Let me know if ya purchase and get one in. I still haven't, it's a secondary priority at the moment since I have all the fans I currently need.

I did not do a journal. But this is what they looked like 9 days ago. Both Jack Herrer, one topped, one not topped.

Great looking Jacks ya got there Schtiggy.

what schtiggy means is as the new growth emerges you will start to see very small leaves , these will be pointing upwards , all you need to do is give them a little help by opening the young tiny leaves up so the light can get to the top surface of the leaf faster .
Be safe .

Thank you! I've been unable to quickly describe the procedure without it sounding a little dirty. I use my finger and thumb instead of toothpicks though, so that doesn't help any.

Nivek, chime away my friend. And thank you for the reassurance on the, white walls, subject.
Very useful info on the cfl distance. I will be readjusting today, backing the ass up and getting face to face.
Peace.

rtk, I anticipated hearing from you, always on point with quick, helpful info. I will def look into those fans, thanks, pal.
peace.

Doesn't he always chime in right on time like batman or something. Just send out the RTK call.

That suntan colour is absolutely normal, maybe not every baby but certainly some, have had it myself,, ive no idea why, just going through its growth colour stage I guess,, new growth, in my experience, is always pale compared to old growth, just is, in my experience

Now, I would never suggest any other comments from anyone are not completely correct, hundred percent, but, I would not be poking around any central core area on those plants,, those tiny leaves are not the smallest leaves in there, there are even tinier ones, still a twinkle in mamas eye nearly,, they can be heavily damaged,, one sees this damage, sometimes, when topping,, new shoots can show the damage done, kinda, anyway, no need to go pokin in there, they are perfect,:Namaste:

If your a bit worried about doing it then just wait till the leaves are a bit bigger , Don't go poking around between the leaves , It's not a salad
Be safe .

I found the Ozeri, 10",90 degree, 3 speed, oscillating, on amazon prime, without remote, for $24.95.
thanks!

Yeah that's the one, the remote version is around $50, but I have the exact same one in my queue.

Doesn't he always chime in right on time like batman or something. Just send out the RTK call.

Erg. You guys give me far too much credit, or yer just playin' with me! :)

Please don't feel the need to capitalize the rtk, far easier to type and I kinda prefer it.

If your a bit worried about doing it then just wait till the leaves are a bit bigger , Don't go poking around between the leaves , It's not a salad
Be safe .

Yeah, exactly, I wait until I can be sure I'm nowhere near the fresh growth, and gentle like a (insert incredibly gentle reference of choice here).

My sweet skunk auto has grown into the bulb almost and it's a 300w the top bud of it is maybe an inch and a half from the bulb as well..... The top bud has literally curved into the light.

back atcha Spart :thumb:

If you take a couple of tooth pic and start spreading that new growth, very gently, a few times a day to let the light deeper between them, it will help stack the nodes a bit closer and if you are planning on topping, it will help you be above your 3rd node quicker.

I may try this...sounds logical. I was always good at the operation game as a kid.

Be safe .

definitely room for you sonic, I can't wait to see your outside grow start. C'mon spring!
Thank you for the clarification.

Ty, Niveck!

If, when I get a real close up, I will take this advice seriously in my decision, thanks again!

Edit,, trying to find a pic of how close my cfls are,, one sec, be right back,,

P11405651.JPG

Maybe not the best, but, close, two inches too far, even babies,, honest

I had a busy day yesterday, so today I will get them closer. They are now less than 3".
Kewl cfl set up. Not sure how I'm going to do mine, I don't have any fancy fixtures.

Yes, he does MzSiroz. We can always count on rtk!

Be safe .
mmm, salad.

P1160568.JPG

Doesn't that lil one look a lil stretchy for being so close?

some of my girls look like a lettuse salad LOL

Your tent is more of a salad buffet, Bill:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom