Yeatster's Grow Box Journal - Jack Herer Auto - LED - 2016

I initially told the wife this would be a couple hundred dollar project.
over 2 bills for the lights later...um...yeah...about that "initial" start up...

Our original budget while early in planning was about 300, we're easily up to 3k now. It grows faster than the plants. :)

IMG_20160121_082651699.jpg

got some new nutes today. Had to settle for small bottles. I initially told the wife this would be a couple hundred dollar project.
over 2 bills for the lights later...um...yeah...about that "initial" start up...

i sold my yamaha to buy all the equipment nutes seeds etc.... thankfully i have solar panels and dont pay for electricity.:cheer:

I started out trying to do it all for free, or close to free. Bag seeds, and recycled parts. I am way over a thousand already. Its totally cool though, we were spending anywhere from 5k to 8k a year when buying it and the next 3 runs will be free, except the electricity.

Our original budget while early in planning was about 300, we're easily up to 3k now. It grows faster than the plants. :)

I started out trying to do it all for free, or close to free. Bag seeds, and recycled parts. I am way over a thousand already. Its totally cool though, we were spending anywhere from 5k to 8k a year when buying it and the next 3 runs will be free, except the electricity.

That is just about the same calculations we did as well. As long as we end up with enough for 8-10 months we've broken even.

Wishing us both the best of our future balance sheets! :)

That is just about the same calculations we did as well. As long as we end up with enough for 8-10 months we've broken even.

Wishing us both the best of our future balance sheets! :)

My prescription is for 150 grams a month, at $7-8 a gram there is no way I could afford that and this is why I wanted to try my hand at growing. I'm about $1800 (almost 3 months pension) into it so I hope that I can save that much in 2 cycles.

Heya yeat,, cheers my friend,, Enjoyed reading some of yer journal,, :Namaste:

Mind if I chime in with a word or two,,?? Just about the white paint on the walls,, probably the best solution,, reflective materials can cause hotspots, and in an enclosed space like yours, even worse, so, good choice :high-five:

Cant help with the fan, sry,,

The cfls, how close can they be,,? Great question indeed,, my motto with cfls, which I use a lot,, my motto,

if the cfl is two inches away, it's too far,,

Even younguns,, soon as they show themselves nearly,, get em close,, they love it,, the glass part has next to zero heat,, just the ballast part, the screw end, has heat,, keep the ballast away from the plants

I have, at this very moment, two babies like yours, and the light is about an inch away max, maybe inch and a half, not a stitch more,, just me tho,, and i kookoo,, cheers yeat

I've recently been hooked on the design of the Ozeri brand of fans and will be ordering a couple in the near future. I sadly can't remember whose journal I first saw them in so I can't give the proper credit. There's a small 10' dual oscillating fan with remote control and a 44' tower fan that can do up to 360 degrees that I'm pretty sure I need. :)

Not sure if any would fit your plan or budget, they're a bit expensive for sure. Please let me know what ya end up with though, can always use more fans!

I've recently been hooked on the design of the Ozeri brand of fans and will be ordering a couple in the near future. I sadly can't remember whose journal I first saw them in so I can't give the proper credit. There's a small 10' dual oscillating fan with remote control and a 44' tower fan that can do up to 360 degrees that I'm pretty sure I need. :)

Not sure if any would fit your plan or budget, they're a bit expensive for sure. Please let me know what ya end up with though, can always use more fans!

I found the Ozeri, 10",90 degree, 3 speed, oscillating, on amazon prime, without remote, for $24.95.
thanks!

Back
Top Bottom