Yeatster's Grow Box Journal - Jack Herer Auto - LED - 2016

20160117_180035-1.jpg
Hey man things looks good I can't wait to see how your JACK turns kut... I just posted new pics on my journal. Still figuring out how to do the signatures....

This is my JACK HERER under 3 23watt CFL 6500K

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/truckinwebs-first-ever-grow-flo-og-cfl-miracle-grow.265129/"]Truckinweb's First Ever Grow - Flo OG - CFL - Miracle Grow[/URL]

I'm confused now so you have the air being sucked out of the box and being pushed through the filter or the air is being sucked in from the outside being forced into the filter....

What you could always do is have the scrubber ==>exhaust fan ===> outside the box. plus it would extend the life of your fan to have it sucking out rather then blowing out..

adding stuff:

Ok now I'm twice as confused had a look at your set up
1] your carbon filter should be to on top where you air is being sucked threw and blowing out the hot stinky humid air normally at the top of the box (heat rises)
2] Is the fan in the ducting pushing air in or sucking air out
3] the way it looks now your gonna run into lots of problems real quickly

kinda like this here
Untitled129.png

I'm confused now so you have the air being sucked out of the box and being pushed through the filter or the air is being sucked in from the outside being forced into the filter....

What you could always do is have the scrubber ==>exhaust fan ===> outside the box. plus it would extend the life of your fan to have it sucking out rather then blowing out

from inside the box it goes pc fan pushing, carbon filter, duct fan pulling. the duct fan wasn't strong enough to pull on it's own.
Did i overcomplicate my exhaust?
intake is passive.

If you create a positive pressure inside the enclosure, there is not really a point in trying to scrub for smell. The positive pressure will blow the smell through every crack in the walls. It would be like inflating a balloon. By creating negative pressure inside, all airflow is from outside in, as the fan sucks clean air in at the bottom and blows humid stinky air out the top.

P101000161.JPG

yeah filter ===>>> fan===>>> out tent or fan ===>>ducting==>>out tent
either way you want the movement of air to be constant and you want it to suck air out more then it pushes in

What you could always do is have the scrubber ==>exhaust fan ===> outside the box. plus it would extend the life of your fan to have it sucking out rather then blowing out..

adding stuff:

Ok now I'm twice as confused had a look at your set up
1] your carbon filter should be to on top where you air is being sucked threw and blowing out the hot stinky humid air normally at the top of the box (heat rises)
2] Is the fan in the ducting pushing air in or sucking air out
3] the way it looks now your gonna run into lots of problems real quickly

kinda like this here
Untitled129.png

okay
1] the carbon filter IS at the top left. The fan IS sucking air through the carbon filter and blowing out hot stinky air.
2]Duct fan is pushing out.
3]what do i do? lol

I'm in.

One question. It looks like your carbon filter may be on the outside, if I am seeing it correctly. If it is, it would need to be relocated to the inside.

If it is outside, you will be cleaning the incoming air rather than the outgoing.

I apologize if I am seeing this incorrectly or if I am wrong, just thought I would speak up just in case.

I think the confusion is the "fresh" air intake filter on the bottom. it looks like every ones carbon filters. My original plan was to grow in an unfinished basement where the fear of mold and creepy critters made me think of filtering air coming in the box. If that's not it, I'm stumped

I think the confusion is the "fresh" air intake filter on the bottom. it looks like every ones carbon filters. My original plan was to grow in an unfinished basement where the fear of mold and creepy critters made me think of filtering air coming in the box. If that's not it, I'm stumped

Ah, the ol' "original plan", I'm well experienced with that myself. :)

Not a horrible idea regardless of where you're growing anyway.

I'm in too bro i love DIY you did amazing job on that box
cant wait to see your babies

i wish you good start and even better finish :thumb::thumb::thumb::volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley::high-five::high-five::high-five:

Thanks Bill, I had fun putting it together.
I still have humidity issues. I have 3 wet hand towels hanging in there now, plus a small humidifier in the room, outside the box, but it has barely hit 50% and lows are like 28%.
Adjustments will be made today.
Cheers Bill, thanks for stopping by.

Thanks Bill, I had fun putting it together.
I still have humidity issues. I have 3 wet hand towels hanging in there now, plus a small humidifier in the room, outside the box, but it has barely hit 50% and lows are like 28%.
Adjustments will be made today.
Cheers Bill, thanks for stopping by.

50 is ok i think. And dont worry as plants get bigger they vaporize more water and increase hum in room.
first 2 weeks i was running the humidifier in full power to keep hum at 60 and now with less than half power i have 58-60

Back
Top Bottom