Yeatster's Grow Box Journal - Jack Herer Auto - LED - 2016

50 is ok i think. And dont worry as plants get bigger they vaporize more water and increase hum in room.
first 2 weeks i was running the humidifier in full power to keep hum at 60 and now with less than half power i have 58-60

I'm not too worried, just trying to make them as comfy as possible.

I just noticed one of the bulbs on my t5 is out, bummer, so I positioned pots directly under the remaining, working 3. What's the correct height for the t5 while seeds are still buried? Currently I'm @ 8".

That makes sense now. Just checking :)
I kept my CFL and Fluorescent about 4" away. I also added side lighting and they really seemed to like it. I also spread my nodes with a toothpick about 5or6 times a day. They stacked really dense.

I think the confusion is the "fresh" air intake filter on the bottom. it looks like every ones carbon filters. My original plan was to grow in an unfinished basement where the fear of mold and creepy critters made me think of filtering air coming in the box. If that's not it, I'm stumped

That makes sense now. Just checking :)
I kept my CFL and Fluorescent about 4" away. I also added side lighting and they really seemed to like it. I also spread my nodes with a toothpick about 5or6 times a day. They stacked really dense.

Oh thank the cannibigods! I was racking my brain trying to figure out how this airflow wasn't going to work. Thanks Schtiggy!

As for the lighting, I do have the LED. Should I be using that also/in place of? If I stick true to plans I won't be able to use both for the whole time cuz I want to bring new started pots in, in about 6 weeks. Thanks again for the guidance. I will adjust to 4".

:ciao: Yeatster :)
Mind if I ride along? I always love a good DIY grow.

:circle-of-love:

Cannafan, you are one of the biggest helpers I have seen on 420. I would be honored, fo sho. I like the idea of a DIY, but all of you with your fancy tents make me feel like the kid, in winter, with trash bags tied around his feet cuz he didn't get boots for x-mas.

Cannafan, you are one of the biggest helpers I have seen on 420. I would be honored, fo sho. I like the idea of a DIY, but all of you with your fancy tents make me feel like the kid, in winter, with trash bags tied around his feet cuz he didn't get boots for x-mas.

This had me laughing so hard. One of my closest friends on this site has labeled me "Queen DIY" upgraded from princess. :laugh:

My first grow was DIY everywhere. No funds...no buy. I constructed the strangest things, but they worked. I know how it is to have to start with very little to go on. That's why I like DIY grows.
Especially when it all works out and you get big beautiful buds.

Yep, we used to use trash bags inside our hand me down holey boots to help keep our toes warm. We also used them to slide down hills in the winter. Hard on the buttski...but we had a blast.

Yep, we used to use trash bags inside our hand me down holey boots to help keep our toes warm. We also used them to slide down hills in the winter. Hard on the buttski...but we had a blast.

Ah man, I just flashed back. No supervision, no helmets or shin guards or any of the "safety" equipment today's kids would be required to wear...

Of course, there were broken bones and bloody noses, but that was part of the fun!

Thanks for the trip down the ol' memory lane Cannafan!

I am waiting for lights on @ 8a.m. to check on the second seedling.
For now, a B-day pic of the elder.
IMG_20160120_204818104.jpg

Back
Top Bottom