Yellowing leaves! Stumped: please help!

NorCAKnowYourGrow

Details:
Outdoor grow (obviously)
Humboldt’s Secret nutes (Info on these are at the bottom)

Weekly doses of entire nutes regimen based on where they are in the grow cycle (higher flower stacker for those in flowering less for those not).

A secondary dose of “Golden Tree” today and plants look worse (never seen this). It’s supposed to be a bring a plant back from the dead nute.

It has been quite hot so they are needing water 4-5 days a week as they are in black fabric pots.

I generally use the higher amount of nutes in the range recommended Per the manufacturer every other week and the middle of this range the alternating weeks so there is no burn.

Only the big one in the black with green stripes is truly going into flowering.

Not all plants are yellowing but 6 of 10 are in varying degrees.

Perhaps they just need MORE nutrients because of the increased need for water?

Base A (4-0-1)
Base B (1-4-2)
(A&B have some Ca Mg and Fulvic acid)

Golden Tree (0-0-2)
Kelp, Amino acids, carbs, minerals

Flower Stacker (0-7-5)
CalMag & Iron (2-0-0)
Plant Enzymes
Tree Trunk (Silicate 0-0-2)
Sweet & Sticky (Carbs, saccharide food energy, microbe food)

Attachments

• 33A0FC00-B61D-421A-9E39-5E27D6B54531.jpeg
    33A0FC00-B61D-421A-9E39-5E27D6B54531.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
  • 8B45CEB3-3283-43D3-BFEA-FB87302E651F.jpeg
    8B45CEB3-3283-43D3-BFEA-FB87302E651F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
  • 344CC809-76C5-44BE-9C16-C0494413E9B6.jpeg
    344CC809-76C5-44BE-9C16-C0494413E9B6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
  • 2F5F6599-6F25-4A6B-87C1-7E4E79B0FD48.jpeg
    2F5F6599-6F25-4A6B-87C1-7E4E79B0FD48.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
  • B9DFDFCB-9D13-471B-B2BF-E899FB7F8F5C.jpeg
    B9DFDFCB-9D13-471B-B2BF-E899FB7F8F5C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
  • 42AA9054-70DD-4EE5-8234-CA315436C84C.jpeg
    42AA9054-70DD-4EE5-8234-CA315436C84C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
  • A17825E2-5776-42DB-80D5-545A6A53273D.jpeg
    A17825E2-5776-42DB-80D5-545A6A53273D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
It’s been hot where I’m too. In fact, it’s been so hot, I’ve been moving my plants into the shade for a few hours during the middle of the day. You might try doing that and/or wrapping the pots with a light colored fabric, like a pillow case.

Also, what size pots are those? Could they be root bound? Also, what’s your grow medium?

Additionally, you might want to do a “rinse & reset”. Run 2-3 times as much plain water as the pot size, to rinse out any nute build up.

So, your nutes come out to 5-11-12, with kelp, carbohydrates, amino acids, and trace minerals?
Sounds okay, but it sounds like you're trying to cross a bottle nute grow with organics.
Do you have any details on the "plant enzymes"?

from the website: Plant Enzymes contains over 7,000 active units/ml of the enzyme Cellulase which breaks down Cellulose; the most abundant element on earth - it’s what make up dead root matter!

Every nute I use is from one company (Humboldt’s secret) and intended to be used together. Not sure what you’re suggesting with the “crossing“.

Hi NorCaknowYourGrow.... I think it could be turning yellow from the stress do to the high heat you are experiencing in your area try putting them in a lil bit of shade for a few days and see if that helps. Also how is your Ph in the soil? Was thinking it could also be the starting of salt build up in the soil making it a lil hot nute wise for your plants.

It’s been hot where I’m too. In fact, it’s been so hot, I’ve been moving my plants into the shade for a few hours during the middle of the day. You might try doing that and/or wrapping the pots with a light colored fabric, like a pillow case.

Also, what size pots are those? Could they be root bound? Also, what’s your grow medium?

Additionally, you might want to do a “rinse & reset”. Run 2-3 times as much plain water as the pot size, to rinse out any nute build up.

I can’t move these to shade or anywhere else. Too heavy. They are in “420” soil. The sizes are 7 gallon (2), 10 gallon (7) and 15 gallon (1). I have flushed them a few times but maybe not enough. The one with the most yellowing is in the 15. I used mostly 7 gallon last year and had no issues with being root bound. Plus the fabric pots are supposed to help with that...hope they actually do.

I will wrap the pots in a white row cover material and see if that helps them. I will find a way to create some shade.

The carbs are only in the sweet n sticky.
I was referring to the carbs for microbe food. They're less important in bottle nute grows as the nutrients in the bottle are usually already in a form the plant can take up, whereas organic grows the microbes break down organic matter (ie dead root matter) into nutrients for the plant.
Hi NorCaknowYourGrow.... I think it could be turning yellow from the stress do to the high heat you are experiencing in your area try putting them in a lil bit of shade for a few days and see if that helps. Also how is your Ph in the soil? Was thinking it could also be the starting of salt build up in the soil making it a lil hot nute wise for your plants.

I haven’t been testing ph honestly. My meter broke and I just never got to replacing it. I’ve been thinking about this.

Last year I rarely had to do a thing to the nutes water. Always ended up in the right range. I have never done anything (in any grow) with the non-nute water. Just straight from the hose.

Can’t move ‘em. Too big unfortunately. But I will create some shade with row covers and bamboo structure. The big 15 gallon pot one With the most yellow already gets shade for several hours a day but that’s before the biggest heat in mid to late afternoon so maybe it isn’t enough.

The yellowing lower leaves would tell me they’re hungry for more N. If you’re in NorCal like me, you’re looking at another month or more of vigorous veg. Give em more!
:morenutes:

I was thinking the same - maybe not enough N rather than the other suggestions of too many nutes. I was feeling leery of going to heavy on the nutes because three of my indoor grow got N toxicity and ended up all clawed (despite getting exactly what the other three got and are just fine...sigh...).

Either way, I wrapped the black fabric pots in a double layer of white row cover material, flushed them out thoroughly and will give them a full dose of nutes early tomorrow morning unless they're looking better because they needed the flush.

Details:
Outdoor grow (obviously)
Humboldt’s Secret nutes (Info on these are at the bottom)

Weekly doses of entire nutes regimen based on where they are in the grow cycle (higher flower stacker for those in flowering less for those not).

A secondary dose of “Golden Tree” today and plants look worse (never seen this). It’s supposed to be a bring a plant back from the dead nute.

It has been quite hot so they are needing water 4-5 days a week as they are in black fabric pots.

I generally use the higher amount of nutes in the range recommended Per the manufacturer every other week and the middle of this range the alternating weeks so there is no burn.

Only the big one in the black with green stripes is truly going into flowering.

Not all plants are yellowing but 6 of 10 are in varying degrees.

Perhaps they just need MORE nutrients because of the increased need for water?

Base A (4-0-1)
Base B (1-4-2)
(A&B have some Ca Mg and Fulvic acid)

Golden Tree (0-0-2)
Kelp, Amino acids, carbs, minerals

Flower Stacker (0-7-5)
CalMag & Iron (2-0-0)
Plant Enzymes
Tree Trunk (Silicate 0-0-2)
Sweet & Sticky (Carbs, saccharide food energy, microbe food)
I exactly why now. You mess with her too much. Feed her the basics * nitrogen in veg. Phosphorus for flower. I throw mine in FFOF , start giving her the soil trio after a month, water her and walk away. I water mine 2x a week rn and done . Too much bs it's a weed. Happy growing

Attachments

• 20200627_094419.jpg
    20200627_094419.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
Lmao.... Weeds are what I let my dog piss on that are on my lawn.... Cannabis is an amazing plant in which a lot of people on here take great pride in growing. :)
And for all we know animals piss on them at night. It's a weed that can take a lot of abuse. But if you mess with them too much they turn on ya. Best thing to do to your precious weed is to leave her alone. I dont check PH and never have. I ran out of FF so I've got sand on bottom 3rd! . Look at her. I grow MONSTERS without any fuss. Never gotten any deficiency of any kind EVER. in fact it's about to get easier once my MEGACROP comes in lol one part feed that grows monsters. I ignore her and she loves me for it. I'll bet my life hes not pulling 14 ounces off. That yellow mess but I will

Back
Top Bottom