Zkittlez, Skywalker & Kosher Kushes By CoffeeShopSeeds

New Name For Chunky Cherry Thai x Dos-si-do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would it be to much to ask if you n mrs otter come stay at my house next summer. I got a real big back yard. Lots of sun. You could plant your bushes all-round the place. Just think bout it a while and lmk. :love:

Looking good bro!
I have to tell you I'm enjoying outdoor growing more with every season. Well if you have a rather large Airstream trailer parked in the yard we may!
Candidas are looking beautiful, but still a ways to go yet. I sure hope bad weather holds off a little longer. 🤞

:popcorn:
Another sunny day today Beez! Tomorrow's a promise too!
Hey hey, I'm a bit behind but I intend to catch up. Bode and Otter, are you adding anything like a castile soap or oil to make the JMS stick to the leaves or do they not need that?
Nothing now. First time some aloe.
Highya SO, CR, guys,

I don't add anything to the spray because it's going on budded ladies. The less anything I put on them the better while buds are finishing up. I probably should wash the buds before putting to dry, but I like streamlined. I've never had any problem by not sashing. Happy Smokin'
Less is best! Just JMS now unless I get a surprise. Bugs are at bay. October cannabis growing in Massachusetts is = to October baseball. Not all make it and everyone's tired that do. Maine too! Saturday's the 1st!

SOIL MIXING UPDATE

Hi folks, it's been a few weeks since I mixed the new barrel of soil and I've been watching it. First, I have been shooting the outside barrel for temperature with a laser temp tool. Lack luster raise in temp in my opinion. The un amended barrel stayed the same temp through the week I checked on it. That seemed od. Could have seen a few degrees higher. So Second, today I opened it up and dug around to find the mix a little dry! WATER is the magic potion in the right amount in this game!
So I loaded 2 gallons with lactic acid bacteria. Maybe a quarter cup each gal. and put it to work. I'll see if there's any temp difference starting tomorrow. Mid October is the date I'd like to make for the new @Herbies Seeds grow and I want it to be just right. I'm glad I paid attention, this may have been an unnecessary catastrophic start!
That made a total of 6 gallons in 45ish gallons of soil mixed.
Squeeze a handful tight. It should not drip water, and it should stay in a ball in your hand perfectly. That, and leave some air on top so it can breath and won't go anaerobic and smell like death or worse. ☠️

TGIF BOKASHI MAKING UPDATE
Good day all! I believe this time I made a batch of bokashi @Bill284 would be proud to see! It's a little work but light work and I'm left with a magical microbial mass of goodness! This time it smells good enough to eat! I had to get it out of the shed as I thought it may attract predators. Ixnay to that! Here's how it went.

I bought a Sterlite Ultra•Seal™ 8.1 Qt. Bowl and overfilled it with wheat bran from the agriculture store I got in bulk of 25 or 30 lb's.

Put that in a 5 gallon bucket and proceeded to follow a recipe from the net using my homemade lactic acid bacteria and molasses and water. Mixed it up well with my hands and stuffed it into the air tight sterlite container making sure it was packed everywhere and up to the very top. Sealed the lid and burped any air out. That was let to sit untouched for 2 weeks.

When I opened it it smelled sweet and there was no mold at all so I put my screen setup in the shed with a fan on them and in 2 days of raking it with a stick and my fingers it dried nicely.
Today I carded it into largs coffee bags my local importer and all around nice guy gave me. He does not partake in the cannabis but his coffees are superb!

I got almost 5 pounds of the nicest smelling bag of microbes you can imagine for almost no money. The wheat bran has many more of these batches left. The LAB too! Amazon here has it for 45.00 for 6 lbs. I didn't spend that in materials that will make probably 5 or 8 times that. My kind of deal!

I didn't mention the actual recipe because I can't say for sure how good or not it is and you can find one on the net easy enough. It used surprisingly little LAB to get it done.
HAPPY FRIDAY

Highya SO,

I've seen Bokashi for awhile. Isn't that the product you put into bins to compost down household organic scraps? Seems easy enough. I take all my scraps out to the compost pile, and turn it once in awhile. Do you like the composting process with Bokashi? I'm starting to have a less hands on approach, getting older. I get tired to quick now! Have you used the compost much? Wait, that's what you topdress with occasionally. Must be really favorable for Cannabis ladies! Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

I've seen Bokashi for awhile. Isn't that the product you put into bins to compost down household organic scraps? Seems easy enough. I take all my scraps out to the compost pile, and turn it once in awhile. Do you like the composting process with Bokashi? I'm starting to have a less hands on approach, getting older. I get tired to quick now! Have you used the compost much? Wait, that's what you topdress with occasionally. Must be really favorable for Cannabis ladies! Happy Smokin'
I'm a horrible composter at present. I use it for the microbial boost it brings to the garden. Top dressed every couple weeks or three outdoors and in. @Bill284 uses it in his method and I thought it a perfect addition for what I do in LOS. He adds it, and insect frass. The plants like it a lot!
My compost is composed of outdoor things and not kitchen too. It should but I don't. As I was looking around on the net for recipes for this I found what you're talking about. A layer of material, a layer of bokashi, repeat in a closed container. No air allowed or necessary. It even does meat and fats they say. If I get the indoor compost bug, it'll be with this.
Now that I have this recipe I can do more with my outdoor stuff and hopefully bring a bin inside. Not yet tough. I assume it will put a compost heap into fast forward.

It should ork good in the basement. Temps are cooler, and will take awhile to compost. Shouldn't be much smell either, with the LAB. I love organics! Happy Smokin'

I'm a horrible composter at present. I use it for the microbial boost it brings to the garden. Top dressed every couple weeks or three outdoors and in. @Bill284 uses it in his method and I thought it a perfect addition for what I do in LOS. He adds it, and insect frass. The plants like it a lot!
My compost is composed of outdoor things and not kitchen too. It should but I don't. As I was looking around on the net for recipes for this I found what you're talking about. A layer of material, a layer of bokashi, repeat in a closed container. No air allowed or necessary. It even does meat and fats they say. If I get the indoor compost bug, it'll be with this.
Now that I have this recipe I can do more with my outdoor stuff and hopefully bring a bin inside. Not yet tough. I assume it will put a compost heap into fast forward.
The Bokashi is great for compost.
Turns veg into available nutrients for your girls.
Riddle your pile of compost with it.
You will be pleased.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

GETTING RIPE UPDATE

We're squeezing the last sunny day out of September here today. The ladies are loving life! Just minimal bud rot and no powdery mildew yet. None in the yard anywhere I can find. So one is slowing way down :woohoo: in pistol production! I haven't seen an outbreak all week. She's getting frosty too! Now on drought from my efforts, day 1. Let's see how it goes. I won't let her go to rot for a drought and rain is on the menu only tomorrow so 👍. All next week is ☀️!
Here's the finished pistoling one.

And the one that won't stop making them.

Edit: On yesterday's note of adding water to the soil pile. BINGO! The barrel with old used soil reads 69f. Directly next to it the amended and re water calculated one read 74f !! That's what we're looking for!

Awesome shrubbery ya got there!
lol monty phyton and the holy grail

MontyPythonAndTheHolyGrail-bVXC6WUs-subtitled.jpg

Highya SO, Hayron, guys,

Would compost be a suitable replacement providing you don’t have a microbial innocculant like mycos or whatever else they have out there. I would assume that if it does, it wouldn’t be as strong
I don't use mychorrizae, so I do use JMS to add to the soil every week from seedling to harvest. They get lots of microbes that way, and I make them myself. The buds are leaning so hard from being huge, I'll cut harvest her if we get much wind. She couldn't sustain much! Happy Smokin'

Congratulations Stone
Member of the Month for September
Well deserved my friend. :welldone:

Stay safe

Highya SO, Hayron, guys,

I don't use mychorrizae, so I do use JMS to add to the soil every week from seedling to harvest. They get lots of microbes that way, and I make them myself. The buds are leaning so hard from being huge, I'll cut harvest her if we get much wind. She couldn't sustain much! Happy Smokin'
I love that talk! It's a relief to get this far and can bail if necessary!
Awesome job Stone
:goodjob::slide:
Thanks Dan, getting close!

Congratulations Stone
Member of the Month for September
Well deserved my friend. :welldone:

Stay safe
Thanks Bill! My heart's aflutter this morning :love:
Here here.

Now to carry that good fortune into harvest.

Let the Stone show go strong!
Thanks DV8!

Highya SO,

Congratulations on Member of the Month win!! Very nice!! Happy Smokin'

Everybody loves a winner Stone. Congrats on you MotM win! :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom