Molasses or Blackstrap Molasses used with hempy buckets?

Jchron08

Hey guys, can you use blackstrap molasses with hempy buckets? I know they say soil and coco and no hydro. I ask since there is a small res. I am using coco and perlite about 60/40.Anyone done this with proven results? Also specifically talking during flower or flush? Both?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Really no one has used blackstrap or any kind of molasses with hempy buckets?

I think it's likely a very bad idea. Putting molasses in any sort of res is usually considered trouble as it invites 'slime' type growth, which hempies are a bit prone to anyway, at least in my experience.

Thanks any suggestions nutes or otherwise to increase size, yield, potency, etc? I'm currently only using maxibloom.

Hmmm... you know, I've been growing a few years but my main focus is still on growing healthy plants. I find that there is almost always something I'm doing slightly wrong Ph mistakes, slight overfeeding or underfeeding usually, which affects the plant health a bit and therefore must reduce yield. So my main focus has been on plant health and increasing yield that way. Once I feel I can grow healthy plants from start to finish (I'm getting closer now) , and have a handle on all the little subtle details and kinks that come up in the road, I might start exploring other tricks and supplements and stuff.
Other than that sort of non-answer, the main way to increase yield is to make sure that the plant is well lit, which often involves training to maximize the lit part of the plant canopy.
There are many many growers here who know lots of possible yield enhancing tactics and additives. I'm just not one of them ;)

Hmmm... you know, I've been growing a few years but my main focus is still on growing healthy plants. I find that there is almost always something I'm doing slightly wrong Ph mistakes, slight overfeeding or underfeeding usually, which affects the plant health a bit and therefore must reduce yield. So my main focus has been on plant health and increasing yield that way. Once I feel I can grow healthy plants from start to finish (I'm getting closer now) , and have a handle on all the little subtle details and kinks that come up in the road, I might start exploring other tricks and supplements and stuff.
Other than that sort of non-answer, the main way to increase yield is to make sure that the plant is well lit, which often involves training to maximize the lit part of the plant canopy.
There are many many growers here who know lots of possible yield enhancing tactics and additives. I'm just not one of them ;)

I"m same way as I'll take Quality over Quantity any day of the week. Once I get Quality down to a constant then I will worry about increasing volume, but new at this and have a long ways to go before I worry about that bridge ;)

Sorry for hijack, back on topic :rofl: I have no science to base it on, but I would think even diluted sugars would not be good in a hyrdo, I mean some nasty stuff can grow in a forgotten pop/soda can(depends where you live) with a little pop/soda in it in much less than a week. Lovely green and white stuff, which may or may not be a good fungus though I guess. But I have no experience with Hydro just expressing what my gut says.

Tead is kind of the local hempy pusher around here and he thinks beneficials (fungi and bacteria) would probably have no use in a hempy. Personally I think the subject needs exploring. The Cap'n style growers (DTW hydro in rockwool) have done amazing things and beneficials are a huge part of that growing style.
If I ever do hempy again I'll definitely try brewing teas, or buy simpler but expensiver additives like Subculture or Recharge. I'm using coco for my next DTW run, and I think I'll try a comparison test with/without the bennies. Thanks for reminding me that I want to do this.

PS- is this 'Dwight Monk' fellow the artist formerly known as Urban Monk, by any chance. Get promoted and left the monastery?

PS- is this 'Dwight Monk' fellow the artist formerly known as Urban Monk, by any chance. Get promoted and left the monastery?

Shhhh.....crud I wasn't incognito enough ;):rofl::rofl:

but yeah I'm a volunteer Bot Basher lol

Thanks for the advice, I've been running the same strain now in hempys to much success and was looking for something new to try during my final weeks.

Mostly f the late flowering 'bloom booster' type nutes are high P with no N. Good for using in the last couple weeks to reduce the N levels and possible help the buds put out a little extra. You have to factor it in to your nute total amount. When I do it I usually just skip the regular bloom feed at the end and substitute the bloom booster instead. The main difference is no N, and N is something you don't really want in there by harvest. I do that for sativa strains which need less N in general. The one I'm using is Bitanicare Hydroplex
I can't say that it really makes much difference to bud size but it's just one way to help yellow them up and ripen at the end. I wouldn't worry too much about these products unless you have extra money and are just curious.
Other people may have better ideas about the bloom booster products as this isn't my thing really.
Really I think health and overall environmental conditions are the number one focus.

I think it's likely a very bad idea. Putting molasses in any sort of res is usually considered trouble as it invites 'slime' type growth, which hempies are a bit prone to anyway, at least in my experience.

I know the post old but I grow with soil perlite and coco in a hempy I plan to add a little molasses next week I usually do

Attachments

• 763109B2-AEDC-4347-8D3C-700C195FAB10.jpeg
    763109B2-AEDC-4347-8D3C-700C195FAB10.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 124
Back
Top Bottom