Gator's Cage

Propa Gator

250 CMH bare bulb vertical, inside a 30" diameter wire cage!!
New grow started two weeks ago. Kinda :hmmmm:
Those poor scraggly baby sisters languished under T8s at least a month too long, in two inch cups for crying out loud. Still ...
100% coco coir, clone to cola.
These are all from one seed of Pineapple Express: a gift. My trial grow showed much worthiness. I have several mamas on slow simmer under those T8s with high CRI tubes.
Those sad looking stunted root-bound oft wilted 'clones' needed some beefing up when they got transfered to the two liter bottles. They got two days, then on the timer for twelves. They look like they might complete cycle while crowded so I'll push this envelope a bit and we might see something. 16 plants in 6.25 sq ft. Kinda. Bare vertical changes the rules of green thumbs.
Two weeks in a cage. That's #14 welded wire, 2x4. It's 4' high.
Half inch hose rings both sides to fertigate through simple angle connectors. Excess drains through quarter inch plumbing.
H&G Cocos and Pro Tekt @ 600ppm total going in. 240ppm city water.
000_05692.JPG

000_06052.JPG

Re: Gators' Cage

Day 13 flowering. Stretching out nicely to make room for sticky biggies.
Nothing original here, all the knarly bits are stolen ideas from growers who've paved my path.
:thedoubletake: Holy outside the Box Creation! :clap:
:thumb: :nomo:
Welcome, Mr Hospitality. Box by IKEA. Sideways thinking by Propa Gator.
Tastie treats for sure! Nice setup Propa Gator.
The show has started peeps. :popcorn: :popcorn:
Welcome, Joe. I do it in coco too.
Stinky results from trial CMH vert, one of 3 PEs.
000_0557.JPG

This is the Pakistani medicine plant from the trial that pleases my palate:
000_05681.JPG

Wtf?.....kewl!!!!
Mr Viper, beware! :hmmmm:
Those equipt with loreal pits should be wary of low-hanging bulbs.
Nice to see you hard at work PG!!
Your work starts soon, if not already. I'm happy to've prompted you to post.
If not Monty Python approved, this grow is a bit different. Welcome, my friend.
My work here was to rassel a four foot square of fencing onto a base for each side. Then invent plumbing. So far this:
000_0613.JPG

What the hell is going on here? I will be watchin this one!!:bong:
If I gotta go to hell for it, can I have a smoke first? :bigtoke:

Mr Sun, "Welcome to my nightmare" quoth the man who likes to ride.
You wanted a report on that landrace Pakistani, old school indica. My favorite everyday medicine. Doesn't leave me dazed and confused while magically blunting the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Puts a spearminty flavour/sensation in my mouth for happy breath. Well, I'm happy at least ;)
36" tall yielding more than two ozs from a one liter pot was a gift for this careless grower. Rootbound like I couldn't believe, but coco allows water through-put like nothing short of hydroton. Plus, I think that burly biosh digested some coco with acid reflux from the roots, clearing a bit more space? My mistake for not transplanting up in time, but... the new envelope has been stretched bigger. These new PEs were half sized when they met the night, and two liter bottles are bigger even if a bit small by conventional wisdom. Daily flushing/purging via water to waste is the shoehorn. I have a set of three-liter bottles for an up-coming grow. Whole hog.
:reading420magazine: I will definitely be watching this....I love all the DIY in there.

:nicethread: +rep

:peace: brother.
Welcome brother. DYI is the only way to fly when you think that your own ideas are better. I seek efficiency as defined by me. With what I have to work with, this is the best I could dream up and nobody sells any of this stuff for this purpose. Very little money spent.

Outstanding configuration.

All recycling should be done this way ;)
High Soniq! Doing my green bit for the planet. I've heard of a Hawaiian off-shore collection of grow gear :surf:
The fence/trellis idea was a grow photo I saw somewhere. Tie-backs keep 'em in the zone ;)
Awesome stuff all 'round. Def in for this one!
High PG (the other one), glad you found me. Let's rock the boat.

These 16 have enjoyed 14 nights.
000_0616.JPG
000_06151.JPG

I'm on a fence and must make a move. Either split half of these to a twin box with a fresh-fabbed wire rack at the ready and hope they fully appreciate the extra space or ...
I have 8 ready/rooted babies in need of a home. These are Great Whites, a strain I have not yet run nor tasted. My third box is a virgin tent; erected but not yet employed. It's a 40" with a 400, reflector is already tossed. I've one CMH bulb for it. I wanted to run 12 in the 'big' tent, but couldn't cut enough 11 days ago. I have nine but one's definately a runt

Here's one half of the empty boxs' cage, just made:
000_0614.JPG

They just slide into the box with no connectors except the T fitting joining the feed lines.

Ingenious, and cheap too ;)

Love how easily that cage can be installed and removed to switch grow styles or changing needs. What I had in mind was to use the tent poles to secure the trellises, but this is way better.

Can't wait to see you fire up that 400 CMH ;)

How do you set the height of the bulb? Does it ever go below canopy level? Do you change distance at different stages of growth?

I'm so glad you decided to do a journal ;).

Mr Sun, "Welcome to my nightmare" quoth the man who likes to ride.
You wanted a report on that landrace Pakistani, old school indica. My favorite everyday medicine. Doesn't leave me dazed and confused while magically blunting the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Puts a spearminty flavour/sensation in my mouth for happy breath. Well, I'm happy at least ;)
36" tall yielding more than two ozs from a one liter pot was a gift for this careless grower. Rootbound like I couldn't believe, but coco allows water through-put like nothing short of hydroton. Plus, I think that burly biosh digested some coco with acid reflux from the roots, clearing a bit more space? My mistake for not transplanting up in time, but... the new envelope has been stretched bigger. These new PEs were half sized when they met the night, and two liter bottles are bigger even if a bit small by conventional wisdom. Daily flushing/purging via water to waste is the shoehorn. I have a set of three-liter bottles for an up-coming grow. Whole hog.

That's right, I remember you told me in PM. That plant is quite a testament to coco and your grow chops.

thanks for the report, it sounds like excellent smoke. Know what you mean about dazed and confused. Some of these newer indicas are just a bit much in that department for me, unless I'm heading straight to bed.

Welcome brother. DYI is the only way to fly when you think that your own ideas are better. I seek efficiency as defined by me. With what I have to work with, this is the best I could dream up and nobody sells any of this stuff for this purpose. Very little money spent.

Creativity and cheap stuff that works always perks up the old heart rate ;).

thanks for the welcome brother!

000_0626.JPG

000_0625.JPG

Hands on petioles pointing sideways twist 90* to the light.
Others try other tricks, some fail and get lit up under their skirts but don't whine. Tough girls ;)
Their buds is poppin out. Oh, boy

SS, I adjust the position of the bulb to how I like it. Cord hung from an eyelet top dead center.
I'm not hanging a hood here :smokin:

These GWSes will go into 3 liter bottles tomorrow
000_0620.JPG

Those girls are looking great already, I may have to add a dangled pot to my grow to try out a nice little cola of Church (I can have 3 blooming)...you sir are a genius! :woohoo:

:peace: brother.

Here's one half @17 days, the other side looks the same
000_06302.JPG

Mounting up cage # 2, Great White Shark @ 12 days -.-.- a bit premature
000_0629.JPG

left side transplanted but the root ball was not developed enough, so I left the other side in their 2 1/2 oz coco cups for a bit
000_06322.JPG

Twin boxes, twin cages, different bare naked bulbs
000_0633.JPG

Big day, arbeiten macht frie. Long ride on my bike I'm tired. A buzz then bed :peace:

Back
Top Bottom