They're completely swapable, Matey ;)

Re: Gators' Cage

My eye sees sticky better than my camera
000_06761.JPG

left,right
000_0689.JPG

000_0688.JPG

I should have turned that nasty yellow light off for a nice photo :sorry:

This is the new crew that rates my one, precious 250 CMH.
The yellowest runt is finally getting with the program. I was hoping
These are GWS, and to me seem a bit less hardy than PE
PEs are like Timex watches: Take a licking and keep on ticking!
However, no watch ever smelled so fine. Anyway:
000_0685.JPG

000_0686.JPG

I'll have to up my propagation game level with GWS. They didn't all hit the big light a'runnin. The retard is greening now, but they all should have hit that vigorous stage together. On onother hand, un-even height in a cage is less disrupting than under hor hoods. All growth is basically in the sweet spot of lamp output within the 18 or so inches on the 'y' axis.
That band is mostly buds now in the PE box, with trichs busting out to do chemical warfare with bugs.
Stone them! A ladybug showed briefly then disappeared. Happy to see it, happy to see it gone; means the buffet table was bare - no food ;)
Maybe the maintenence dose of silicone in the water does as Dyna-Gro says and makes sucker bugs un-happy trying to tap my girls. Hey, they're sweet and easy but not cheap! Bugs better pack a lunch when they come round here. I have tricks not treats for them when they do. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I uploaded some new photos to gallery but they're not significantly different and can stay there. The budding box of PE doesn't concern me much, it's on a course that will likely work. It's the GWS that I ponder, ie: how big to veg before flipping? I want at least 50g each, dry trimmed primo bud. How tall is that? 600g w/ 400w is my goal for that grow.
I'll be cutting GWS for my third cab/tent. It's a 39" HTG cheapie -$160- that will have a 400w CMH bulb down the middle of it's cage. 12 is my plan, so I'll cut at least 15 to be sure. I'll also start a new seed or two, sloth has reduced my mom selection to just PE and GWS.

After seeing the pictures of your last effort, I fully expect you to hit your goal unless the fates intervene.

I'm planning a CMH bare bulb vertical grow this summer, so reading your journal is my homework until then. Outstanding job Propa! :bravo:

OBX, emulation is the most sincere form of flattery, the kind that will put my heart on global tweet. 'Side light' is the best, my only light.
Here's two of the 'proof of concept' trial grow. The PE in foreground was 32", yielded 50g. The Pakistani in the back was 4" taller, yielded 65g.
000_0521.JPG

At 24 days into flower, trial-grow PEs were 50% taller with a lot more 'volume' than current grow w/ HPS. I'm hoping for 20g ea for the 16 PEs in box #1. 320g w/ 250w is better than any flat grow I'm aware of - LEDs included. I believe 8 PEs @ 50g each w/ 250w CMH is realistic.
000_02842.JPG

I want to smoke the flowering plants NOW!!!
They do stink nicely, and put the sticky on me but I'm not gonna do it. Yet
im here for the rest of this grow
I'm on your grow too, Weedy. Good stuff

My plan is to flip the timer on the GWS when they're a foot tall, but I might get impatient. I never know what I'm going to do till I see it happen, so do stay tuned. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom