1st Grow - Rainforest 66 & DWC System - 400W HID - 8 Different Strains - Hydroponics

BrandoGreen

1/17/2012- Grow room construction completed.

-Have a decent sized closet that I turned into my veg. room. I will either use the other closet (there is an identical closet right next to this closet) or get a grow tent to flower in.

-Attitude Seed Bank was having a nice promotion so i grabbed a couple of different strains. They were ordered a little over a week ago so they should be here pretty soon. Was wondering if anyone had any input as to which would be best to start with (all of the seeds are feminized)?
1) Reserva Privada OG Kush
2) Reserva Privada Sour Kush AKA Headband (x2)
3) Reserva Privada Cole Train
4) DNA Genetics LA Woman
5) Reserva Privada OG Kush #18
6) Reserva Privada Silver LA
7) DNA Genetics LA Confidential
8) DNA Genetics Seeds Stacked Kush

-Already have my DWC setup made (pictured). I made it from a 5 gallon bucket, 6" net pot, air and water pump and a decent size air stone.

-I also ordered and will be receiving on Saturday, a Rainforest 66 aeroponics system, by General Hydroponics, a Yield-Master 2 4" Reflector, Harvest Pro Elite 400w ballast and a 400w MH bulb.

-I will be using the FloraGrow, MicroGrow and FloraBloom by General Hydroponics. Any comments on these nutrients.

-I should be germinating and up and running by next week. Looking forward to getting going and getting everything underway.

Re: 1st Grow - Rainforest 66 and DWC System, 400W HID, 8 Different Strains, Hydroponi

Pictures:

Left Side:
photo-329.jpg

Right Side:
photo-246.jpg

Above:
photo-424.jpg

From Outside:
photo495.jpg

Re: 1st Grow - Rainforest 66 and DWC System, 400W HID, 8 Different Strains, Hydroponi

Nice set up! Welcome to 420 Magazine! The welcome wagon will be here shortly!!! As for which ones to start with, hmm I like these 2, Reserva Privada Sour Kush AKA Headband , and, LA Confidential, both have about the same flowering time, yield and height , and both have different effects. you wont be over loaded with one type of med. Anyway you go you've got a great selection. As for nutes, I am a Blue Planet Nutrients guy. Damn good stuff. And Corey is one dynomite guy. Happy gardening!!:peace::love::adore::morenutes:

1/16/2013 - Germination begins Monday!!!

After the long delay, I finally got my seeds from Attitude in the mail today! I also added an exhaust system today (pictured), but I still need to get a 4" in-line fan this weekend. I also got my equipment today and am currently in the process of setting everything up. Will put pictures up when everything is up. Should have everything completed by Monday and will begin germinating then!

Exhaust System (Outside View):
photo-520.jpg

Exhaust System:
photo-619.jpg

1/20/2013 - Germination has Begun!

***I wrote the date wrong on the last post, it should be 1/19/2013.

I couldn't wait any longer and went ahead and put my seeds into cups of water to begin their germination. I also built a small germination/cloning area (pictured)!

Cover Down:
photo-817.jpg

Cover Up:
photo-916.jpg

I'm Germinating:
-Headband
-Stacked Kush
-L.A. Confidential
-L.A. Women
-OG Kush

I'm still finishing setting up all the equipment but should have pictures of everything by tomorrow.

1/22/2013 - Finally Started!

I have all my equipment set up and everything ready to start growing (Pictured).

photo-1219.jpg

photo-1117.jpg

photo-1019.jpg

I was happy to see that so far three out of the five seeds have germinated. I took the three seeds, deepened the holes in the rapid rooters and planted a seed in each of the rapid rooters. I then placed them in a tray with a lid and am keeping them under fluorescent lights that I am keeping on 24/7 (Pictured). I am trying to keep the temperature between 75-80 degrees with as high of a humidity as possible.

photo-1315.jpg

-Should I have the seedlings that I planted in rapid rooters under lights??

The only seeds that have not germinated are the L.A. Women and the L.A. Confidential. The two remaining seeds have been in water for about 57 hours. If I see no results by the end of the day, I am going to take them out of the water and put them in paper towels to continue germination. If that continues to yield no results after a day or two, I am just going to try and start the ungerminated seeds in rapid rooters and see what happens.

I figure that at least one of the seeds is not going to start, so I decided to germinate two more seeds. Today at 3pm, I placed another Headband seed and an OG #18 seed in water to start germinating. Best case scenario, all of the seeds germinate and I just create another small grow chamber and hydroponics system to support the extra plants.

-Anything else I should be doing or any comments or suggestions??

I will make an update as soon as there are more developments!

1/22/2013 - Finally Started!

-Anything else I should be doing or any comments or suggestions??
About seed germination. I always leave them in the water till the "tail" shows, then put them in the growing medium, for me that's soil, and then keep them moist. If you look real close(microscope action ) at the "tail" you will see micro roots. I believe that putting them in a paper towel or similar item to sprout them move, would possibly rip the roots attached to said item. This could stress the seed and cause the plant to deform, grow slower, and even fail to continue to germinate. There are people who have had great success with the paper towel method. But it requires being on top of the seed and planting it soon after it splits the hull. I like putting the seeds in a flat bottom bowl, or a container that i can seal to keep the water in, and not loose it to evap. What ever method you decide to use I wish you luck and most importantly patience. I had a seed last year that did not sprout quickly, it took 3 weeks, and that was with the water submersion. They pop when they want to.:cheer:

None of them have sprouted from the rapid rooters yet, but hoping they will in the next couple of days. Also, the L.A. women finally germinated and I placed that one in a rapid rooter and placed in on the tray under the dome. The L.A. Confidential never germinated, so I placed it between some paper towels and will wait another day before I just stick it in a rapid rooter and see what happens. I also turned the lights off. I'll wait to see a sprout before I turn my fluorescents back on.

-Should I be leaving the light on?

Thanks for the help!

1/24/2013 (9am) - Sprouts! Sprouts! Sprouts!

I checked this morning and was happy to see that the OG Kush and the Headband has sprouted! The OG's sprout still has the seed at the top but is slowly busting out of it. The Headband has sprouted nicely and has 2 little leafs. I did notice that over night the temperature got a little high, about 91 degrees, so when I went and checked my plants this morning I vented the entire room and got the temperature back under control.

photo-1512.jpg

The OG #18 seed I was germinating finally cracked and I planted it in a rapid rooter and put it in the dome. The L.A. Confidential seed still will not germinate so I put it in a rapid rooter and will just wait to see what happens.

1/24/2013 (11am) - Potential Problem with the Headband Sprout

I just went to check the sprouts and to make sure the temperature and humidity is okay and noticed that the two little leafs fell off the Headband sprout. Is that normal?

photo-1416.jpg

(The Headband sprout is the one that is the furthest one back right)

-Is this normal or is this a problem? What can I do to fix this?

Most likely. Are there any leaves at all?

No leaves on the Headband. It looked great 2 hours ago and nothings changed since I checked it so I have to idea what happened to make the cotyledon leaves fall off. Here's a better pic of the Headband.
photo-1712.jpg

Heres a close up of the OG Kush with the seeds still on it. How long until the seed should fall up?
photo-1611.jpg

1/24/2013 (11am) - Potential Problem with the Headband Sprout

I just went to check the sprouts and to make sure the temperature and humidity is okay and noticed that the two little leafs fell off the Headband sprout. Is that normal?

photo-1416.jpg

(The Headband sprout is the one that is the furthest one back right)

-Is this normal or is this a problem? What can I do to fix this?

Its dead.

Well dang thats a bummer... Maybe its because I left the humidity dome on for too long? I took the dome off and have the lights on 24/7.

-Any reasons as to why this happens?

On a more positive note the OG shed its seed and is looking great!

Well dang thats a bummer... Maybe its because I left the humidity dome on for too long? I took the dome off and have the lights on 24/7.

-Any reasons as to why this happens?

On a more positive note the OG shed its seed and is looking great!

When a seedling sheds the hull, there is a membrane that sometimes stays on the sprout, sometimes it slices the sprout as it comes off. I try to keep them moist to avoid this. I don't think keeping the dome on would have done that. Could just be a bad seed. It will happen from time to time. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom