Incredible Bulk - Money Maker & Holy Grail 69 - LED Grow

ptk2k

Strains (all feminised): Incredible Bulk (Dr. Krippling)
80% indica / 20% sativa
Genetics: Big Bud x Super Skunk x Green Spirit

Money Maker (Strain Hunters)
70% indica 30% sativa
Genetics: Master Kush x Hindu Kush x Skunk

Holy Grail 69 (Samsara)
Sativa dominant
Genetics: Matanuska Tundra x Chronic x Haze

Lighting: 400w Apollo LED

Relative Temperature: 70F - 85F

Relative Humidity: 50% - 75%

Medium: Fertilome Soil in 5 gallon buckets

Nutes: General Hydroponics Flora Series

Taproots showed after two days in damp paper towels. (10/28/15)

image1_10_.JPG
image2_8_.JPG
image3_6_.JPG

The Incredible Bulk was the first to sprout. (10/29/15)

image4_3_.JPG

The Holy Grail sprouted the next day, and the Money Maker the following day.

Screen_shot_2015-11-03_at_9_57_22_AM.png

One week in. (11/8/15)

image5_1_.JPG

image1_11_.JPG

Today. (11/14/15)

IMG_032332.JPG

image6_2_.JPG
image7_2_.JPG

image81008.JPG
image91002.JPG

image101001.JPG
image111001.JPG

All in all there are no issues! :grinjoint: They're all growing very short and stout with insanely strong stalks. Let me know what you all think! Happy growing!:yahoo::yummy:

Hey all! Quick update for these LED ladies here. They're all growing great, insanely short and stout for the most part. I want to bend them each one direction to expose the inner nodes but all 3 of them are sturdy as wood.. I'm scared that if I even bend them a little they'll snap. I mean they're INSANELY strong.. Their cotyledons haven'y even turned yellow yet! Let me know what you think! :blunt:
image1_13_.JPG
image2_10_.JPG
image3_8_.JPG
image4_5_.JPG
image5_3_.JPG
image6_3_.JPG
image7_3_.JPG

Is something I did when starting with led's if you want to stretch them out start and keep under florescent light for the first 2 to 3 weeks and let them stretch out a bit. Led lights are very directional and need to be 16 to 18 inches above young plants or they will have short thick growth the nodes will be very close to gather. If height is an issue then short is good but if not then stretch them out a bit. I don't move to flower by a date or week number when plant is 3' tall because the bloom stretch will take them to end in 12 inches from lights.
You are doing very good they are pretty girls. Just thought I would suggest some things I learned.

Try some Ponytailing method to expose undergrowth :) Check Atrain journals :thumb:
Ponytailing +tucking get's you more like a bush,and more level tops:)
Tried first time and it's a game changer ;););)
LST is always good,and don't be afraid to bend tops,do it steady...
I usually bend till i hear/feel that stem is cracking,and that's were i stop.
Some people go and actually break them with no Mercy,but i wouldn't suggest that :thumb:

Regarding your light,i would have it at 24" let them stretch a bit.
You got decent led and you should bring it down to 12"-18" when flowering.
Since your light is 80*5w led it's canopy penetration is more intense,and I would keep young plants at distance:);)
They are more like lasers,which can burn young plants :)
I starting my seedlings at 30" roughly and then move closer as older they get...

Take care,you doing great :thumb:

I thought you might watch the leaves and not the tip but the general leaf at the very top and then the tips if you moved out to far the leaves toward the top of the plant will tell you if you moved it out to far. If light is to far even the saw edge of the tips will point up also watch the general leaf it will tell all about the plant. You will see it all at one time or the other. I use this because my growing area is just a little short and if I hit the stretch out just right then buds don't get to close to the lights at the end. I have one thing to add about poney tailing which I use as a last step if my top buds are going to enter that zone of burn it with leds. Some will shoot this down as being carried away on the pinch. This works and it will help. Get a couple old wooden close pins like you use to hang wash to dry. Pinch only just before it goes into a dark cycle and put the close pin in a place that will hold the bent zone down with it's weight at the end of a big water leaf. Now wait for a few days then remove close pin from the leaf and it will start to straighten back up. I will explain if you pinch and the lights stay on it will start back up right then not what you want. Under the dark period the stem cells will start to set when you put the close pin on the biggest water leaf at the end of longest leaf it will keep just a little pressure on the bend, setting it in place, and you will have a ponytail about 3 or 4 inches long and it will also make several new buds. I have read a lot about how tall your plant will be and because most seeds are hybrid it could follow either of the strains and one is always taller than the other so inconsistences is why 4 plants don't grow the same height even with same mother. Rule of thumb use the back of your hand and place between top of plant and light if is hot to you think about 12 hours of that heat every day. Like everything done to your plants if trim or pinch or any changes to it will take time and it will slow the plant down and take time to show what is happening. In bloom growth it could be an increase of more than 1/3 of it start height.

Im in. Im a noob looking to get all the info I can b4 my first indoor grow. I also plan on growing Money Maker with LED, so Im excited to see how yours turns out. I have most of my supplies but xmas hit so Im now going to wait for the rest of the stuff I need. May I ask what drove you to choose Money Maker?

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been in a fight with mites in one of my other grows. It sucks! I've also been busy with work and doing experiments with random bag seeds / freebies. ANYWAYS, ItsNatural- I chose to grow a Money Maker because I really dig Master Kush. However it's turning out to be a very small stocky plant, not complaining, just turned out to be the runt haha. These girls are just getting bigger and bigger.
(Holy Grail in back left, Money Maker on the Right, & Incredible Bulk front & center)
image1_22_.JPG

Holy Grail 69
image3_13_.JPG

Money Maker
image4_9_.JPG

Incredible Bulk
image5_5_.JPG

I actually extended the tent & put these girls in the extended area. Then added a 300w LED where they used to be for a small auto grow! The three seedlings in the larger pots are femmed Fast & Vast Autos (journal coming soon). The others are two Afghani's (germination experiments) & the other is a femmed Bubba's Gift.
image7_4_.JPG

Happy growing everyone! I'll do my best to log in more often / answer any questions!
:cheesygrinsmiley::blunt::peacetwo:

I'd also like to add that each plant has 3 points at which they are tied down. Whenever the main top grows 4 inches or more after a tie down, i tie it down again, in the same direction. This way if the main top is twisted all the way around the pot, or even half way, a TON of inner nodes are exposed, creating more main tops. I love LST! (I make sure the loops are loose enough to where the stalk won't start to grow around the string)
image2_18_.JPG
image1_23_.JPG

Yep LST all the way that's how I get my monsters too, great job mate
I'd also like to add that each plant has 3 points at which they are tied down. Whenever the main top grows 4 inches or more after a tie down, i tie it down again, in the same direction. This way if the main top is twisted all the way around the pot, or even half way, a TON of inner nodes are exposed, creating more main tops. I love LST! (I make sure the loops are loose enough to where the stalk won't start to grow around the string)
image2_18_.JPG
image1_23_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom