Any hope for this little girl?

Species0113

20170905_120921.jpg

Noob here. Growing under a viparspectra 450 at 40". 65-70% humidity, 77°, no night drop in temp., good ventilation. It was started in a 5 gal fabric grow bag but could not get it to dry out fast enough. Moved to a 1 qt container. The black gold soil and miracle grow perlite both had nutrients in them. Tried flushing twice. Not to mention soil had gnats when purchased. Flushed soil with hydrogen peroxide/water mix and sprayed surface with neem/water mix. Any hope for salvage or just start over? If I can save it it seems will just help me learn. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately I live in the boonies and there is not much to choose from. Everything has noots in it already. I may just try another flush. This time with foxfarm big bloom. I have read that could get it back on track.

What is constant flushing going to do. Most of those soil are time release, so can't see that will help much

I'd say pot her up to a 3gal or so, maybe just plain soil if u can get it, I'm sure u can find something

Also 40" seems a bit high for the lights

How old is it.....

What is constant flushing going to do. Most of those soil are time release, so can't see that will help much

I'd say pot her up to a 3gal or so, maybe just plain soil if u can get it, I'm sure u can find something

Also 40" seems a bit high for the lights

How old is it.....

40-50" is manufacturers recommendation. Plant is 15 days old.

I wouldn't give up on her

My viporspectra is about 26" above my 10day old babies

Go outside...dig up some dirt, mix it 50/50 with that dirt and plant it in a bigger pot

Then try and find some good soil, not potting soil with nutes, buy some nutes for Cannabis, and yer dialed

Unfortunately I live in the boonies and there is not much to choose from. Everything has noots in it already. I may just try another flush. This time with foxfarm big bloom. I have read that could get it back on track.

The problem with flushing MG soil is it has time released nutes, i.e. The more you water the hotter the soil becomes. So flushing at this point could cause more issues.
It looks like the main issue could be over watering, it's important for those roots to stretch out, with your humidity being at 70 and temps around 77 that plant could probably go 5 to 7 days without you watering again.

The plant doesnt look real bad other than nute burn. I have to agree with mixing your store bought soil with dirt from outside and dilute the nutrients. Wait in between waterings until your pot feels "light" when you pick it up.

Can I just remove the time release fertilizer from the soil and then use it? I know it's a pain in the rear but I can pay my wife to do it.
20170905_183618.jpg

this is how much fertilizer there was in 16 oz of soil.

Looks like it's been overwatered repeatedly. It could be stunted from stress, but if you give it time and let the soil completely dry out before next watering she should bounce back.

Update. Only been a few days but haven't watered her for like a week until last night. All new growth is looking good. Just wanted to say thanx to everyone for the tips.

20170908_205537.jpg

This may be a little late but re pot ASAP, at this point in their life their sending out roots as fast as they can, even faster than leaves. When their this young I look at them like an iceberg 2/3rds of it is under the surface. I'll bet if you take it out of the current pot you'll see roots all over the place. Leave a little of you Miracle grow on it just to ease the transition.

This may be a little late but re pot ASAP, at this point in their life their sending out roots as fast as they can, even faster than leaves. When their this young I look at them like an iceberg 2/3rds of it is under the surface. I'll bet if you take it out of the current pot you'll see roots all over the place. Leave a little of you Miracle grow on it just to ease the transition.

I know that pic is deceiving but that's actually a quart container. I have since moved it to a 5 gal. I'm currently trying to stunt it so 2 other plants can catch up. Wasn't sure it would make it so I started 2 more.

Back
Top Bottom