My first soil grow - I also need help with a seed strain for myself

HigherTheHigh

Hello everyone im back with a new grow and i need your help.

Iv never grown with soil and i have a bag of canna terra soil there, planning on using that in 20/25L pots.

My question is can i get away with just feeding the plant mollases and organic nutes? trying to be not touch any chemicals.

Will the taste and high be better than coco?

What is the veg and flowering times like? do they take longer or shorter ect.

Last question is i am after a very high indica strong strain i have a few medical issues that i dont want to really say but the normal strains i grow/smoke arent working for me and they are a high indica, mabey you have grown a strain that could help me and if you have links id really appreciate it.

Thank you everyone!

Organics... Chemicals... Meh.

There are chemicals in "organic" nutrients, technically speaking. A chemical substance, also known as a pure substance, is a form of matter that has constant chemical composition and characteristic properties. It cannot be separated into components by physical separation methods, i.e., without breaking chemical bonds. Pure water... is a chemical substance, lol.

And, since "chemical" nutrients contain carbon, they are most certainly organic.

Will the taste be better if your plants are grown in soil instead of coco (basically a hydroponic media, if used by itself instead of a component in a soil mixture)? That's been debated for years, and probably will continue to be. I suppose it depends on the grower, lol. There have always been folks that have claimed to be able to tell the difference. Personally, I think that a detectable difference mostly means the hydroponic crop wasn't properly grown. But, as I mentioned, it's been debated over and over and over and... What kind of oil should I put in my engine, lol? IMHO, when you find a thing that has large groups of people on each side, and years go by and that's still the case... It probably means that there actually isn't much difference (again, assuming proper grows of each type) and people just like to argue. BtW, which is best, Android or iPhone ;) ?

However... With that having been typed, there is some evidence that terpene content can vary based on what the plant has been fed. Again, though, it probably comes down to whether a thing was done correctly or not. Then again, "correctly" in this case might be a narrow range - and, of course, soil does have a buffering ability that water lacks. It's kind of like taking a race car and a race motorcycle, both capable of getting the same numbers at the drag strip. But the motorcycle is a heckofa lot harder to ride at the limit and get those same times consistently... Unless the rider really knows what he/she is doing. The car, on the other hand, is a bit more forgiving.

Will high be better? If it is, someone has definitely had a grow [/FAIL]. Shouldn't be any change.

Flowering times ought to be comparable (assuming identical clones from the same mother, same light, same everything else). Vegetative growth is generally quickest with active hydroponics, a little slower with passive hydro, and slower still with soil. Or I should state that the rate of growth is most, a little less, a little more err... less. But, again, that assumes everything else is more or less equal and that the grower of each knows what he or she is doing.

I assume you mean "high" as in potent instead of one that gets really tall, lol. And by high indica, you mean that you're looking for a strain that has both a high percentage of THC(a) and a relatively high percentage of CBD(a). Or are you meaning one of the strains that has such a high percentage of CBD(a) that it's referred to as a "CBD strain?" Those tend to have relatively low amounts of THC(a) in them. What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish with your cannabis? If you could state that, I expect that folks would be more likely to offer suggestions. I'm typically a "sativa kind of guy," but I've smoked a few indicas and indica-leaning hybrids over the years.

Canna Terra is a brand. Which type is it? Should say on the bag. I use Canna Terra Pro Plus. It's much closer to Coco than dirt. The biggest difference (I think) is that you don't need to water every day.

Canna UK grow guide

One of the main things is to make sure you are PHing your water correctly. Mine is between 5.8 - 6.2 depending on stage.

Back
Top Bottom