Hello

FatBoy54

Hey there, new to the forum, would just like to introduce myself.
54 years young been enjoying natures gift since the late seventies, when it seemed only a certain kind of folk indulged:), but hey how times change everyone seems to smoke ,, all creeds and cultures ,, wonderful! But unfortunately with this explosion the prices on the street have gone crazy and the time has arrived to become self suficient once again. But my, how things have changed in the grow world, back in the day we threw a couple of seeds in a coke bottle greenhouse in everyday compost, and when sprouted fed it babybio mix, and in two months you had what we knew as Bush or simply, Homegrown, and you toked the lot, leaves, Flowers , stem, but now its a science, Im pretty clued up on a lot of stuff but you guys are going to get bored of my million questions on how to grow the perfect GROW!
Look forward to meeting you and sharing the knowledge of the Forum.
regards, FatBoy54.

Hey there, new to the forum, would just like to introduce myself.
54 years young been enjoying natures gift since the late seventies, when it seemed only a certain kind of folk indulged:), but hey how times change everyone seems to smoke ,, all creeds and cultures ,, wonderful! But unfortunately with this explosion the prices on the street have gone crazy and the time has arrived to become self suficient once again. But my, how things have changed in the grow world, back in the day we threw a couple of seeds in a coke bottle greenhouse in everyday compost, and when sprouted fed it babybio mix, and in two months you had what we knew as Bush or simply, Homegrown, and you toked the lot, leaves, Flowers , stem, but now its a science, Im pretty clued up on a lot of stuff but you guys are going to get bored of my million questions on how to grow the perfect GROW!
Look forward to meeting you and sharing the knowledge of the Forum.
regards, FatBoy54.
Hi FatBoy, and welcome to :420::welcome:
There are a lot of friendly knowledgeable growers here, so feel free to ask anything. When you start to grow, visit some of the ongoing journals. That is where you will find priceless info on different growing styles, and tips for getting the most out of your crop.
I remember those days of smoking leaves, seeds, stems and the occasion nug if we were lucky ;)
Those were fun days, but once you get a taste of your own "homegrown", there is no comparison
Have a great day! :thumb:

Hey Fatboy, welcome to 420!! Glad you found this wonderful forum. Like SnarlyWeed said, be sure to check out the journals, make some comments and get to know some of the great people that reside within this website. Consider starting your own journal so more people can see what you have going on and give you any needed guidance. If you have any questions about the site or navigating to different areas, please just ask. One of us will be glad to help. Nice to have you on board!

Thanks guys for the kind welcome, been reading various blogs on the forum and can see straight away theres some kool sound dudes on here , and an unlimited amount of info for a greenhorn like me is right at my finger tips. To give you a heads up I am just setting up took a while as I couldn't afford everything in one Hit, my set up is a Mammoth 240x240x120 Tent, maxi bright 315w CDM with cooled vented housing, Wilma Drip System, 5gal pots , using Coco, six inch extractor with five inch draw fan , 1500w oil filled rad thermo controlled, all electrics through master control set up,got me hydrometers , ph pens , ec pens, unlimited supply of filtered rainwater , nutrients bought seeds going to get germinated this weekend , quite funny really me and my partner have four grown up kids but budding these various seeds feels like starting a new family :cheesygrinsmiley:Will start a journal this weekend and chart my progress,, thanks again folks , regards FaTBoY:)

LOL, they certainly are like kids. We tend to give them much better care than we do for ourselves. Anyways sounds like you have a great setup going and looking forward to seeing you do your thing. When you get the journal going, make sure you come back here and share the link so we can grab a seat!

Nope, been there done that brother. We all started with our first grows. Questions are a good thing and you are in the right place. Virtually everyone here has a goal of helping anyone else with a passion of trying to grow on their own. This place is a safehaven compared to the rest of the toxic online community that wants to troll or bash people for asking a question or trying something a little different with their grows. You won't find many if any people here who will insult anyone else.

Yep a whole new family FatBoy54. Welcome. While plants still have problems like kids that will drive you nuts. There is no backtalk which is a major plus. Sounds like your set up and ready. The perfect grow is a hard thing to master. I'm still not there. First grow goal.. Keep them alive. Bigger plants, better yields come with time and experience. We are the same age so I know you understand that you can't be a pro over night and without hard work. A lot of new growers create problems by try to get to much to fast. Marijuana is a weed and most strains do fine all on their own. Keep it simple at first and enjoy watching them grow.

Thanks guys for the kind welcome, been reading various blogs on the forum and can see straight away theres some kool sound dudes on here , and an unlimited amount of info for a greenhorn like me is right at my finger tips. To give you a heads up I am just setting up took a while as I couldn't afford everything in one Hit, my set up is a Mammoth 240x240x120 Tent, maxi bright 315w CDM with cooled vented housing, Wilma Drip System, 5gal pots , using Coco, six inch extractor with five inch draw fan , 1500w oil filled rad thermo controlled, all electrics through master control set up,got me hydrometers , ph pens , ec pens, unlimited supply of filtered rainwater , nutrients bought seeds going to get germinated this weekend , quite funny really me and my partner have four grown up kids but budding these various seeds feels like starting a new family :cheesygrinsmiley:Will start a journal this weekend and chart my progress,, thanks again folks , regards FaTBoY:)

Sounds like you are ready to go. A little confused on your tent size. I'm assuming metric measurements, but would that translate to 8x8x4 feet? Just seems a little odd sized.
And I agree, it is just like starting a new family and you will find that you might get attached to some of your ladies :)
Good luck with your grow and keep us posted :high-five:

Snarlyweed , must ask , back in the day did you ever have the pleasure of trying Nep Temple Ball or the Old style sensi?
The old style Sensi for sure ;)
Can't recall Temple Ball but do remember Nepalese ;)
That goes back quite a while for sure :high-five:

Ha No probs dude you will all be pissed with me in three weeks sounding like a nob asking stupid questions everyday!
Nothing to worry about, we all had tons of questions when starting, and still have questions as we progress. So ask away. That's what we are here for ;)

Back
Top Bottom