Stages' Summer Run - HSO Sour Diesel Auto - TH Bubblegum HSO Blue Dream in Coco

Favorite Auto Strain's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
High to all !:Namaste:
Welcome to Stages' Summer Auto Run!
Peace and respect :peace::peacetwo:
It's THC Thursday fellow herbalists! :volcano-smiley:
Its Stage here. I would say I'm back but I really just took a sabbatical and never left. :Namaste:

I have been quietly lurking in other grow journals learning about autos and looking take a stab at this auto thing.

If you saw my last journal, I said I wouldn't do a summer grow and now I must eat those words. :cough:

The reason being is that I am not happy with the last harvest. :confused:
Even after a 4 to 5 month cure, the herb just was um...ok. The truth is the last crop was not as good as I could get from my local dood. :surrender:

I think its very likely that the seeds / stock were quite old.
I don't see many folks growing JOTI gear these days.:reading420magazine:
As a result I wasn't blown away or even impressed with the high.
I believe I made a mistake choosing some gear that I believe is dated to put it nicely.:Namaste:
Dont get me wrong, I made butter and QWISO from the harvest and I enjoyed the results...some.
But in terms of smoking it was frankly lackluster. Vaping it made up for it somewhat, the AVB (already vaped bud) got me quite stoney.

So... I picked up 3 HSO Sour Diesel Auto beans and for grins and giggles, I decided to drop 1 TH seeds fem non auto Bubblegum and 1 HSO Blue Dream fem non auto.

hso_sd_auto_th_seeds_bubblegum_gear.jpg

The HSO SD auto is supposed to finish in about 10 to 11 weeks (75 days) from seed.
I will be using an 18/6 lighting schedule. Going 18/6 makes sense to me and saves a bit of electricity than say going 24/0 or 20/4.

The TH seeds Bubblegum and HSO Blue Dream will be put in veg mode alongside the SD. Once the SD is harvested, The Bubblegum and Blue Dream light schedule change to 11/13 and harvest it about 8-9 weeks(60-65 days) later.

In my mind running autos along side photos sounds like a good idea.
Run the 3 autos on 18/6, then harvest 10 or 11 weeks later. Flip the lights to 11/13 then flower the photos.
I never took a photoperiod plant to 10 or 11 weeks veg then flowered it. This will be quite interesting.:thumb:

The temperatures in my area are in the constant 90's outdoors. Its freaking blazing hot out there!
Gonna be using a spare room to set up my tent in.
Central air set at 75 degrees. I know even with a 6 inch exhaust fan its going to be difficult to keep temps in check.

I have to vent into the room the tent will be in.:bitingnails: This means I have to keep the room door ajar while the lights are on. :trance:

I did a test run to see what the temps will be like BEFORE I popped my beans and I cannot go above
450w setting on my 600w HID light without tent temps being 85 to 90 degrees. :whoa:
At the 300w setting the room sits at 79 degrees. If i run the P300 Led the temp rises to 82 degrees.
Not too bad.

Germination will be by paper towel method.
I placed the plastic bags with the damp paper towels on top of a heat mat keeping temps @80 to 82 degrees.
Once the SD auto seeds pop they will be placed in 3 gallon fabric pots for the duration.
The Blue Dream and Bubblegum will be planted in a 6in plastic square pots.
I'm using Botanicare block Coco with Perlite 75/25.
Grow area is a 4'x2'x7' ft tent. 6 inch 440 cfm exhaust fan with speed controller using 6in Phresh filter.
Using two small fans inside tent for air circ.
The lighting will be 600w dimmable air cooled HID.
I'm dimming it to 300w for seedling/veg using metal halide bulb.
I will then add P300 (185w) Led and change the HID bulb to HPS for flower.
Nutes will be Dutch Master Gold grow A + B, Add 27 micro, and Silica. Watering method is by hand only.
I decided to hand water coco and not use my DWC buckets because I know it will be chock full of problems keeping water below 75 degrees.

I have never grown autos before but I think I got good genetics using HSO gear.
TH Seeds bubblegum is said to be a medium yielder but I hope with a 75 day veg I could get decent weight.
HSO BD is a known med to high yielder that will benefit from the coco hydro and 75 day veg.
My hope is to get 4 to 6 oz. total from the autos, then on the photo grow afterwards, get 6 to 8oz from them. I expect total from both runs about 10 to 14 oz.

Anyone with experience with these strains please feel free to offer input. :Namaste:

And now.......on with the grow.
:peacetwo:Peace Stage.

hso_sd_seed_germ.jpg
3_gal_coco_pots.jpg
hso_sd_auto_germ.jpg

High All,:volcano-smiley:
All the seeds didn't make it. We are at day 4.
All the 3 HSO Sour Diesel autos beans came up in their new 3 gal fabric pot homes.:circle-of-love:
auto_day_4_week_1.jpg

The HSO BD keeled over and died.:rip:
Only 1 of 2 TH Seeds Bubblegum came up. She is doing nicely in her new 6in pot condo.:thumb:
I think i will keep her in this pot until 10 or 12 days before I harvest the autos. The bubblegum will take over the tent if i repot her too soon. I know it will mean more feedings but I need the space.
There are now 4 girls remaining. 3 autos and 1 photo. More to come....
auto_day_4_week_1_group.jpg

Whats good y'all? :welcome:

Grow update:
Reading advice on these forums and others for growing autos I decided not to top or fim or do any hard stress training.
I even decided to keep any leaf that is growing healthy and green. So no lollipopping on this 1st auto run.
I'm going to try a bit of LST but only early on.
I hope that the light in this space is sufficient for strong side branching. I will start at around 37.5w psqf for early seed/veg and increase that to 60.6w psqf during budding.
2nd set of real leaves look hungry so I started feeding this week.
I'm hand watering using DM gold grow nutes at about 200ppm.
I will begin foliar feeding using DM liquid light and saturator.
This pic is day 13.
auto_day_13_week_2.jpg

Group shot
Here they are on day 20. Added the grow rocks to keep the coco from displacing when watering, also retains a bit of moisture near the top soil. You will notice sd#1 is way ahead of sd#2 and sd#3. This gives me the impression that sd#1 is a different pheno from the other two. The bubblegum is showing its indica traits and is growing nicely. Right now the MH is 24 inches above the ladies on 18/6. Light dimmed down to 300w.
auto_day_20_group.jpg

Here is a group shot of the ladies at day 23. They appear to be tall enough for me to tie them down a bit.
Time to bend them over. :) The foliar feeding is helping the fan leaves stay perky. When i spray them I raise the lights just a bit. They can suffer light stress is you aren't careful.
auto_day_23_week_3_group_3.jpg

Greetings Herbalists!
Quick update:
Here we are at day 24 week 3. Did a bit of LST on a couple of the SD's.
I continue the LST for about a week then leave them alone. I am happy to see very good side branching.
But more importantly, I see pistils! Yep! :cheer:
SD#1 has many pistils showing at different nodes. SD#2 and #3 are indicating also but only on a few nodes. Bonafide ladies here.
auto_day_24_week_3_bondage.jpg

Here are pics of the ladies below
SD#1 is leading the charge and looks like she needs higher ppm.
auto_day_24_week_3_more_sd1_lst.JPG

another shot of her
auto_day_24_week_3_more_sd1_pt_2_lst.JPG

SD#2 is also looking a little too limey. Gonna increase the nutes ppms from 200 to 450. yup Gimme Mo N!
auto_day_24_week_3_more_sd3_lst.JPG

SD#3 is a bit behind and a pale but otherwise ok.

Here is the group shot:
auto_day_24_week_3_more_group_lst.JPG

]

Whats crackin folks?:welcome:
Thought I would provide an update on day 37 week 5.
Here is a group shot below: Back row from left to right SD#2 SD#3 SD#1 front row Bubblegum photo 9" tall.
auto_day_37_week_5_group.jpg

Closeup of sd#1 after 13 days of lst
auto_day_37_sd1.jpg

Closeup of sd#2 after 13 days of lst
auto_day_37_sd2.jpg

Closeup of sd#3 after 13 days of lst
auto_day_37_sd3.jpg

Noticing tric production going on and smell is gassy and citrus. Observed that SD#1 is more diesel skunk sandal wood smell,:circle-of-love:
SD#2 and SD#3 have heavy citrus grapefruit gassy smell. One big difference with this grow versus my 1st is that the smell is more pronounced and Im glad i got a carbon scrubber cause these chicks reek!
Also noticed that #2 an #3 are stretching and look they have overtaken SD#1 in height. Looking at the size of them so far: SD#1 is 13" SD#2 is 18" and SD#3 is at 15". All are a little pale, so its time to raise the ppms. I am trying to be very cautious to not overfeed these girls, but they keep asking for more!

I am loving these autos!!! :circle-of-love:
Its so cool to have something new happening every day in the grow. Everytime i open the tent i find myself saying "These plants grow like they are in a hurry!" :thumb:
Looks like SD#1 is focusing on buds and has stopped growing. She's about 12" or 13" tall and has 6 lil bud sites around the main cola.
This pheno doesn't get very tall but flowers pretty fast. Here she is at day 39
auto_sour_diesel_day_39.JPG

Here she is at day 45 starting to thicken up. From her profile she got that low rider look.
auto_day_45_week_6_sd1_profile.jpg
auto_day_45_week_6_sd1.jpg

:peace::420:

Yo yo!! It's Get Fried Friday Yall!:cheer:
Whats good out there in Cannaland? :welcome:
I am glad i didn't stop feeding grow nutes when they started to bloom back in week 3.
I still haven't introduced flowering nutes as I understand that grow nutes should be used up until stretch completes, around 6-7 weeks.
2 of the 3 SD autos are almost finished stretching. SD#1 is done with upward growth and continues to fatten up.

SD#2 and especially SD#3 look like this particular phenotype grows a very nice size and blooms later than the #1 pheno. I expect 26 to 32 inches when stretch is done. :thumb:

Here are the ladies in the tub. :) at day 53 week 7:
SD#1 Colas are starting to dense up nicely. :circle-of-love:
auto_day_53_week_7_sd1.jpg

auto_day_54_week_7_sd1.jpg

auto_day_54_week_7_sd1_bud_shot.jpg

SD#2 WAS the tallest but she does have nice structure::love:
auto_day_53_week_7_sd2.jpg

SD#3 was a dark horse in this race. She was the smallest for half this grow and now she is the alpha chick in this coop.:cheer:
auto_day_53_week_7_sd3.jpg

Group shot:
auto_day_53_week7_group_.jpg

Once we complete 8 weeks Im going to get these buds some UV-B!!:thumb:
Break out my trusty (26w x 2 =52w)Reptile light using this fixture .
mini_combo_deep_dome_light_fixture1.JPG

I intend to introduce the light gradually for only 15 mins to start, increasing to a maximum of 2 hours day.
Dont want to stress them out by keeping on too long cause you can seriously bleach / burn your fan leaves.
:welcome:

Well i guess this ain't no fun unless you create problems to solve.:confused:
Sorry for the melancholy but this is some bs. So, Im heading out got the car running and a voice in my head says...'check the weight of the pots before you leave'. So I pick up the pots and see they are quite light.
I reach for the wrong watering can and watered them.:oops:
Next thing i know a couple of days later yellow splotching on the fan leaves.:
auto_nute_lockout_on_leaves.JPG

Sigh....(note to self)you can never be in too much of a hurry to patiently feed your ladies.
Flush time asap. Took em to the tub and ran ph 5.8 300 ppm at 7 gallons per 3gal pot.
I will continue to watch and hope it doesn't spread too much. They are still pliable.
I want to pull them off so bad. But I am going to resist. A damaged leaf is better than a dead one. Im not interested in trying for POTM or nothing like that.
I just want to complete this auto run and maybe have a few zips to puff on!
Hey, I can always blame it on the vape. :volcano-smiley:

Happy Shatterday yall!
Wake and bake in full effect.:volcano-smiley:
Its so nice outside i decided to let my ladies get some sun and fresh air.
Notice my TH bubblegum is still in 6in square pot (rear right). She is sad because her feet hurt!
auto_day_58_week_8_outdoor.jpg

20150828_205529.jpg

She has clearly outgrown the pot she is in so I have a 5 gallon fabric condo waiting for her.
I needed to move quickly before her growth tips wither.
She looks a little sad after the transplant but....
th_bubblegum_pre_repot_profile_day_58.jpg

Next morning when she gets some sun on her I expected her to perk up.
th_bubblegum_post_repot_day_59_week_8.jpg
th_bubblegum_post_repot_day_59_week_8_top.jpg

What a difference a day makes hm?:cool:

Thx for stoppin thru Tabor.:Namaste:
I love the way you trained your girls canopy.
My gals ain't been shaved or trained besides the lst weeks ago.:passitleft:

Mighty MJ Monday Y'all!
Today is day 61 week 8.
With almost 9 weeks completed It appears that sd#1 will likely finish 1st.
Her orange pistils are 75-80% receding. I took a look at her trichs and saw 30% to 35% cloudy. HSO says 75 days and this pheno looks like it may keep that promise.:surf:
hso sd#1
auto_day_61_week_8_sd1outside.jpg

Looking at sd#2 and sd#3 I still see white pistils. They probably have 3 weeks left.
hso sd#2
auto_day_61_week_8_sd2_outside.jpg

hso sd#3
auto_day_61_week_8_sd3_outside.jpg

I feed the ladies twice a day using DM gold flowering nutes a+b and add 27 at 950 ppm /@6.0 ph.
I'm introducing DM Potash to the feed schedule once every 4 feedings.

TH seeds bubblegum: Only photoperiod out the group. She's been vegging for 61 days, most of them in a pot thats too small.:whoa: I have topped her 4 times.
I intentionally tried to keep her small so i could allow the sour diesel autos to stretch out.
Unfortunately, she demanded shoes that fit so she now is stretching her legs in the 5gal pot.:cheer:
I expect to flower her when the autos complete. She could be 75 or 85 days then.
th_bubblegum_day_61_week_8_veg_outside.jpg

I let them stay outside until just before dark then put them in the 4x4 running the P300 LED during the night till the morning then repeat. Tent at 79 degrees; humidity in the high 60's%.:straightface:
The temps with inside the tent using HPS and LED go up to 88-90 degrees so i'm not using HPS for now.
Perhaps a few hours of outdoor sun hopefully will supplement the loss of the HPS?
God i hate growing indoors during the summer.
Group shot
auto_day_61_week_8_group_outside.jpg

Looking good bro, LOVE the THC Bomb strain. Those are producers. I'm running the photo version right now, but I've run five of the THC autos. I don't defoil my autos until the last week when I'm flushing. I'll take a leaf here or there if I can't tuck. Especially when I've lstd because those big fans can clog up airflow. I've had good luck topping and doing some light trimming. Most strains I've run if I do it pre flower, I've had good luck. I'm along for the ride, even though it appears I'm late. But, better late then never ;)

Oh, and I like your method of bringing them in and out, save a buck and get some good rays.

MMM,
Thank you for blessing this grow my dude.:Namaste:
I saw what you did with those bomb autos and the results were awesome!:whoa:
I have to get me some o dem beans! :thumb:
Glad to know you support tucking and not defol. I will take your advice and pick some fans during flush.
Your auto grow helped me see that autos are to be taken SERIOUSLY.

Glimmergrass,
Thx for stopping by. I see you grow in coco. Your ladies are off to a good start!:Namaste:

Glimmergrass,
Thank you for stopping by! :welcome:
We shall see what they do.

MMM,
Thank you for blessing this grow my dude.:Namaste:
I saw what you did with those bomb autos and the results were awesome!:whoa:
I have to get me some o dem beans! :thumb:
Glad to know you support tucking and not defol. I will take your advice and pick some fans during flush.
Your auto grow helped me see that autos are to be taken SERIOUSLY.

Thanks bro, very kind words. I do love some autos, I'd love to run six in my bloom room, all the way, probably 16,18 hours of light. I might next spring to start things off..... Until then I'll watch you take them to a new level....

THC Tuesday to the people!:cool:
Today is much like yesterday. Partly cloudy skies hot and dry.
I put the ladies out there and they had at least 5 good hours of direct unfiltered sunlight. :circle-of-love:
I fed them around 2.5 gallons at 1100 ppm and 5.9 ph. They seem to really like the sunshine.
Here are my ladies:
auto_day_62_sd1_cola_shot_2.jpg
auto_day_62_sd1_outside.jpg
auto_day_62_sd3_outside.jpg
auto_day_62_group_2_outside.jpg
:thanks:

Yah, dank and thick, dem bitches looking niiiiice. I see what you might have been thinking with the defoil. Do you have a fan on them when they're outside.... Good air movement can help with those thick plants,, looks like you topped?

Very nice my friend,, you'll be happy ;)

Back
Top Bottom