HSO Sour Diesel & HSO Blue Dream & DBHBB

The three go particularly well together don't they? Dogs and cannabis and walks. :slide:

I get a good buzz going and take the dog down to a river valley path where he can run by himself and we jus' walk - me at a steady pace, him roaming back and forth, falling behind and running to catch up. :laugh: The little 15 pounder puts on three times the mileage I do. Sometimes I take a break, sit on a rock and pull out my pipe ... :bongrip:

It wouldn't be as satisfying without the dog. Or the herb. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking great Gaffle! Nice even canopy, it looks like a LOT of tasty bud sites are getting light :drool: How many more weeks (roughly) do you think there is left to go?

Hah, thx Frizz! Hard to compare with colas like your hommes. I have 4 weeks left I would say. I will prob be harvesting around X-Mas. Already can't wait for 2017 grows.

Oh the wait.....4 more weeks go.

IMG_20161118_081041552.jpg
IMG_20161118_081048644.jpg
IMG_20161118_081055397.jpg

Everything just spinning along. Took a trip and visited Marquette MI for Thanksgiving. Had a great time! Unfortunately I'm not inclined to join a polar bear club, but walking on a beach with beautiful Lake Superior staring at you almost makes the legs walk right in. Alas, I held back. My plants have been getting too dry, partially because of this trip. Time to remedy. Hmmm, 3-4 weeks left.

IMG_20161128_181311461.jpg
IMG_20161128_181320471.jpg
IMG_20161128_181402858.jpg

I'm gunning for a new camera, the Sony a6000. I hope to have it soon.

A week or 2 left. Just rolling along. I'm going to hang a carbon furnace filter off of my exhaust to see if it will cut down some smell. My 4in filter can't handle these grows, shoulda gone bigger.

P10201321.jpg
P10201311.jpg
P10201303.jpg
P10201293.jpg
P10201273.jpg
P10201255.jpg

I added my humidifier 2 days ago. The rh was getting way low. Fill it up at lights on and off and its good to go, keeping me in the mid 40s now, thats fine with me. I also added a heater for lights out. I will take out the battery to my accurite to find out what my lows are getting to tonight. Accurite still has my lows at 66 but that was a few days ago, gunning for high 60s to low 70s at night. This HID has kept day temps perfect. Using my heater and humidifier I have my environment running fairly well. I want to get a humidifier with a humidistat so I can just keep my room in the 50s at all times.

My list to improve my next run follows.

1. Take better notes. I take notes now, but I don't talk about what the plant is showing me. I want to be more proactive particularly with leaf color for diagnosis.

2. I will use a rigid 1gal pot to start my seeds. I am going anti the solo cups. I want a great root structure before I bloom.

3. I will leave my damn plants alone. First run seed failure may not have been my fault, I don't why that one died, but I did drop a solo with a seedling in it to ruin a second BD plant. That was fine because the Sour Diesel I replaced it with looks divine. I look forward to that smoke.

4. I will add the Wax10 and OG drench to my arsenal. I have some strains that are probably not so landrace so I have to have some extra jazz.

5. I already have my soil and water up off of the floor, but I didn't for most of this run, and for my last run. Improved soil and water temp hopefully will help out a bit more for next run.

6. The instructions say to use Recharge at week 3, which hit at my cat. Others use Recharge at different times. I'm waiting on how this will play out because of my veg situation. I want my roots to be in killer shape before a transplant. I will use recharge later if I up pot and veg some. I will use it later if I up pot and bloom right away.

My GYO package arrived last week. Amnesia lemon, Strawberry Haze, and Pineapple Chunk are my main choices. I don't have room to do 3 plants with 10 gal pots to I have to pick 2 for now. Amnesia for sure and probably PC for my #2 spot. Hopefully I can have a new larger room done by Feb, that would be most excellent.

Enjoy your Monday! Time to go have a garager...;)

Thx Frizz! I'm chopping my Sour Diesel on Monday night. That was my sissy plant with issues and it popped some fine looking buds. I'm jonesing for that smoke. Blue Dream is going longer.

Here in the end my plants didn't get enough attention as they could have due to family illness. My wife's beloved Mamaw (southern grandma for those who don't know) passed away on Thursday. She was I'll for the past month and time was spent at the hospital and finally at her home. Good for her to be in the afterlife that I believe in, bad for us on this plane to miss a loved one. I am a hairstylist so I shall be doing her last curl today. Lesson learned by this is to have fun in this short life. If you are miserable, talk to a professional to sort out your problems and get back to having fun.

I will take more pics on Monday when I move shit around to figure out my larger build. I'm slapping down both plants to eyeball how many I can fit in my 8x6. Considering my 2 plants in 10gal softies take up roughly 4x2.5. If I could get 8 plants running I would be most happy. I would keep my smaller spot on 18/6 for smaller seed/clone veg. That setup would allow me to harvest at least 2 plants a month. Get that room done in Feb and I could pull my 2 or 3 plants out of small room, go to flower room, and start next batch.

This is all typed on phone so grammar and spelling is out the window....

It was time to chop my Sour Diesel. I am excited for this smoke! It didn't take me too long to trim, theres the benefit of not having a super huge plant. I had a small resin dab from my scissors that I had to partake before bed. Bubbled exquisitely with some heat!

Here is a shot of both plants, Blue Dream in the back. The BD has some colas that are starting to fall over, a problem that I have no problem with! Another week for BD to be chopped.

P10202322.jpg
P10202331.jpg
P10202341.jpg
P10202351.jpg

Here be the Sour Diesel shots.

P10202363.jpg
P1020237.jpg
P1020238.jpg
P10202392.jpg
P1020244.jpg
P1020245.jpg
P1020247.jpg
P1020248.jpg
P1020249.jpg
P1020251.jpg
P1020252.jpg

I just used this growers twist tie to wrap strands around my ducting. Worked perfectly. My SD will dry for a week, next Monday I will chop the BD and my SD will go to a drying rack. Oh yeah! (like the kool-aid man)

P1020241.jpg
P1020242.jpg

Washed and hung dry. A lot of my branches were just like with numerous bud sites. I didn't have secondary branches to hang. To remedy this I just bend the branches at a spot that has equal weight distribution. Bend'em and hang'em.

P1020255.jpg
P1020256.jpg
P10202571.jpg
P10202581.jpg
P10202591.jpg

OK, here we are, at the end of my meager show. I have enjoyed this process for sure. I have goals set to surpass what I have just done and I'm ready to rock and roll again!

My Blue Dream on the 2nd of Jan. Cut her down and my wife tells me the next morn that in the middle of the night she wakes up an gags because of the smell upstairs. I was getting immune to the smell while trimming and I had now idea it was that strong. Funny stuff. I have a trick for anyone reading. I was not using gloves to trim, my hands became very sticky. What is the best product to get rid of the stick? Olive oil. Works so good with tree sap (pine tree to be specific) and doubly worked quite well to unstick my "weed glue" hands.

P10204722.jpg

P10204751.jpg
P10204762.jpg
P1020477.jpg

This is Sour Diesel nugs. Very potent stuff. I am planning to test both my BD and SD in a month after curing has happened. My SD still has a bit of a chlorophyl taste so I'm burping away.

P1020534.jpg
P10205352.jpg
P1020536.jpg
P10205371.jpg
P1020542.jpg
P10205432.jpg
P10205402.jpg

My final weight with all was 6.8oz. I am extremely happy with this round. It is quite better than my first which was 2oz on the dot. I expect to do even better with my 3rd run. I still have a fair amount of 1st run soil so I don't know what I will do. I might just fill some 1gals with my 1st run and then cut in the 2nd round I have sitting. Time to order more kit jazz. This thread is now complete!

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom