16 Site Undercurrent Flipbx With 7.2

LaughingFish

Howdy, going to give this journal thing a try and see how it goes.
This will be done with a flipbox that's new to me, so this is or will be x2. The strains will vary but to start I have Purple Haze, Sour Kush aka head band, Vortex, NewYork Purple Diesel and Kush Berry.
So without further ado my Sanctuary

12-600w bat wing hoods
8 wall fans
2 stand fans
lp wall heater
16 site diy undercurrent with 2" pipe
64 gallons plus 55 gallon float valve tank
8" inline fan with carbon filter with temp control
6" intake ducting and boost fan
12"x 12" passive vent
light print 12x16
room foot print 14x17
GH flora series for the nutes

Couple things I'm looking at yet are bigger air intake ducting, a/c unit, and water chiller. Not sure if I've got it all listed, but should be it.

room73.JPG

I didn't mention before but I have hooked up a pH controller. And as of this point im finding it to be delightful! In the past I have never really messed with the pH... I know, I know. So figured why not give it a go.
ph39.jpg

phj.jpg

Cheers to controllers

Here is my mums closet. Its 30"x60". currently holds 8 mums tightly. I like to keep these as a safety, I always worry about losing a pheno when I find a good one. These gals are in need of a trim and they'll be getting it sometime this weekend.
mums.jpg

I do use soil for my moms. I have done DWC mothers before and lets just say they got outta control to quick. I like the pace of soil once they take root. Im still on a learning curve with soil, but seem to be working out my issues with that.
They sit under an LED light, and Im looking for something better. Its too much light and has them growing faster then I want. So they will get a few rounds of experimental lighting soon.
I had left space above the gals for propagating which is currently in the veg room.

the list of mothers is
Purple Haze -g13
NYPD -next generation
Kush Berry -dna
Sour Kush -reserve
Blue Cheese -dinafem
Aurora Indica -nivana
Grapefruit -na
Critical Kush - barneys
Vortex -tga

Next up is the veg setup. This room is 5'x14'. Currently has two 4' x 8 lamp HO t5, and a 4foot 4 lamp HO t5 in the center. There is a 2' walk way on both sides of center light.
here would be the west side veg light.
veg_14.jpg

I put clones on top of the light for their first day. Then they'll get moved under their own light.

Here is the east side veg light
veg216.jpg

The buckets will get a tomato cage after their first week of veg. when they get fresh nutes.

I did the ole flush last night, and gave these ladies fresh nutes for wk 5. I did notice that they aren't as lush as usual. Im thinking its do to no mid week nutes. Usually I'd top them off half way through and back add plain water once before the flush. I think Ill plan to have the float reservoir filled with water and once its down to the 20 gallon mark Ill back add nutes to it so they'll get a fresh round in. Im really digging the pH doser!
Here's start of wk5 pic

IMG_248824.JPG

I currently drain by gravity, its not to slow but slow enough to have a bowl and beer break! :bongrip:
beer_bowl.JPG

on to later will be tomato cages, and fresh nutes for veg gals.

Subbed. Really nice setup

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Todays excitement... switched out veg buckets for what will go into F2. They got wk2 nutes today is actually 2 days late. I draw buckets a day before let them sit, and pretend they'll warm up a little. Then they'll get nutes the next day, and swap out with the old. I also added cages, I usually do this during transplant but wanted to see if : closer light was of benefit for the 1st week. Im also using 8" net lids this go round instead of my usual 6". The extra room in the 8 made it easy to add the cage after wk 1 vs a 6" is a major pain. I think Ill be happy with that change.
buckets4.JPG

then its a matter of moving the plants over, quick clean, swap out buckets, add cage and put back.
veg_move.JPG

veg_movet.JPG

veg_back.JPG

There is still another under cleaning to be done. They've taken off last couple days, so hopefully one more under cleaning and they'll be good to go!
under_brush.JPG

I took the time to enjoy some kush berry, its been awhile since ive worked under her influence... Needless to say I was filling the float tank which holds 50 gallons, and trying to do a quick easy project. Which had me forget about my filling of said float tank for roughly 3 extra gallons. Lesson hopefully learned. :bongrip: :oops: It wasn't to bad, but still some extra work.
res_over_flow.JPG

Entering wk 6. Got the nute swap done. The gals have been growing fast this last week so I got in and bent a few down to level the profile a little. Also found signs of gnats. I keep a few yellow sticky traps out for monitoring, I mixed up some spray. 1.5t neem oil + .5t sm-90 and a quart of warm water into my spray can. I would recommend the sprayer it works very nicely. The head rotates so you can hold it upright and spray under leaves it also holds pressure well. I also tossed a mosquito dunk in the float tank to combat anything right in the root zone.
bug_spray.JPG

I soaked the top of my lids and medium. Also went through the mums, and veg since the mix was made up.
medium_spray.JPG

Here is before the bend

bent_a.JPG

and after getting bent

bent_b.JPG

There is another round of underbrush cleaning to do as well. I was able to do row a last night. Here is the before.
under_row_a.JPG

And then after.
under_after_sm.JPG

There is plenty more to do.
I busted out the smoker for todays trim session, got some ribs going!

I found a couple bumps this last week. Hopefully solved but easy enough to check. First item was my float tank was not letting water flow into the control bucket to maintain water levels. I cant really think of why its not working other then I had a inline ball valve in backwards. I just spun it around... so we'll see.
The water chiller got installed and is getting tested. Its holding its 68* temp I might turn it down more today. It kicks out a little bit of heat though, and that's something I don't need more of.
I also have two 55 gallon barrels connected for a holding tank in the main room. I use them for flushing or for fresh fills. Its been all gravity feed thus far but its slow going. I decided with all the spare pumps I've got plumb one in and go at it. However it will not pump, its like there's to much pressure? at least I added a shut off before the pump. any ideas on that ? for now its back to gravity.
Getting F2 ready for its next install. I had a couple ladies that had been staggered for some reason in that room. They got moved out and put into tents for their remainder.
PurpleHaze g13 seeds
tent_b.JPG

Vortex TGA seeds
tent95.JPG

Beautiful set up!!! You are definitely subbed!!

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

They room is looking good. Ive dropped my pH to hold at 6.1 and the ladies seem to be enjoying it. The roots are starting to head into the pipes nothing major yet but pulled them out and tried to wrap them around so they don't go right back in. The plants are getting heavy so hope I don't have to lift them up any more. Ill be building the next system with 3" pvc and see how that goes. I have a couple of 1.5" pvc under current systems that get clogged early on, 2" seems better, so hopefully 3" pipes will do the trick without any clogging.
For some reason I wanted to see the MH light in the room its a different light and will be getting replaced with a HPS. Ill also have to deal with heating cooling once this run is done. but here are some pics. they are better then me just rambling on.
close_up_corner.JPG

mh_pic.JPG

mh_pics.JPG

Here is my NewYorkPurpleDiesel. shes a bit stretchy mostly due to not having a light above her the first week. I usually have back up gear but needed the ballast to finish off a different room. I should have switched lights every day to even it out but it is what it is. The strain is pretty stretchy anyways hopefully she'll fill in nicely.

nypd5.JPG

Been plucking away at F2 building the next under current system. I kept the same basic design as F1 the only big difference is I went with 3" plumbing. I really wanted to go bigger on the plant site. However I tried 4 different plastic totes and they are cracked when trying to put together. The main reason is for more root space and water flow. The 3" pipe should not have any issues with clogging, so we'll start there.

16829.JPG

22472.JPG

Back
Top Bottom