The Little Amazon Welcomes All Visitors!

I cant say anything bad about advanced led's
my oldest ones 2-100 watt diamond series are running almost 3 years so far and no problems at all
right now I got 2-150 watt xml's and the 2-100 waters still going strong I use only in my bloom tent and I went with led's
because of heat issues, it never gets really cold here and I can only do so much for the heat
led's are great as the technology is there now, but I also feel you get what you pay for.
and I would say genetics play a lot in the yield you get ive gotten just over 6 oz dried on my sour diesel and about the same with my chemdog
I average about 4 oz dried a plant and as I said I think genetics does have a big role in this as I have had smaller plants with less yield using the same nute schedule as I do for all the seeds that I actually bought, I get stingy on the free seeds sometimes :rofl:
but if you ask me I would tell you led's is the way to go and advanced led's if you can afford them are great lights

edit and my space to grow is 4x4 area with 5 ft total height minust the lights and buckets it takes it down to about 3 feet total to touch the lights or somewhere in that range some plants I do a lot of super cropping and even a lot of tying down
just figure I let you know what kind of space im working with

edit again

I just measured the space I got exactly 3 ft from top of buckets to bottom of lights

6 oz was from one plant but it varies from plant to plant I would say depends on genetics
I usually have 3 to 4 plants in there
when I do have a plant that gets like those plants that gave me 6 oz dried it kind of hogs the space
but I dot usually have about a 4 oz average and when the plants are about the size that gives me 4 oz dried
I usually got the same amount in there 3-4 plants but
if theres 4 in there 2 of them are on the same schedule and the other 2 would be each 3 weeks behind the other
so 2 three weeks from the next and the other 3 weeks behind the on 3 weeks behind the 2 I try to grow perpetual so I can harvest a plant every 3-4 weeks

edit the total height of my bloom tent is 5 ft

6 oz was from one plant but it varies from plant to plant I would say depends on genetics
I usually have 3 to 4 plants in there
when I do have a plant that gets like those plants that gave me 6 oz dried it kind of hogs the space
but I dot usually have about a 4 oz average and when the plants are about the size that gives me 4 oz dried
I usually got the same amount in there 3-4 plants but
if theres 4 in there 2 of them are on the same schedule and the other 2 would be each 3 weeks behind the other
so 2 three weeks from the next and the other 3 weeks behind the on 3 weeks behind the 2 I try to grow perpetual so I can harvest a plant every 3-4 weeks

edit the total height of my bloom tent is 5 ft

6oz per plant would be the number! I can't rotate the way you do because I use my flower room to dry the herbs, so when is harvest time they all need to removed at the same time.
The exactly distance from the top of my pots to bottom of light is 41 inches, but I have a blockbuster which takes about 8 inches of space. The major problem is the shape of the room, is an attic and has beens crossing the area making difficulty to hang another light in the dark spots. What is the wattage in your flower room? I was thinking to have about 250w (drawing of the wall) of LED to each plant, I am afraid I may have breaching problems because of too much light at short distance to the canopy :(
Thanks for answering Cronichemphog
Peace

Hello fellow farmers!
How is everything going in your garden? In my garden girls are happy, eating well and getting fat and stinkier :)
It's week 5 of flower and they are starting to get fatter. The Pre 98 Bubba Kush is the winner in size for now. You can definitely notice how fat they are compared to all other strains. The Blackberry looks very frosty, but the flowers are noticeable smaller compared to the other strains. The Cotton Candy as you guys can see started to fade very earlier in flower, I would say week 2 she started to show signs, now the leaves tips are starting to get purple as I dropped the temperature to 70f during the day, at night is getting around 66f.
I was considering to use the Blackberry Kush again for my next run but she will be out! I don't have much grow area and she stretches more than all the other strains I have, also the weight very important fact in my case, so If a plant in 3 gallon don't produce at least 3oz she must go!
The smell is getting out of control. I can smell it from downstairs and when lights are off is even worse! I have an ozone generator inside the tent, I used before and it works fabulous, but I noticed it kind also reduce the fragrance of the flowers, for that reason I will let them stink the house.
On Friday I fed the plants with a mix a little too hot, around 1100ppm, the blackberry kush complained and the showed tip leaves burned, so yesterday I fed them again with about 900PPM.

Week 4 of Flower
Friday

RO WATER 40 PPM & 6.7PH
Ph adjusted to 5.8 and PPM 1100

Growmore Humid Acid 10ml
Jack's Professional 5-12-26 25g
Jack's 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate 10g
Magnesium Nitrate 5g
Epsom Salts 4g
Heavy 16 Fire 15ml
H&G Roots Excel 5ml
H&G Drip Clean 4ML

Week 5 of Flower
Monday

RO WATER 40 PPM & 6.7PH
Ph adjusted to 5.8 and PPM 900

Jack's Professional 5-12-26 12.5g
Jack's 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate 5g
Magnesium Nitrate 2.5g
Epsom Salts 4g
Heavy 16 Fire 15ml
H&G Drip Clean 4ML
Heavy 16 Roots 5ML
H&G Multi Zen 20ML

Few pictures of the girls now.

This is the Blackberry Kush I mentioned about getting tip burn, the big leaf damaged was caused but nutrient solution that I dropped when I reach to water them.

IMG_033635.JPG

Cotton Candy in the middle, Pre 98 BK on the right end and Blackberry on the left.
IMG_033546.JPG

Pre 98 Bubba Kush #3
IMG_033337.jpg

Pre 98 Bubba Kush #3

IMG_033133.jpg

Cotton Candy #3
IMG_032936.jpg

Cotton Candy #2
IMG_030932.jpg

Cotton Candy #2
IMG_030839.jpg

Cotton Candy #1
IMG_032134.jpg

Blackberry Kush #3
IMG_032229.jpg

Blackberry Kush #2
IMG_031230.jpg

Blackberry Kush #3
IMG_030534.jpg

Blackberry Kush #2
IMG_030636.jpg

6oz per plant would be the number! I can't rotate the way you do because I use my flower room to dry the herbs, so when is harvest time they all need to removed at the same time.
The exactly distance from the top of my pots to bottom of light is 41 inches, but I have a blockbuster which takes about 8 inches of space. The major problem is the shape of the room, is an attic and has beens crossing the area making difficulty to hang another light in the dark spots. What is the wattage in your flower room? I was thinking to have about 250w (drawing of the wall) of LED to each plant, I am afraid I may have breaching problems because of too much light at short distance to the canopy :(
Thanks for answering Cronichemphog
Peace

I just found in your journal 1 of the answers for the question that I had asked you:

oh yea right now theres a total of 500 watts of led power in there:thumb:

I think that should cover a 4x4 area

They Look Great man that bubba has a lot of snow on it too :thumb:

How's it going Cronichemphog.
She is definitely putting more crystals than all the other strains. I have a blue dream that have absolutely NO crystal at all! I got this only plant from a guy through craigslist to fill the room, big mistake!
Do you keep your panel close to the canopy all the times? Never got that "Harsh Tip" effect in your tops?
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/DSC060133.JPG
Thanks for stopping by.

it would be has tip and I try to keep them about 18-12 inches away but a lot of times because of limited height in the tent
it gets really close or even touch the lights when they do touch the lights if they are well into bloom I try to avoid super cropping actually depends on the stem if its woody I tie it down to keep it off the light if its still slightly soft I do the super crop method

Happy Sunday fellow farmers!
It is end of week 5 and plants are getting really fat :)
They are also smelling super strong, especially when lights are off, making my entire house smell. I will not use the Ozone generator that I have inside the room as I mentioned before, I may be paranoid but I remember last time when I used and plants did lose some of her fragrance.
1 of my plants (Blue Dream) is not doing well in terms of crystals production. I grew a Blue Dream Haze several times and it was absolutely amazing! I didn't have enough plants to do my run this time, I decided to check local craigslist and that is where she came, just a crap one that only God know how many generations she is.
I can't stop thinking about the changes I want to do in my room. 1 would be switching to LED. 2 Reducing the number of Plants. 3 Installing a Mini Split. I Guess no matter what I decide to do, install a mini split would help me so much, to the point that I don't think I'd go with LED, since I would have to run AC no matter what I used to grow.
Plants were fed this way, Wednesday & Yesterday (Sat).

Week 5 of Flower
Wednesday

RO WATER 40 PPM & 6.7PH
Ph adjusted to 5.8 and PPM 1100

Jack's Professional 5-12-26 15g
Hydro Garden KSI02 20ml
Epsom Salts 4g
Heavy 16 Fire 15ml
H&G Drip Clean 4ML
H&G Multi Zen 20ML
Nectar For The Gods Demeters Destiny 50ml
Nectar For The Gods Herculean Harvest 150 ml
Nectar For The Gods Aphrodite's Extraction 75ml

Saturday
RO WATER 40 PPM & 6.7PH
Ph adjusted to 5.8 and PPM around 1000

Jack's Professional 5-12-26 15g
Jack's 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate 10g
Magnesium Nitrate 5g
Epsom Salts 4g
Heavy 16 Fire 15ml
H&G Drip Clean 4ML
Growmore E-Zwet 10ml
Botanicare Liquid Karma 50ml
Earth Juice Microblast 75ml

Now some pics of the girls :cheer:

Blackberry Kush #2
IMG_033728.jpg

Blackberry Kush #2
IMG_032727.jpg

Blackberry Kush #2
IMG_031134.JPG

Blackberry Kush #2
IMG_032528.jpg

Blackberry Kush #2
IMG_032431.jpg

Pre 98 Bubba Kush #3
IMG_033339.jpg

Pre 98 Bubba Kush #3
IMG_033337.jpg

Pre 98 Bubba Kush #2
IMG_032635.JPG

Pre 98 Bubba Kush #1
IMG_031536.jpg

Cotton Candy #3
IMG_032937.jpg

Cotton Candy #3
IMG_032231.JPG

Cotton Candy #3
IMG_031231.JPG

Cotton Candy #3
IMG_030933.JPG

Blackberry Kush #1
IMG_0306_2.jpg

Pre 98 Bubba Kush #1
IMG_030535.jpg

Blackberry Kush #2 on the left, Cotton Candy #3 on the center and Pre 98 Bubba Kush #3 in the back.
The shorter bushy plant in from of the Cotton Candy #3 is the Cotton Candy #2

IMG_034031.JPG

Pre 98 Bubba Kush #1 on the front right, Cotton Candy #1, behind her Cotton Candy #2 and then Cotton Candy #3
IMG_034129.jpg

The whole room view
IMG_034231.jpg

Hell of a garden man, nice job!! I'm super jealous of your Cotton Candy since you saw what happened to mine...All yours are looking tight bro! Really nice pic too man, my phone or ipod pics are either blurry or a lil fuzy. I've been using that Heavy 16 for a couple months now along with a few other things, what's your thoughts on it? Also I switched to LEDs a few months ago. I got a Platinum P300 and within a month I got a P450. I really like them, they run pretty cool, no complaints from me at all about them. I didn't wanna spend a lot, but it seems you do get what you pay for. Either way, I would definitely buy them again given the choice. Not saying anything bad about any other company, I haven't tried any others, so I can't say. But my opinion, they're worth it. I think they should come with a free pair of those sunglasses! They're so super bright my eye's hurt for the first month!!
Since my mishap with my Cotton Candy and seeing yours and remembering how nice it looked before it started fox tailing...I had to throw a new one down so I get get it done right! Haha, I wanted to grow it again anyways, now I have an excuse to :thumb:

Hell of a garden man, nice job!! I'm super jealous of your Cotton Candy since you saw what happened to mine...All yours are looking tight bro! Really nice pic too man, my phone or ipod pics are either blurry or a lil fuzy. I've been using that Heavy 16 for a couple months now along with a few other things, what's your thoughts on it? Also I switched to LEDs a few months ago. I got a Platinum P300 and within a month I got a P450. I really like them, they run pretty cool, no complaints from me at all about them. I didn't wanna spend a lot, but it seems you do get what you pay for. Either way, I would definitely buy them again given the choice. Not saying anything bad about any other company, I haven't tried any others, so I can't say. But my opinion, they're worth it. I think they should come with a free pair of those sunglasses! They're so super bright my eye's hurt for the first month!!
Since my mishap with my Cotton Candy and seeing yours and remembering how nice it looked before it started fox tailing...I had to throw a new one down so I get get it done right! Haha, I wanted to grow it again anyways, now I have an excuse to :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by Kindsup2!
Regarding your pictures not being clear enough, are you taking pictures when lights are ON or OFF? I always take at night, and if you are using iPhone, bring a flash light with you so you can focus it direct to the plants that you want to photograph, it may help you.
I really like Heavy 16 for vegetating stage since you can almost grow a plant without using cal-mag, I have not used during flower, but a lot of growers love it! I love their line, simple, clean and provides great results. I use Fire, Roots and Prime, the combination of Fire and MOAB is the way to go.
About your plants, I really don't think that what you are having is fox tailing, it does looks a LOT as if the plants were going back to vegetate stage. I had an outdoor plant that did exactly what yours are doing, I am attaching few pictures below. Keep a close eye on them, if you notice more new leaves growing from inside of the buds, kill it ASAP.
How do you like the flowers from LED? Are they dense of airy? So, you have a P300 185 watts and a P450 274 watts, total of 459 watts. Do you run AC or have an inline fan sucking the hot air? Did those lights increased the temperature in your room by how much?
I have 40 days to decide the changes I have to make in the room, I hope I do the right thing :)
Thanks again
Peace

Beginning
IMG_033041.JPG

Middle
IMG_033448.JPG

End

IMG_033637.JPG

Right on, thanks for the info and I'll defiantly keep looking to see if anything else happens. the plant is a few days into week 9 of flower, so she was going to be taken soon, at least that was the plan. And as far as the light, the buds are pretty solid not airy. I originally bought the P300 for my veg tent that is 4x2 I also have a HO T5 florescent in there. And with those two my temp hasn't gotten higher than 76 or so... Then I got the P450 in my 3x3 tent and I have a carbon filter with a Vortex 4 inch fan and with just the P450 my temp didn't get over 72-75 at the highest and I don't have AC. I also have a 400 hps in there cuz the LED footprint wasn't covering everything I had in there. But with just 2 plants in there the P450 was great. And with the hps my temps are between about 74-78F or so, doesn't get extremely hot at all! I'm happy with the Platinum lights, I haven't tried any other one's tho. These days they seem to be getting better all the time! I've been wanting to put them both in my 3x3! But the 400 hps is too much for the babies in the veg tent..I hope that helped, hit me up if you wanna ask anything else.

Btw, thanks again for the pics and input with diagnosing my problem, and good call as well! That's gonna be a heavy reminder for me to make sure everything is the way it should be after cleaning or rearranging my tent!

Btw, thanks again for the pics and input with diagnosing my problem, and good call as well! That's gonna be a heavy reminder for me to make sure everything is the way it should be after cleaning or rearranging my tent!

You're very welcome! Let me know how they will turn out after harvest and take some pics :)
Peace

Plants are looking great! My P98 just went into flower 2 weeks ago so I feel like I have a glimpse of the future now.

Edit: My drip system based on your input is also working great. I ended up going with 6 drippers per plant and have not had any dry areas forming yet. :thanks:

I am having a bit of an issue with salt buildup. How much water are you running through your medium every day?

What's up my fellow gardeners?
Is everything going well in your farm? In my garden things are getting very very interesting.
I didn't have time to do update last week because I got hurt and I had to stay out for few days. I got back straight to work and to few more projects, one of them was my Vortex brewer and building a new veg room. I will post pictures later when I am done. Right now I have the Vortex working just fine, later I will make a DIY tread step by step.
Well, plants are growing beautifully. The Blackberry Kush is getting really dark and super frosted, but not too fat in size compared to all others, I was spectating all that from this strain.
The pre 98 Bubba Kush is one of the biggest in size, but not so much crystals compared to the Blackberry Kush.
Cotton Candy Kush has all of them, very frosted and amazing colors!
Temperature is around 73 during the day and 67-64 at night, you can tell how the cold is doing a nice job by coloration of the leaves. Humidity was dropped to 35% this week, I am using the AC in humidifier mode and it keeps cold and very dry.
I am feeding the plants daily now. My run off was high last week, about 2500ppm. Plants were drinking and didn't show any signs of stress, but I decided to flush and decrease to around 800ppm.
So, tomorrow is the end of week 7, there are 2 more weeks to go and it will be 2 weeks of only organics and compost teas to break down all those salts.
I post a picture of one of my Cotton Candy Kush in a contest, 420 Magazine's Plant of the Month - March 2015 Come vote and check out what is going on this month.

Here is a picture of my Vortex not finished.

IMG_3367_Vortex.jpg

The Girls!
Blackberry Kush.

IMG_031232.jpg
IMG_031135.jpg
IMG_030536.jpg
IMG_032026.jpg

Cotton Candy Kush
IMG_031727.jpg
IMG_031427.jpg
IMG_032137.jpg
IMG_030934.jpg