Freakzilla - 1st Grow This Decade - Sour Diesel & Super OG Kush

Freakzilla

So I'm starting a grow soon. I haven't tried growing since the 90's when it wasn't legal and it was in a closet with the poorest of tools. I've gone ahead ordered a tent, light, and a filter. Below I will list all of the equipment. I'm happy to take any input from the hive mind, as long as you don't get offended if I don't take it all. I went ahead and ordered some seeds last night so I've got some time before they show up. I found a great shop with some really friendly staff that had giving me some great advice already. My light shows up Tuesday to finish off the basics. I've decided to grow with soil from my medium, as this is my first grow I hope it will be more forgiving.

Tent: $99
Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing

1666381047963.png

Fan: $77
iPower 4 Inch 190 CFM Inline Fan, with 4 Inch Carbon Filter, grow tent ventilation system

1666381069229.png

Light: $139
Marshydro Reflector 480W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Bloom

1666381103015.png

Seeds:$77 + shipping etc. I don't know if all the free ones is normal from them or if it was a black Friday thing. But no complaints from me!
From Seedsman
Green Crack Feminised Seeds - 3 HDS-GRCRK-Fem-3 =$34.61
Sour Diesel #2 Feminised Seeds - 3 HDS-SD2-Fem-3 =$21.48
Super OG Kush Feminised Seeds-3 PYR-SOG-FEM-3 =$21.48

FREE SEEDS:
BITCOIN BONUS BUNDLE FREE-BTC-BONUS-BUNDLE 8
Humboldt Seeds - Blue Dream
Jack Herrer Feminised by Seedsman Seeds
RQS - Critical Feminised

Pots: $13ish
1 gallon and 5 gallon cloth pots from my local small business.

Medium: $22
Happy frog from my local small business. Will be adding vermiculite at some percentage when I get to that part.

Nutrients: $60ish
Foxfarm big bloom, grow big, and tiger bloom from my local small business. I will flush with sledgehammer and likely add some microbes as well.

I know some of you might question my first three items and I totally get it. I made those choices based on some online reviews and the amount I can afford for my first grow setup. They all seemed to get very good reviews nobody outright hated them. I'll give some reviews as I go for how they work out but so far I have to say I'm pretty happy with the tent for the price.

I do wish that I could have gotten all my gear at "My local small business." And when I spent a good hour there talking with one of the salespeople he told me "in the future to give us a try we`d love to try and be competitive and match online prices" so in the future that's what I'll do.

So I'm sure I will have questions and look forward to getting some answers.

Thanks in advance
20171126_222857.jpg

My light showed up today! Seeds haven't shipped yet so I don't know how long till I've got until i have plants in dirt. Anyone have any idea how long seedsman takes to get to the Boston area? They say 7-28 days. That's a big window.

High FreakZilla,

I'm guessing 3 weeks to get here. I hope you don't mind if I subscribe to your journal. I have a little outdoor experience. I'm still learning also. I'm looking for a reasonably priced short flower period to grow in N.E. Good tidings to you.

lol, I wanted to say you should have some very nice produce at maturity. Very nice setup you have.

High FreakZilla,

I'm guessing 3 weeks to get here. I hope you don't mind if I subscribe to your journal. I have a little outdoor experience. I'm still learning also. I'm looking for a reasonably priced short flower period to grow in N.E. Good tidings to you.

lol, I wanted to say you should have some very nice produce at maturity. Very nice setup you have.

Thanks for the info Bode. I'm about 450 in now I'm sure it'll go up, but it should pay for itself in one grow. Wish j had a place for outdoor grow for the quantity but I'm happy with the quality of the equipment I have so far.

Re: Freakzilla - 1st Grow This Decade - Sour Diesel & Super OG Kush

Look at that blurple! The setup looks great. Cant wait to see some green in there!
You and me both! Anyone with a 3d printer looking to save cash. I printed these (see second pic) for paracord adjustment. I tied two loops in the rope one at the end and one midway. The two give me a high and low adjustable position. Here is the link to file.
Camping Rope Tightener by foofoodog - Thingiverse

But might swap for this one
Easy_camping_rope_tensioner by savvoutskos - Thingiverse

Once it prints I'll show that one too.

420-magazine-mobile1548159274.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1066196370.jpg

Re: Freakzilla - 1st Grow This Decade - Sour Diesel & Super OG Kush

You and me both! Anyone with a 3d printer looking to save cash. I printed these (see second pic) for paracord adjustment. I tied two loops in the rope one at the end and one midway. The two give me a high and low adjustable position. Here is the link to file.
Camping Rope Tightener by foofoodog - Thingiverse

But might swap for this one
Easy_camping_rope_tensioner by savvoutskos - Thingiverse

Once it prints I'll show that one too.

420-magazine-mobile1548159274.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1066196370.jpg

Thats actually awesome. Good thinking! Innovation is a great thing. I wish I had a 3d printer lol. Maybe one day.

Yeah me too easier and faster to adjust as well. They still haven't sent me a shipping conformation on my seeds. It's been 4 days sincevi ordered. Im so impatient.

I literally just went through that with an order I just placed. Not the same place, but I contacted them and they got it sorted asap. Was there a timeline they were supposed to ship within?

I literally just went through that with an order I just placed. Not the same place, but I contacted them and they got it sorted asap. Was there a timeline they were supposed to ship within?
Yeah it was 1-3 days. I sent them an email, hopefully I 'll hear back tomorrow. As it was black Friday sales from them im guessing they may have just gotten backed up. They had some pretty decent discounts. Can I ask who do you order from? Are you an indica or sativa type of person?

Yeah it was 1-3 days. I sent them an email, hopefully I 'll hear back tomorrow. As it was black Friday sales from them im guessing they may have just gotten backed up. They had some pretty decent discounts. Can I ask who do you order from? Are you an indica or sativa type of person?

I like a mix to be honest, depends how Im feeling on the day. I enjoy most kush strains so I suppose I lean towards Indica. Im holding off mentioning who I ordered from as this is my first time with them. If things go well Ill mention their name in my journal. I just dont want anyone getting screwed by them. Ill try first lol. I got a hell of a deal on a bunch of seeds so well see.

I like a mix to be honest, depends how Im feeling on the day. I enjoy most kush strains so I suppose I lean towards Indica. Im holding off mentioning who I ordered from as this is my first time with them. If things go well Ill mention their name in my journal. I just dont want anyone getting screwed by them. Ill try first lol. I got a hell of a deal on a bunch of seeds so well see.
Got it fair enough. I don't see a journal in your account have you started it yet?

I did hear back from the company and it was just as I suspected they have lots of ordered to fill and are behind.

Freakzilla - 1st Grow This Decade - Sour Diesel & Super OG Kush

Got it fair enough. I don't see a journal in your account have you started it yet?

I did hear back from the company and it was just as I suspected they have lots of ordered to fill and are behind.

I actually have 2. One that's finished and one that's in the works. Here's the current one :)

2nd Grow - The Freak Is Back - LED 2017

Back
Top Bottom