Freakzilla - 1st Grow This Decade - Sour Diesel & Super OG Kush

The room I will have these in gets a bit cold. I'm wondering if any one has a small safe heat method they use for when the lights go out? Over night the house can drop to the 50`s once it gets really cold out. Also wondering if people ever have the no light period be during the daylight hours in a tent so when im not at work I can check in on them with out letting in light during dark hours.

Well I got the seeds! Two weeks and a day from when I got the shipping notification for anyone wondering. Here are the seeds

420-magazine-mobile954866383.jpg

I love the Stealth packaging, it cracked me up. If you've gotten it from them you know what it looks like. I'm hesitant to post in case these posts get "patroled" by big brother. I'll leave it that they are very thorough.

The room I will have these in gets a bit cold. I'm wondering if any one has a small safe heat method they use for when the lights go out? Over night the house can drop to the 50`s once it gets really cold out. Also wondering if people ever have the no light period be during the daylight hours in a tent so when im not at work I can check in on them with out letting in light during dark hours.
Just wondering again if anyone has any suggestions on this
420-magazine-mobile151910872.jpg

It gets cold in Massachusetts

Just wondering again if anyone has any suggestions on this
420-magazine-mobile151910872.jpg

It gets cold in Massachusetts

Using a small heater is what a lot of people use. As far as light cycle goes, that's completely up to you when on and off is. Just be careful if you're checking them during dark cycle with a camera. If it's using IR for the night vision you can't mess with your plants. We may not see the light as much but the plants sure do. Hope this helps

Using a small heater is what a lot of people use. As far as light cycle goes, that's completely up to you when on and off is. Just be careful if you're checking them during dark cycle with a camera. If it's using IR for the night vision you can't mess with your plants. We may not see the light as much but the plants sure do. Hope this helps
Ah I hadn't even thought about the IR on a camera, but that totally makes sense. People talk a lot about any light absolutely any light , but in out door grows then wouldn't moon light cause problems? Im not going mess with it but just seems odd. I think I'm going to look for a cheap oil filled heater seems like thdd safest version of a space heater.

Thanks

I'm glad you caught my spelling error regarding the light and thought better of it haha. Oil filled heaters are great. Just don't keep it directly near a single plant because the heat tends to build up around the heater without a fan.

As far as the moon being a light leak, it sure is! This is a blurb I saw a while back and did not write. It just gives an interesting perspective.

"In our terms the moon is a light leak. Cannabis is naturally hermaphrodite...the moon probably helps this process. Just because plants have evolved and grown naturally under moonlight for a million years doesn't mean it won't cause hermies. From the plant's perspective, hermies are a good thing, it insures that the plant can reproduce, which is it's #1 goal.

We have a different #1 goal, to produce seedless bud, the opposite of what the plant wants to do. We're not trying to recreate the outdoor environment in an indoor grow. We're trying to create an artificial environment that will make the plant grow differently then it does naturally. Our goal is to create an environment where we can manipulate the plant and make it do what we want it to...not what it does in nature."

Happy growing!! :)

Re: Freakzilla - 1st Grow This Decade - Sour Diesel & Super OG Kush

I'm glad you caught my spelling error regarding the light and thought better of it haha. Oil filled heaters are great. Just don't keep it directly near a single plant because the heat tends to build up around the heater without a fan.

As far as the moon being a light leak, it sure is! This is a blurb I saw a while back and did not write. It just gives an interesting perspective.

"In our terms the moon is a light leak. Cannabis is naturally hermaphrodite...the moon probably helps this process. Just because plants have evolved and grown naturally under moonlight for a million years doesn't mean it won't cause hermies. From the plant's perspective, hermies are a good thing, it insures that the plant can reproduce, which is it's #1 goal.

We have a different #1 goal, to produce seedless bud, the opposite of what the plant wants to do. We're not trying to recreate the outdoor environment in an indoor grow. We're trying to create an artificial environment that will make the plant grow differently then it does naturally. Our goal is to create an environment where we can manipulate the plant and make it do what we want it to...not what it does in nature."

Happy growing!! :)

DUH!!! Well that makes some good sense thanks for setting me straight on that moon business! I love that quote good info.
On the heater, that was my concern as well. I had planned on a fan for the heater and to just move some air.

Thanks is very much

Re: Freakzilla - 1st Grow This Decade - Sour Diesel & Super OG Kush

Well it's done I now have seeds germinating. I opted for double the seeds for the number of plants I want. If I only get a plant or two that make it, that's fine too. Honestly it's only a 3x3 tent, so it doesn't seem like it'll be too hard to get enough tops from 1 or 3 plants to fill it

420-magazine-mobile584711127.jpg

I even figured if I do have extras viable plants I might turn them into mothers and try to clone for my second grow.

I've got the germination container on a heating pad to make sure she stays warm enough. I did take a pinch off one of the rapid rooter's and plug the holes in the top of each starter to keep the light out. I'll also throw a black shirt on top too. I hope it'll both hold some heat and block the light.

I was hoping to find a small germination container, I mean I've only got 6 seeds in her, but I couldn't find one. I suppose if I do clone, the extra space will be nice.

420-magazine-mobile1197398430.jpg

Now more waiting.

I have heard good things about that blue dream strain and its ability to save marriages.

Have you done a test run in your tent to see what your temps will be? I use an ceramic heat lamp in my grow room, dont worry about it all forms of heat energy release photons at one wavelength or another. There is no way that photons emitted from a ceramic lamp can be confused by a plant as light capable of being used in photosynthesis.

I have heard good things about that blue dream strain and its ability to save marriages.

Have you done a test run in your tent to see what your temps will be? I use an ceramic heat lamp in my grow room, dont worry about it all forms of heat energy release photons at one wavelength or another. There is no way that photons emitted from a ceramic lamp can be confused by a plant as light capable of being used in photosynthesis.
Lol save marrigages?!?

I have seen some great grows from it on line. I think I might try that for the next one. My worry about ceramic was more the intense heat. A test run makes a lot of sense. I should probably do that.

Back
Top Bottom