Greenislands grow journal 09' #2

Ok well here we go starting the second journal. So far I have all of the girls under a 175 watt HO floro light. I will be growing these in the same room as my previouse journal, however I will repost all specs for newcomers, so here we go. This is what Im working with.

First things first!! ..The Equipment list!!
Ballasts: 3-600watt elect. Quantum dimmable ballasts (love these things, I own like a dozen already!lol)
Bulbs: 600W Hortilux mh conversion for veg and hps for bloom
Hoods: 3-Hydrofarm 8"air-cooled hoods with insulated 8" duct work. They also have the dual wall design to keep temps down on outside of reflector. And has the swing down lens and gasket system for easy maintenance of bulbs and lenses (gotta love that idea!)
Nutrient delivery system: C.A.P. Ebb and Gro set. I always end up only using 10 of the buckets in the both of the sets I use now. The plants don't get crammed that way. And that's what seems to work best for the MJ and tomatoes/basil.
Air movement/Filtration:2-Airking 12" oscillating fans (wall-mount) just for air movement in the room. Ion/uv air filter(to keep air clean). Mountainaire 8" carbon filter with a 12" uvonair (3 corona discharge unit ozone generator, overkill I know) Also I have the room under negative pressure with the 8" max fan hooked up to the carbon filter and ozone generator and its exhausting 24/7. Lights are exhausted with a 8"max-fan as well. Also have another 8"max fan exhausting the room when humidity or temp exceed the set-point.
Environmental: CHHC Sentinel Co2 PPM/temp/humidity/night-device controller. Hooked up to a C.A.P propane CO2 generator. Enviro controller set at 1500ppm, temp at 78 deg. and humidity at 50 with 10 deg dead-band
Nutrients: Advanced nutrients Sensi series so far but I just switched to Advanced Nutrients micro/veg/bloom 3part for flowering because the old nutes were old and not working properly ( having lockout issues) Buckets get flooded 5 times daily
Genetics: "Nosebleed" cross between a local strain and GWS or Silver pearl (cant remember anymore, sorry, its an old girl! And I'm an old guy, lol, ) Also I have another local no name strain that I hybridized years ago. And last but not least "Blue Cheese"(prob my personal favorite even though I had no part in the making of this strain and the other two I did)

Keep in mind they are not in this room yet. It will be a few days before they get moved to their final destination which is back in my room with the 3 600watt lights.

So heres the first set of pictures!

100_10503.jpg

I usually start out pretty rough with them so I can weed out the weeklings As you can see here a few didnt make it through the torturouse 3 days no water test, lol. PS: I didnt do that on purpose, lol. It had more to be with me being out of town actually, lol. But notice how even the rest are? Thats how I want them before they go into the big room. Stay posted! Ill have more pics of the rest soon. Hope everyone stays on for the ride. There only 2 weeks old now but their growing fast!:slide::thanks::yummy:

:popcorn: OK, I'm aboard. I want to see your new Ebb and Flow Tek as I will be redesigning my system next year.

Ok so heres my reason for rebuilding the ebb and gro set. Root bound plants. The plants wont be quite as big this next go around but I still want them to have as much room as possible to grow their large root systems.

These pics show them being pretty rootbound eh?

root_ball_2_.jpg

And this is where I am now in the room. It will be cleaned in the next few days and sterilized. Also I will be installing a few more upgrades. Then the plants get to go back in their new home. This room will have plants in the original 3 gallon pots. The new room however will have the new upgraded ebb and gro pot system. I will keep both rooms seperate and they will both have there own journal (im still thinking about that actually). Anyhow Here is the room as of now. NASTY! uuuggghhh! I hate messes like this!

root_ball_4_.jpg
root_ball_3_.jpg

Ok so the TEK will take a little longer than expected because Im waiting on parts but I will have a few other things Im doing to, like upgrading the exhaust ...again. And doing some work with the AC and overall environmental changes. Stay tuned!

I think you should take a built in swimming pool and convert it to a big DWC filled with nutrients. Cover the pool with a walkable cover with places to support the plants. All of this is covered in a greenhouse with supplemental HPS lighting and CO2 injection.

Being underground, the earth should help cool the solution. Pool pumps could run to a large chiller or to an evaporative cooler and inject air into the solution.

:oops: Daydreaming again. It would be schweet though.

Ok. So here we are with the first set of pictures for ya. I finally got the room clean and the room put back together. Its was a disaster as you all saw. Anyhow you may notice a few other things have changed in the room as well....I put in a new intake system with the idea of distributing the cold AC air evenly among the plants. I also added a new MaxFan for the exhaust as well as adding a "T" to try and pull more evenly. Also I ran all new hoses and hgooked them up a little differently. I also moved all the Quantum e-ballasts into the actual grow room just for ease of use. Also there are no more light cables all over the place. There arent any power chords or anything on the ground now. The control bucket is also in the grow room now. I moved the oscillating fan so it out of the way more. And lastly I added a new 6" intake to help speed up cool down time when its exhausting. They started the day before yesterday which was ..what..the 5th. I will veg for 3 weeks I think. Everything is so much nicer now, its so much easier to move around in the room and that a whole lot. Anyhow heres the pics! Oh and the lights are only at 75% right now. And Im still waiting on the grtommets but as soon as they are in I will have the 5 gallon ebb and gro tek up for everyone. Thanks again for veiwing everyone!

100_1098_-_Copy1.jpg

100_1101_-_Copy1.jpg

100_1104_-_Copy1.jpg

100_1114_-_Copy.jpg

100_1108_-_Copy1.jpg

100_1109_-_Copy1.jpg

100_1115_-_Copy.jpg

nice sterile clean growing environment:cool:. i like the idea of the holes in the ducting to get fresh air to the underside of them when they get bigger.
ill be sticking around for the adventure:nicethread:

Back
Top Bottom