Ricky Bobby's - Soil - T5 - Sativa - SOG - First Journal

Ricky Bobby

Hello everyone! Will get pics up tonight or tmr morning.

After a couple of less than satisfactory grows and a lot of research I decided to adopt a method that I saw on this site and do a 2 liter SOG.

I'm using cut off 2 liters, juice bottles, milk jugs, anything I could get my hands on to start with. Now I'm at all 2liter Pepsi bottles for the most part cut above the label and bottoms painted.

This is not new or original but I could not find a good write up of anyone doing this with T5 floros. My space constraints prevent me from using HID and so I've rigged up the best setup I could.

I'm using 12 T5 HO bulbs (6, two bulb high output ballast). Of those bulbs I have (6) 6500k and (6) 2700k T5HO that all run together.

In those 2 liter bottles I have the beloved Miracle Grow potting soil and MG Perlite. One 2 cu ft bag of potting soil to one 8qt bag of perlite which I believe is about 7:1 soil to perlite ratios.

I have some lovely KMart brand KGro nutes. One reg plant food and one super bloom. Will have to get the npk ratios off them tonight. Also molasses from grocery store and some epsons salt.

Watering every 2-4 days. Nutes every other watering and molasses every watering and epsons salt as needed.

This journal will follow some newly cut clones as I am just learning how to grow from clone and want feedback as well as showing everyone my set up and hopefully spread some info about flowering under T5s.

Room temps currently are about 75-85 and RH between 50-65.

Light cycle is 12/12 for clone and seeds alike.

Moms are under 4 bulb T8 set in a box under my flowering plants that you will see in pics.
They stay under about 14 hr light.

Did I miss anything? I feel like I'm leaving stuff out.

Hope to have some experts follow this journal and give their input where I drop the ball. This would be what I consider my fourth grow but first really with clones and I am far from an expert.

Looking forward to it! Thanks!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey there , all is well and the grow is very much alive! Sorry about no updates after creating. I got spooked about posting pics.

I only have my phone to take photos and even if location is off, is it really off? Ya know?

Maybe I'm just a little over paranoid.

I would like to hear more from others in 420mag that post journals that are in states where it's not yet been legalized.

Any insight on that paranoia Coloradohigh?

Thanks for the positive energy!

All GPS and other identifying information is removed from every photo as it is uploaded into our gallery so there should be no concern on your part with regard to "the man" identifying you based solely on your photos. IMHO, that is one of the main benefits to members of hosting all 420 Magazine photos on site.

1014152350.jpg

Ok so working from a tablet can be a little difficult. I'll get the hang of it.

Ok finally some pictures.. Everything is a little dusty and dirty from my recent project so please excuse my dust. I'll get to clean this weekend.

First off the pic of the entrance is where the new construction was taking place. I had a fake wall built there before that I could pull out to get into my room and then close back up and it just looked like the area was walked off. That was a pain to keep air right and light right though, and the drywall would fall apart from moving so much, heavy, cumbersome, it had to go. I'm not trying to hide it anymore just keep light leaks and pests out now. So the fake wall was demolished and new door frame installed with regular door and framed wall. Exhausts on the top left and passive intake (Jojo light louvers diy to block light) on bottom right. Still have to finish putty, sand and paint.
1016150713a.jpg

Then we open the door to the room:
1016150710b.jpg

Added the LED earlier in the week as an experiment. Here is pics with led and t5s on.
1016150710c.jpg
1016150710b.jpg
1016150711a.jpg

T5 only.
1016150715.jpg

Led only
1016150716.jpg
1016150716a.jpg

Oldest plants had a hard life. Going to be poor yields I suspect. Hopefully the new clones and seedlings will have a more easy going like, and their care taker won't accidently almost murder them with bug spray while fighting a war on gnats.
1016150710d.jpg
1016150710c.jpg

Plants up top obviously are flowering 12/12 light.

Below them is the veg box. Moms and clones hang out in there. I'm still trying to get fully into a good flow of taking clines, rooting and a week of veg and then moved to top to flower. Timing is key.

Two big moms in 5 gallon buckets. Some new potential moms from seed in one gallon buckets. Will number each plant, top them. Root the top and out it into flower and kill the males and then transplant the females into 5 gallon buckets. Then probably start a couple more seeds in the one gallon pots. Want four good big moms for clones.
1016150713.jpg
1016150712.jpg
1016150712a.jpg
1016150712c.jpg
1016150712f.jpg
1016150712e.jpg

I'm subbed in as well. Will be watching. Best of luck! Nice bud harvested by the way. Looks tasty. :thumb:

Welcome OD!

Thanks for the compliments !

Little up date. Some of my seedlings are looking sad. I think the soil is probably quite dried out and it looks like if my thermometers right my temps got way high last night but I have no idea why they would have. Everything is in order.

1019150707d.jpg
1019150707c.jpg
1019150707b.jpg
1019150707a.jpg
1019150707.jpg

Back
Top Bottom